Thread: Wrestling WWE

Incredible Member

Let WWE release Damian Sandow, We haven't seen him in almost a year and it looks like they have nothing for him to do. I'm sure TNA would love to bring him in.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

WWE dropped the ball hard with Sandow. He was one of the most over faces in the company this time last year and after his feud with the Miz they completely took him off TV. One the most jarring things I've witnessed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    Let WWE release Damian Sandow, We haven't seen him in almost a year and it looks like they have nothing for him to do. I'm sure TNA would love to bring him in.
    boo you good sir boo

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Boo, TBP are TNA originals they deserve to stay. They are on their way out anyway--seems that they are slowly transitioning away to have families.
    They're not Originals, original, or interesting.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm doubtful he ever had NO interest in indy talent. Again, I'm sure at any given time a large percentage of the WWE roster were working in the indies prior to being signed the WWE.

But lately he has been signing a lot of high profile indy talent, so there's a shift going on. Why that shift is occuring is anyone's guess, so I'm personally skeptical with Nukes hypothesis that WWE has come to the conclusion they can't make stars anymore so are just deciding to buy them.

I think it's more a combination of a desire to see NXT get bigger and a desire to get more talent and product for the Network.
    no, i said "indy stars" aka "internet darlings" which imo was hhh in a roundabout way taking a shot at the top indy guys at the time and doing the whole "those bingo hall spot monkeys don't know how to work" thing. and that's why it's funny to see him now taking selfies with these guys to get himself over with the internet crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I think Vince is trying to make him a star.He is pushing AJ super hard, and thats great.

Vince is really trying to find a new Daniel Bryan. Thats what Miz mission was. So I see AJ being in the right place at the right time, but if he cools off a bit, i dont see Vince bending over backwards to push him this hard again.
    am i missing something here?? to me AJ's push has been an average midcard push.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post
    Bull could of filled in the spot of King Kong Bundy, One man Gang, or Bam bam, a tough SoB that got guys ready for upper mid card and could be called up to challenge the champs. But that went the window when Corbin came around.
    WTF??

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

It's not like there are a lot of top guys for him to feud with now.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    It's not like there are a lot of top guys for him to feud with now.
    does he actually even have a feud??

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Boo, TBP are TNA originals they deserve to stay. They are on their way out anyway--seems that they are slowly transitioning away to have families.
    At the very least, let the one who is preggers and not costing much, if anything, have her child and settle.

Doing otherwise would be pretty sleazy, albeit not shocking considering the company. Though people tend to be more okay with things like that provided it does not negatively impact someone they like.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

Astonishing Member

does he actually even have a feud??
    Jericho.

Debuts at Rumble
    Stays a long time
    Beats Jericho
    Gets a 15 minute promo by Miz telling how great he is.
    Actually gets advertised fights on Smackdown where the announcers gush over him.

Thats an upper midcard push. He isnt getting Breezed or Nelvilled.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Jericho.

Debuts at Rumble
    Stays a long time
    Beats Jericho
    Gets a 15 minute promo by Miz telling how great he is.
    Actually gets advertised fights on Smackdown where the announcers gush over him.

Thats an upper midcard push. He isnt getting Breezed or Nelvilled.

and that = super hard push?? jesus what in the hell would you call roman's push??

now if i may

Debuts at Rumble
    Stays a long time
    eliminated nobody worth a damn while his own elimination was meaningless.

Beats Jericho really doesn't mean what it used to, ask fandango.

Gets a 15 minute promo by Miz telling how great he is. fair enough.

Actually gets advertised fights on Smackdown where the announcers gush over him. i don't watch smackdown regularly but i did see AJ vs axel and the commentary was 50/50 on him. mauro gave him props while lawler and i think the other guy too were saying his accomplishments outside the WWE didn't mean anything and he hadn't proved himself yet, even dismissed the match with jericho.

don't get me wrong i have no problem with AJ's push thus far but i just don't see it as some huge push, at least not yet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    At the very least, let the one who is preggers and not costing much, if anything, have her child and settle.

Doing otherwise would be pretty sleazy, albeit not shocking considering the company. Though people tend to be more okay with things like that provided it does not negatively impact someone they like.
    I think its more Vel Vel that needs to go. Madison has personality and is a pretty good worker.Angelina is pregnant so it would be bad form to let her go.

TNA has to have quality wrestling. They cant get away with the division being Gail Lim vs all.

Astonishing Member

and that = super hard push?? jesus what in the hell would you call roman's push??

now if i may

Debuts at Rumble
    Stays a long time
    eliminated nobody worth a damn while his own elimination was meaningless.

Beats Jericho really doesn't mean what it used to, ask fandango.

Gets a 15 minute promo by Miz telling how great he is. fair enough.

Actually gets advertised fights on Smackdown where the announcers gush over him. i don't watch smackdown regularly but i did see AJ vs axel and the commentary was 50/50 on him. mauro gave him props while lawler and i think the other guy too were saying his accomplishments outside the WWE didn't mean anything and he hadn't proved himself yet, even dismissed the match with jericho.

don't get me wrong i have no problem with AJ's push thus far but i just don't see it as some huge push, at least not yet.
    I dont disagree with a lot of your points.

I think Rumble is a horrible place to debut a guy with AJ move set. They get lost in the shuffle.

In the best of worlds, i would have had him debut against Del Rio and beat him for the US CHAMPIONSHIP. Del Rio wouldnt have lost to Kalisto so he would be strong.

Then you could have this new guy challenge the whole roster every week while you figure out what to do with him.

Extraordinary Member

Down our throats.

I still think the Rumble debut was a "FU, DIXIE!!!" from Vince in the last minute.

I think Vince knows of him and likes what he sees so a trail run is happening with AJ

Astonishing Member

Before I forget.

John Pollack from the Fight Network brought up a wonderful idea of tagging Cody Rhodes with Tyler Breeze. I love this pairing. What do you guys think?

no, i said "indy stars" aka "internet darlings" which imo was hhh in a roundabout way taking a shot at the top indy guys at the time and doing the whole "those bingo hall spot monkeys don't know how to work" thing. and that's why it's funny to see him now taking selfies with these guys to get himself over with the internet crowd.

WTF??
    I'm sort of doubtful that the WWE has much of a distinction between indy talent and an indy "star." An indy guy is an indy guy for the most part... though there are a few exceptions. AJ Styles as I said earlier debuted directly on the main roster rather than having to go through NXT... so I think in the WWE's mind he's not just a guy from the indys.

Whether or not they know how to work is a different matter ... it's not that surprising that they may not want to sign guys they feel aren't good workers. Though if they're being signed to a developmental then the idea would be to get people with potential and get them to learn their craft.

Even Samoa Joe, a pretty experienced guy, said he thought he knew everything until he got to the Performance Center then said he didn't know anything, during his table for 3. Maybe that's just him kissing up on camera... but either way it was intereesting to hear him say it.