Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Terrible episodes of great shows.

Just about every long-running or critically acclaimed show has at least one major stinker in its run. It's just inevitable when you have so many episodes, some of them are gonna be duds. Sometimes, these episodes can be just as well-known as the great episodes.

I'll start with Code of Honor from TNG. Everything, from the racist undertones thanks to the baffling decision to make the actors playing a primitive alien race who lust after strong women black to the terrible fight scene makes me wonder how anybody involved thought this episode was a good idea.

The boxing episodes of Battlestar Galactica. The first one was very bad but the second, which was 80% just repeated clips from the first, was even worse.

Was Code of Honor the episode where Tasha had to fight a woman because the leader of the aliens had a crush? I remember that being some of the worst stereotypes of African Americans I've ever seen.

The season 2 finale of TNG was terrible. Due to the writer's strike that year, it was a clip show, and not a very good one.

I know that Buffy had some horrible episodes, mostly in season's 1 and 6. But I vaguely remember one really bad episode in season 2, but it's been so long I can't really recall it.

Astonishing Member

"Beer Bad" - Buffy

That episode of the feuding werewolf and vampire mafia clans in Supernatural.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Was Code of Honor the episode where Tasha had to fight a woman because the leader of the aliens had a crush? I remember that being some of the worst stereotypes of African Americans I've ever seen.

The season 2 finale of TNG was terrible. Due to the writer's strike that year, it was a clip show, and not a very good one.

I know that Buffy had some horrible episodes, mostly in season's 1 and 6. But I vaguely remember one really bad episode in season 2, but it's been so long I can't really recall it.
    Yeah, code of honour literally has the black alien leader steal the white female head of security tasha yar.

BANNED

Code of Honor was a very bad Episode. But I Always try to imagine, how the plot would have worked with Romulans, Klingons or Cardassians visiting the planet to get the medicine

The final episode of HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER.
    It confirmed (for me) how big a jerk Ted was. Every time I’ve caught a random ep. since then, it’s all I can think about every time he’s on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    The final episode of HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER.
    It confirmed (for me) how big a jerk Ted was. Every time I’ve caught a random ep. since then, it’s all I can think about every time he’s on screen.
    The final season was a train wreck

most of season 7 of Buffy.

I think back in the day, almost every show had some sort of clip episode and those usually sucked.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

While I love the original Star Trek, most of the third season episodes were pure dreck.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

The Golden Girls - Fiddler On The Ropes - Sophia uses the ladies' investment money to buy the rights to a boxer. Terrible episode.

The whole final season of Game of Thrones might qualify. But the finale takes the cake. My god, that was terrible.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

DS9: Hard to find bad episodes. The one where they're stuck in that game came to mind.

Extraordinary Member

The whole season 1 of TNG would qualify. First seasons of most shows are usually rocky compared to later seasons, but my god did TNG not deserve a second season. The poster child for 'keep watching: it gets better.'