Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What ideas for "heroes fighting other heroes' villains" do you have?

Marvel is a pretty big on having heroes fighting villains outside their normal rogues that belong to somebody else. It happens so often, and it helps illustrate the idea that it's a shared world. What ideas do you have for such scenarios? It can be completely new, or it can be done before but here presented in a different way. Thought it might be interesting.

For me, I'd like a story where the X-Men fight the Masters of Evil led by Baron Zemo. The idea comes from the fact that the Avengers have fought the Brotherhood and Magneto, so this reversal makes sense as well. The way I see it is that Zemo might want their advanced Cerebro technology, or (depending on the status quo in this case) their Krakoan resources. He'd make a good villain to pose a mental and moral challenge to the X-Men, especially if he brainwashes several members to fight them or act as sleeper agents with a mind control device, all while he uses his followers and connections to even things out physically. Plus, his suit allows him to resist psychics himself, meaning the psychics there can't end things so easily, and that would make things interesting indeed.

What about you guys?

Mighty Member

The fact that Hydra isn't also a big X-men villain org is kinda baffling.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The Fantastic Four fighting Hulks's enemies the U-Foes. Long overdue.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

You know, I used to have a bunch of these, but now I've forgotten most.

Ever since Hickman's Secret Wars, I've wanted Mister Sinister to do a stint as a Captain Marvel villain.

I would've used Norman Osborn as a Captain America villain post-Siege.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

For some reason I've been wanting to see Black Panther take on some version of the Sinister Six.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    For some reason I've been wanting to see Black Panther take on some version of the Sinister Six.
    panther vs kraven is a meme

Ultimate Member

Mandarin has typically been an Iron Man foe, but pitting him against Black Panther could be interesting.

Diablo versus Dr. Strange (or some other magician, like Voodoo or Hellstrom) could be fun, as well, rather than pitting him against the more super-science-y Fantastic Four.

Mighty Member

This has been done already. Acts of Vengeance orchestrated by Loki in the late 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    This has been done already. Acts of Vengeance orchestrated by Loki in the late 80's.
    I don't mean a big event dedicated to it, I just mean individual stories where it happens.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    I don't mean a big event dedicated to it, I just mean individual stories where it happens.
    Yeah, this isn't Venture Brothers where the bad guys have to make appointments

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

I would love to see a big arc in Captain Marvel in which she fights a new iteration of Superia's Femizons.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Norman Osborn try and gentrify Hell’s Kitchen. The fight w. DD/Matt Murdock could go back and forth from the streets to the courtroom.

The High Evolutionary should be more than interested in what’s going on w. The X-Men right now.

Moon Knight as the Fist of khonshu has a slew of Egyptian villains his Patron Deity might have had issues with over the millennia, like Apocalypse, The Sphinx, The Living Monolith, Set, and MI himself could encounter more street level villains like Asp, Amun, Bond, Scimitar...
    Last edited by Riv86672; 03-17-2020 at 12:15 PM.

Morbius versus Dr. Jackal.

Bride of Nine Spiders versus Silk.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

It's been done a few times, but Spider-Man vs. Mister Sinister would be fun to see, too. As for a more thematic idea . . . Spider-Man vs. Moonstone, in the sense that they are almost utter opposites --- where Spider-Man has endlessly dedicated himself and his powers to protecting the people and world around him even at the cost of his personal success, advancement, and happiness, Moonstone is ultimately all about Moonstone and couldn't give less of a damn about other people, especially if they're not useful to her goals in some way. Not to mention, Peter Parker loves his Aunt May like a mother, while Karla Sofen killed her mother so she wouldn't find out about her being a supervillain, which is a pretty dark parallel to Peter believing that his Aunt May wouldn't be able to handle finding out that he was Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Purifiers & U-Men: Meet Punisher