Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    I wish I got to these threads earlier, but as it stands I'm just gonna repeat what's already been said. So I'll just add this, mutants have no business in Otherworld, mutant magic is a joke and has no real advantage over regular magic and only thing that can save this title would be a war between Okkara and Otherworld.
    I think people wanted mutant magic to be something better than human, but is only something they are stealing to the humans, well not only the humans , every magic creature of otherworld too. Would be interesting if another issue shows the magic creatures of England dying by the lack of magic and how Excalibur would react to that .

I also think this book is underperforming. Apocalypse's voice is just off. Actually, several characters feel off(Gambit too). I like magic and lore and everything, but it isn't landing here. And yes, Captain Britain Betsy hasn't been a home run. I want to like a lot of these elements, but they just aren't executed enjoyably.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

I knew Apocalypse hadn't changed one goddamn bit. Still as manipulative and self-serving as ever. Seeing how quickly he could turn from speaking so softly to Rictor when it suited him, or when Rictor had started to trust him, to absolutely snarling at him when he stepped outside of perceived bounds. Same old, same old and, thankfully, believable as hell!

But I agree with other users: I hate how Gambit's being used to prop Apocalypse up. I'm wondering if this is a meta thing: the fact that Remy's one of two people to question him and not totally jive with this direction, so Apocalypse gets to beat him up as further insult? Or Tini just really hates Gambit. I hate how she grossly misunderstands his character, plus his abilities; he didn't have anything on Apocalypse on strength but he is so. Much. Craftier. Than that!

I love Rogue though. I love how she just went in, absolutely no patience for Apocalypse and refused to bend to his whims...but I also hate that he apparently got what he wanted in being killed. But, at least for now, he's gone and it's a relief and thank goodness for small mercies! I also love how Jubilee was taking absolutely no guff when it came to Shogo! Yes, she might not have done much this issue, but the fact that she's not afraid to stand her ground and love her son, to tell Apocalypse to **** off, is still so her!

3/10, flawed but I'm willing to see where it goes...

I read this issue kind of early this morning, but I'm not getting the 'Rogue is pregnant' thing. Unless it's 'pregnant with possibilities for the -A-' or something non-literal. Nine months of pregnancy is too long in comic time to fit into whatever the book is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    I read this issue kind of early this morning, but I'm not getting the 'Rogue is pregnant' thing. Unless it's 'pregnant with possibilities for the -A-' or something non-literal. Nine months of pregnancy is too long in comic time to fit into whatever the book is doing.
    We may have to start calling her •-[R]-•
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    The swirly magic energy in Otherworld was right centered on her stomach... if it’s ‘pregnant’ with apocalypse, then that’s Carol and Marcus levels of f@&!ed up and needs to not happen.

I don’t really get this, it’s on the surface a fun enough magic type story, but the mutant magic is literally just Otherworld magic channeled through Krakoa, so it’s just swiped. The magic crystals could only be used once (for something Rictor could hav done himself) and now they’re useless? Gambit was at tribute about everything he was complaining about, apocalypse was up to something and was trying to hurt rogue (when gambit goes after him, he says, you’re trying to get to hell before your wife, sounding like he thought rogue would end up dying.) But betsy and Rictor keep acting like he’s an idiot. At least, jubilee and rogue ended up standing up for him, but it was barely shown.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    The swirly magic energy in Otherworld was right centered on her stomach... if it’s ‘pregnant’ with apocalypse, then that’s Carol and Marcus levels of f@&!ed up and needs to not happen.

I don’t really get this, it’s on the surface a fun enough magic type story, but the mutant magic is literally just Otherworld magic channeled through Krakoa, so it’s just swiped. The magic crystals could only be used once (for something Rictor could hav done himself) and now they’re useless? Gambit was at tribute about everything he was complaining about, apocalypse was up to something and was trying to hurt rogue (when gambit goes after him, he says, you’re trying to get to hell before your wife, sounding like he thought rogue would end up dying.) But betsy and Rictor keep acting like he’s an idiot. At least, jubilee and rogue ended up standing up for him, but it was barely shown.
    I want Rogue, Jubilee and Gambit to get their own spin-off from this; it'd be better for everyone involved. Doesn't even have to carry on from Excalibur; just have one of them saying "Yo! We're leaving!" in one panel and then jump right in to their own title!

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post

I get the feeling we've only seen the beginning of •-[A]-•'s plan. You know how he is!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I get the feeling we've only seen the beginning of •-[A]-•'s plan. You know how he is!
    Extra-Super manipulative?

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If she is, I wonder if what just happened would explain their skin colour? Assuming that it's actually Maxime and Manon she's expecting (remember, the teenage versions of them are actually from the future).
    This series has a bit of a fascination with twins. Betsy & Brian are, the Druid twins from issue 1 who quickly drown (maybe?), and the data page talks about the forthcoming sign of the twin sun and moons. If Rogue’s pregnant with twins, it’s certainly keeps in line. And who else but Gambit & Rogue could have produced such manipulative little brats?

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Extra-Super manipulative?
    I can't wait for him to be sitting at the council table again!

"You killed me. I am proud".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I can't wait for him to be sitting at the council table again!

"You killed me. I am proud".
    Ugh, don't, please! Nothing makes me wanna tip that stupid table up on him more, the old fucker!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    This series has a bit of a fascination with twins. Betsy & Brian are, the Druid twins from issue 1 who quickly drown (maybe?), and the data page talks about the forthcoming sign of the twin sun and moons. If Rogue’s pregnant with twins, it’s certainly keeps in line. And who else but Gambit & Rogue could have produced such manipulative little brats?
    That's a very good point!!

Omg Rogue and Remy's twins!!!! They can be their own partners in crime!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If she is, I wonder if what just happened would explain their skin colour? Assuming that it's actually Maxime and Manon she's expecting (remember, the teenage versions of them are actually from the future).
    Yep, there's been theories about M&M being R&G kids for a little while. There's probably more Gambit in them than Rogue, but a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    I'll have to read those Rogue scenes again, kind of reminds me of the House of the Undying chapter in AsoIaF. All that foreshadowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    I want Rogue, Jubilee and Gambit to get their own spin-off from this; it'd be better for everyone involved. Doesn't even have to carry on from Excalibur; just have one of them saying "Yo! We're leaving!" in one panel and then jump right in to their own title!
    Where do I sign?