View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 31 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541811315311031 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Good purchases, I bought my copies four or five years ago when Kingdom Come was OOP and Dark Knight was hard to find discounted. Kingdom Come was my first purchase off EBay too iirc, but it came beautifully packaged and was in near new condition. Really got me into Absolutes those first two buys, watch out for your wallet.
    After initially saying "I'd never buy a comic that expensive" two years ago I've amassed a big collection since. I just counted and own 18 Absolutes with two more on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Herc View Post
    Just a helpful word of warning to those who may be looking at omnibuses on eBay. There's a seller, "bromhom123", who is selling a number of them, Marvel and DC. I bought "52" from him 8 days ago and it still hasn't shipped, and the seller has not responded to emails. In the last few days the seller's feedback rating has gone down because of other buyers who haven't received their stuff or gotten any responses from the seller either. I don't know if something happened to the seller, or the seller got hacked or the seller is just a thief...just don't buy from them at this point. There are people posting negative feedback that are out hundreds of dollars.
    I knew something was up. This is the only time I've seen the OOP infinite crisis omni go for less than $200. I was skeptical so I checked the negative feedback ratings (3 or 4) and they weren't related to comics. So I went ahead and ordered anyway, knowing it'll probably not be fulfilled. But I wasn't gonna pass up the chance to get this book for $100.

Anyway I contacted the seller a week after the sale asking for a tracking number or any other info. All he did was update the item status as 'shipped'. Im gonna wait maybe a week and then contact ebay/paypal to get my money back. This is the first time I'm dealing with this kind of issue in ebay but I guess the refund process is straightforward enough.

FYI - someone brought up the fact that THE RETURN OF BRUCE WAYNE DELUXE was back in stock at Book Depository - I emailed them on Tuesday and they said they had 10 copies, I gave it a chance and it dispatched last night
    Capturebat.JPG

I know it's not really necessary with the Omnibus out, but Amazon.ca has Absolute Planetary Book Two New (from them) for $34. Isn't that book supposed to be hard to get?

Quote Originally Posted by kdjac0434 View Post
    I just picked up Batman The Black Glove Deluxe edition. I have a question now . . . . whats the reading order for Morrisons story and whats in HC or Deluxe HC?

Its been awhile since I read it, and I had some issues/trades and borrowed some so I am lost on it all.
    The chronological reading order would be the following:
    1- Batman the Black Glove Deluxe Edition
    2- Batman RIP, available in Deluxe Edition as well as TPB
    3- Time and the Batman. Only available in regular-sized HC and TPB. Collects #700, a standalone story, and #701-702, which take place between RIP and Final Crisis but were published months later.
    4- Absolute Final Crisis. I think this is the only OHC that includes Batman #682-683
    5- Absolute Batman and Robin
    6- The Return of Bruce Wayne Deluxe Edition or TPB. This story chronologically concludes before #15 of B&R.
    7- Batman Inc. Vol. 1 Deluxe Edition
    8- Batman Incorporated Vol. 1: Demon Star and Vol. 2 Gotham's Most Wanted. These are regular HCs.

Now, instead of 7 and 8, you could always get the upcoming Absolute Batman Incorporated in late November.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasp14 View Post
    I know it's not really necessary with the Omnibus out, but Amazon.ca has Absolute Planetary Book Two New (from them) for $34. Isn't that book supposed to be hard to get?
    v2 was available for a while, its v1 that is hard to get as it sold out pretty quickly when it was reprinted. V2 stayed in stock as no one could get a v1.

Is there an absolute or a deluxe edition that contain Batman 430 (and surrounding issues)?

I just picked up Batman The Black Glove Deluxe edition. I have a question now . . . . whats the reading order for Morrisons story and whats in HC or Deluxe HC?

Its been awhile since I read it, and I had some issues/trades and borrowed some so I am lost on it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    The chronological reading order would be the following:
    1- Batman the Black Glove Deluxe Edition
    2- Batman RIP, available in Deluxe Edition as well as TPB
    3- Time and the Batman. Only available in regular-sized HC and TPB. Collects #700, a standalone story, and #701-702, which take place between RIP and Final Crisis but were published months later.
    4- Absolute Final Crisis. I think this is the only OHC that includes Batman #682-683
    5- Absolute Batman and Robin
    6- The Return of Bruce Wayne Deluxe Edition or TPB. This story chronologically concludes before #15 of B&R.
    7- Batman Inc. Vol. 1 Deluxe Edition
    8- Batman Incorporated Vol. 1: Demon Star and Vol. 2 Gotham's Most Wanted. These are regular HCs.

Now, instead of 7 and 8, you could always get the upcoming Absolute Batman Incorporated in late November.
    Batman #682-683 is in the RIP deluxe, so if you don't want to spend that much on the FC absolute or double dip on those 2 issues and just buy the FC tpb or the regular hc (it's oop but not so hard to find a used copy, just make sure that it's the right edition which collects Superman beyond and FC submit), you should read Batman #682-683 somewhere after FC 5.
    I've read the Return of BW after Batman and Robin #9, in theory you should read the 2 titles back to back, but I was fine reading the whole Return story between B&R 9 and 10.
    Also, I think the absolute INC comes out in December.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wasp14 View Post
    After initially saying "I'd never buy a comic that expensive" two years ago I've amassed a big collection since. I just counted and own 18 Absolutes with two more on the way.
    Yeah, I remember thinking to myself 3-4 years ago that 4 or so Omnibuses will suffice and that's it. Now, I'm near the 40 mark. A lot less than some of you I know

With regards to Absolutes, my first one was Batman The Long Halloween and then All Star Superman closely followed. I managed to pick up Absolute Batman the Dark Knight last year shrinkwrapped from someone privately for well under cover price. However, I passed over the chance of getting Absolute Kingdom Come for a similarly good price, thinking it might still go down in price. You win some, you lose some.

With the Deluxe Ronin coming up and the old thread a mere (unaccessible) memory, I thought I would repost my old pics from the Absolute edition to pt people in the mood.

And lastly that gorgeous mega fold out (also in the deluxe).

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    And lastly that gorgeous mega fold out (also in the deluxe).

Great pics momaw. Thanks!

Those pics really make me regret selling my copy, on the other hand knowing how good it is makes the upcoming Deluxe very tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Those pics really make me regret selling my copy, on the other hand knowing how good it is makes the upcoming Deluxe very tempting.
    You know you want to.