Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    Well, he was in one more issue of Quasar later. But it wasn't nearly as good as his first appearance.
    Thanks for the info. Nice to know he's still around, and that there's a chance he'll be seen again.

This cross over was magnificent... Man, the perfect interaction between these two teams

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Ah the gags we lost count.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Ah the gags we lost count.

Oh look, Captain Marvels I actually like. The only thing missing is if Monica Rambeau had been there.

Extraordinary Member

Monica is there, she’s that yellow energy blob just above the first Captain Marvel.

Yeah she is in there.

Quote Originally Posted by katefan View Post
    Oh look, Captain Marvels I actually like. The only thing missing is if Monica Rambeau had been there.
    Or even Mary & Freddy.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Or even Mary & Freddy.
    Between Mary, Freddy, and Vell's kids that panel could have been awefully crowded if they wanted it too. Though I think they were being selective in picking only the Captain Marvels who were Avengers or JLA members (though Mar-Vell technially is a cheat).

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Between Mary, Freddy, and Vell's kids that panel could have been awefully crowded if they wanted it too. Though I think they were being selective in picking only the Captain Marvels who were Avengers or JLA members (though Mar-Vell technially is a cheat).
    Understood. Nothing is impossible for George Perez, but that scene is tightly packed any way you look at it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by katefan View Post
    Attachment 86567
    My look at this Epic crossover event.
    It’s hilarious, based on the last twenty years, to hear Superman accuse the Marvels of letting their world become a “sorry, disgraceful shambles.”

HOW many people died in Throne of Atlantis, Wasteland, Coast City, Bludhaven....?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    It’s hilarious, based on the last twenty years, to hear Superman accuse the Marvels of letting their world become a “sorry, disgraceful shambles.”

HOW many people died in Throne of Atlantis, Wasteland, Coast City, Bludhaven....?
    Yeah, I think a lot of the preconceptions the League and Avengers had about each other were based more on the classic perception of their worlds. In todays time, marvel and dc would probably be fairly indestinquishable from each other. Which is probably why it was good we got this cross over when we did.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, I think a lot of the preconceptions the League and Avengers had about each other were based more on the classic perception of their worlds. In todays time, marvel and dc would probably be fairly indestinquishable from each other. Which is probably why it was good we got this cross over when we did.
    If I were the Joker, I’d have been insulted by Supes’ casual contempt for all his hard work.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Yeah at the time of this story, the Green Lantern Corps had been wiped out by Hal Jordan, Barbara Gordon was paralyzed by the Joker, Coastal City was destroyed, Jason Todd was dead and I think Starfire's homeworld got destroyed by Raven too.

I just chalk it up to the merging of the two worlds messing with the characters' heads.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Monica is there, she’s that yellow energy blob just above the first Captain Marvel.
    Damn, you're right, I should've seen that. That just makes Perez even more awesome.

The whole first two issues feel anti marvel at times. They spent what 4 pages showing how awful marvel is but dc gets two panels and that's it and it's "the speed guy has a museum" . If your going to tear apart marvel then due the same for dc. Then theres the out of character scene of the avengers acting likes savages and attacking superman over thor getting beat! Thor gets beat all the time and the avengers didn't act that way! Hated superman stopping thors hammer also. That would have broke his hand and he would be screaming in pain as magic affects supes the same as everyone and the line about barry and hal are "the real ones" over wally and kyle are the huge annoying things about the mini series!

Plus batman beats the punisher for half a hour! Punisher beat hulk, Spider-Man and wolverine at once! Sorry don't buy it at all. Batman beating him I can buy but no way he "beat him up for a half a hour!"

With that said he did have it where the avengers would have won if cap had not thrown the contest and batman more or less said cap would win if they fight. So avengers did get some love but it really felt like marvel was getting more hate then dc in those early issues.

The last issue battle was great! Seeing members from both teams team up from all generations was a once in the lifetime treat and even smaller members like animal man, power girls cat, retro, the great lakes avengers, stingray and d-man got some screentime!

That last issue alone is worth the complaints from the other issues plus having them change into classic outfits added more to the fun!

All in all the greats outshine the complaints. Great series.