Page 144 of 375 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 5625

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I was under the impression for a while that Elseworld had already been revealed as that planet Darkseid was on. It was only recently I found out that was incorrect. I'd gotten wires crossed at some point. With it still being an unknown, here's hoping its something cool.
    It’s an Earth, “Earth-Alpha”, that alongside Earth Omega where Darkseid Is, has taken Earth 0’s (mainline Earth) place at the center of the Multiverse. Beyond that we know nothing except an Elseworld series was on the list of upcoming series which have all come true.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

I used to be under the impression that the linearverse was elseworld

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    Superman was doing great sells wise with a slow decline that became a nosedive under bendis when he nuked the secret identity and aged up Jon

And Taylor and PKJ have been forced to continue that rejected status quo, regardless of how unpopular and frankly toxic it is

It’s doubling down on failure and PKJ is paying for it dearly...because unlike Tom Taylor...PKJ doesn’t have a brand.
    Yeah, PKJ basically never had a chance. If he were at a later point in his career when he is more popular (assuming he becomes succcessful), then maybe... but the combo of unknown writer + aged-up Jon is too much.

The big name writer perk doesn't exist anymore. That PKJ is a smaller name than Taylor means absolutely nothing in today's climate. Whatever hurdles this run may have, Johnson not being a noted name isn't going to hurt him today like it might have ten years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s an Earth, “Earth-Alpha”, that alongside Earth Omega where Darkseid Is, has taken Earth 0’s (mainline Earth) place at the center of the Multiverse. Beyond that we know nothing except an Elseworld series was on the list of upcoming series which have all come true.
    This all sounds alright so far. The Omega reveal was disappointing just because I'm burned out with Darkseid right now, but we'll see what Alpha is.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-22-2021 at 02:37 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The big name writer perk doesn't exist anymore. That PKJ is a smaller name than Taylor means absolutely nothing in today's climate. Whatever hurdles this run may have, Johnson not being a noted name isn't going to hurt him today like it might have ten years ago.
    I hope you're right and it isn't a hurdle, because I already like Johnson more than Taylor

Incredible Member

Disagree. As bad as Bendis left it, sales would be better if a Snyder or Johns were writing. And while Taylor isn't at that level, he too will likely outsell PKJ.

I agree that bigger name would sell better, but at the same time I doubt it would be radically different. Suppose Taylor increases sales by 10%, does it fundamentally change anything? I think that to make things different we'd need to triple current sales.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Preview!

Incredible Member

PKJ here writing writing an Aquaman crossover so that Arthur has some monthly presence outside of the JL.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    PKJ here writing writing an Aquaman crossover so that Arthur has some monthly presence outside of the JL.
    The Aquachad we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    I really enjoyed the Annual he wrote for Arthur way back when, wouldn’t mind him writing an Aquaman run some day. But it’s nice seeing Arthur and Clark team up, he rarely hangs out with the non-Trinity JL members in his book.

The new logo for Action Comics threw me off for a bit but honestly it looks great.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    The new logo for Action Comics threw me off for a bit but honestly it looks great.
    Can’t beat the classic but it’s a nice update, and I think we were all expecting them to add “Superman” to the title again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Can’t beat the classic but it’s a nice update, and I think we were all expecting them to add “Superman” to the title again.
    "Superman" is understated with the way that they "inked" it, so it works for me. It is a good update.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.