Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I just checked second chances and it's not exactly the way you put it.

Jason lost it at Two face because he find out that he killed his father. Batman at the time wasn't aware of what's going on and got angry when he tried to find the reason and got sassed by Jason instead. Once Jason told him though, he was very understanding and explained that he hide the truth because he wanted to protect him and the two were good again pretty quickly. Context is pretty important.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I just checked second chances and it's not exactly the way you put it.
    Sorry, I seem to be a little biased since I was really mad at Bruce for saying all that stuff quoted above and letting an at first unaware Jason fight the man who killed his father.
    Last edited by Sergard; 08-26-2018 at 09:27 AM.

Fantastic Member

I think they had enough of batman but instead of killing batman they want to make him a bad guy first so no one will care when they do kill him
    to me him beating jason or any of his kids is just the same as them suddenly having jason kill small children
    you might be of the opinion that they've been heading this way for a while but it takes a while to kill something as big as batman I just wish they would let him die a good man
    I was in a freak accident there were freaks everywhere Dan vs

Fantastic Member

I think they had enough of batman but instead of killing batman they want to make him a bad guy first so no one will care when they do kill him
    to me him beating jason or any of his kids is just the same as them suddenly having jason kill small children
    you might be of the opinion that they've been heading this way for a while but it takes a while to kill something as big as batman I just wish they would let him die a good man
    I was in a freak accident there were freaks everywhere Dan vs

The annual was pretty much a love letter to the people who read n52. The relationship between Jason and Roy felt so genuine, fun and heart warming with the way they both helped and supported each others.

I said before that I can't buy Jason feeling so upest about Roy dying (and yes, he is so going to die) because they haven't talked for so long, but I can now with the way Lobdell handled their renuin and it seem what's going to push Jason since he is fine enough in the annual.

Oh, and Artemis & Bizarro did appear and it's pretty clear that Lobdell isn't done with them yet and they will show up later.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    The annual was pretty much a love letter to the people who read n52. The relationship between Jason and Roy felt so genuine, fun and heart warming with the way they both helped and supported each others.

I said before that I can't buy Jason feeling so upest about Roy dying (and yes, he is so going to die) because they haven't talked for so long, but I can now with the way Lobdell handled their renuin and it seem what's going to push Jason since he is fine enough in the annual.

Oh, and Artemis & Bizarro did appear and it's pretty clear that Lobdell isn't done with them yet and they will show up later.
    This was so bittersweet, being 99% sure that Roys time is coming to an end. And I totally agree with your review, it was so lovely to see their friendship and the way they supported each other.

Was the Suzie Sue supportive sisters thing supposed to be another bitter realisation of what Jason can never have? A family that actually helps and supports him. Kind of a sad contrast to see.

Also I'm absolutely ecstatic to see that Lobdell isn't done with Biz and Arty. I hope this reveal with them means Lobdell will keep us updated in their progress within rhato. Maybe cutting back to them every now and then? Perhaps leading to the eventual reunion?

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

That was a good issue. I loved every moment with Jason and Roy. Big fan of the Propeller Arrow.
    And it was nice to see Suzie again. I like her character even if her design feels a little exaggerated. (And I don't know why she is still alive. Didn't Jason kill her in the past?)
    So where are Artemis and Bizarro now? Jason couldn't find them although he scanned the whole multiverse(?!).

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    That was a good issue. I loved every moment with Jason and Roy. Big fan of the Propeller Arrow.
    And it was nice to see Suzie again. I like her character even if her design feels a little exaggerated. (And I don't know why she is still alive. Didn't Jason kill her in the past?)
    So where are Artemis and Bizarro now? Jason couldn't find them although he scanned the whole multiverse(?!).
    I didn't read the issue yet, but I suspect that, if they're in the same place than Ma Gunn and her bottled house, they're in the Bleed, or in Limbo (because she was reading some meta-alternate universe comics bassically). The space between and outside the multiverse. I think come other comics are also using it recently, so maybe it has something to do with an upcoming event?

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Best issue in the entire series so far. Lobdell just nails Roy and Jason's friendship.

It's a damn shame Editorial is messing everything up and sending Roy to the slaughterhouse just to create drama.

And about Bizarro and Artemis, is obvious where they are

spoilers:
    The Dark Multiverse
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    She was revived in Red Hood/Arsenal. They fought again but ultimately Jason let her live to set up an example for Joker's daughter.

I love the way Suzie and her sisters were used. Another punch in the gut for Jason. But I love that he keeps it internal and positive for both himself and Roy. God, Roy! I don't think I can watch what's gonna happen to him.

Read it.

Yeah, it looks like the Dark Multiverse.
    I think this was a strong issue, even if it's just the way to tie both the former and the following stories. It works well as a link as well as a call back to previous runs.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-29-2018 at 10:19 AM.

I loved this issue so much! I didn't know how much I missed Jason's friendship with Roy until now. Boy, they're really set him up to die there...

I wish Jason could have talked about his feelings towards being beaten and shunned by Batman though. He sorta acted like it did not bother him much anymore, which I find a bit odd. I know this is meant to be a book about Jay's bonds with his friends, thus becoming his sorta new family, but I also wanted to hear his feelings on the shunning from the Bat Family part.

Now I'm kind of wondering if the mysterious person who he doesn't expect to call him on issue #27 will be Dick to tell him of Roy's murder.

Cue the many, many death flags for Roy. I guess that's why they had him break up with Donna off screen.

And good to see that Loebdell isn't done with Artemis and Bizarro. They'll need a lot of luck to get out of this one. And apparently they get split up when they get back (going off of Wonder Woman).

And that family bit, yeah. That's a gut punch to Jason.

Always Rakzo

Pretty damn good issue. Once again, Lobdell shines whenever he focuses on character work and he makes the relationship between Roy and Jason endearing in a way that is even more believable than Roy's own relationship with the Titans.

Neat artwork as well. Next issue should be cool.