Page 170 of 613 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Storm was in Hellions today serving on the Council. spoilers:
    She came down on Scalphunter for victimizing the resurrected Morlocks
    end of spoilers

Jean and Storm were like we got this Scott. Now bye!
    ororo was really being bitchy to scott this issue. not sure how I feel about that. hes been very sympathetic to her in xmen so it seems a bit odd to see her written as such
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Hellions was a cluster****. The writer didn't have a great grasp on anyone's voice.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Im opposite. I thought it was the best #1 in DoX and loved his voice for most

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It's true. Only Claremont gives her the proper role in the team. No other X-Men author has managed to come close(not even Hickman or Morrison). I'm curious, though, when was the 100 issues without her at all? You had Claremont still writing into the 380's, before Lobdell took over for a hot second and then the big Morrison reset around 400, and then Claremont was back after X-Treme, circa 445.
    I have to go back and see but it felt like an eternity of issues where she wasnt there. Yes she was officially back in 444 but I dont recall the period where she was completely absent.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    This issue is exactly what I thought it would be. Although, I will admit that I thought there would be more to Bast and Zenzi than what was shown in the preview. Also, how in the hell are all of those people still alive on the Imperial Flagship after Storm's attack? Also, I don't get how what T'Challa and his ancestors did impacted the empires enslaved population. I mean, yes, I knew his goal was to restore their memories, thereby reducing the empire's reach and numbers. But why would aliens be affected by anything from Wakanda Prime?
    I'm not sure those are the same people storm attacked as after she stopped the first wave Njadaka called for reinforcements. In the galatic wakanda time line 2000 years had passed so the influences of wakanda would be, I imagine, deeply engrained in the minds of those alien worlds conquered. it would be akin to the african american experience in america. though those peoples come from various countries within africa a majority of them have no connection to them and have fully assimilated to the culture/belief of their oppressors (European/US gov). This is why that conversation ororo had with tchalla about slavery was so moving to me.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I think Sinister in this book has jumped the shark. I'm not really into Gillan's Sinister in the first place, but at least remember he's a deranged Victorian scientist at heart. His voice here was too modern/dumb. The QC and Storm in particular were displayed as imbeciles, and the whole set up of this team is preposterous. The fact that none of the telepaths could see into Alex's mind to see what's going on before sending him off on Sinister's errands was the height of PIS. On a surface level, the issue was well constructed enough, but with consideration, it didn't work for me at all. All a matter of taste in the end. To each their own.

I think Sinister in this book has jumped the shark. I'm not really into Gillan's Sinister in the first place, but at least remember he's a deranged Victorian scientist at heart. His voice here was too modern/dumb. The QC and Storm in particular were displayed as imbeciles, and the whole set up of this team is preposterous. The fact that none of the telepaths could see into Alex's mind to see what's going on before sending him off on Sinister's errands was the height of PIS. On a surface level, the issue was well constructed enough, but with consideration, it didn't work for me at all. All a matter of taste in the end. To each their own.
    It felt like Hickman's Sinister, the same one from Powers of X

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I have to go back and see but it felt like an eternity of issues where she wasnt there. Yes she was officially back in 444 but I dont recall the period where she was completely absent.
    I know there would have been at least 40-50 issues without her(as she was on the X-Treme book, and had already left a few issues before that during Lobdell's Eve of Destruction), but I can't think of an entire 100 issues of Uncanny that she wasn't in at least briefly(such as the later Uncanny issues, with the Utopia/SF era, she would still cameo from time to time despite being in Wakanda more often than not).

It felt like Hickman's Sinister, the same one from Powers of X
    Hickman does a better impression of Gillan's Sinister than Wells does, I'll say that much.

BANNED

I just saw storm doing her job, jean wasnt cuddly either they cant be biased

BANNED

Storm was in Hellions today serving on the Council. spoilers:
    She came down on Scalphunter for victimizing the resurrected Morlocks
    end of spoilers

Jean and Storm were like we got this Scott. Now bye!
    That and among other things was REALLY funny. But for the most part Jean/Storm dogging out Scott was Hilarious...

I know there would have been at least 40-50 issues without her(as she was on the X-Treme book, and had already left a few issues before that during Lobdell's Eve of Destruction), but I can't think of an entire 100 issues of Uncanny that she wasn't in at least briefly(such as the later Uncanny issues, with the Utopia/SF era, she would still cameo from time to time despite being in Wakanda more often than not).
    yea if I get the time I may try to go back and verify the exact number. it started around the time bishop became one of the main cast members and then when he left the team became mostly if not all white.

BANNED

Im opposite. I thought it was the best #1 in DoX and loved his voice for most
    Yeah, I would put this up there with X-Force and Marauders.

Hellions was a cluster****. The writer didn't have a great grasp on anyone's voice.
    WHAT??? Hellions was really good.

I will say only a few of the characters voice was not grasped correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    you didnt think ororo seemed a bit too b*tchy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    exactly. I know Scott's pulled rank on them like this before and will no doubt do it again. its nice to see storm being respected as a leader while Scott's around, hasn't happened much in recent years

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    exactly. I know Scott's pulled rank on them like this before and will no doubt do it again. its nice to see storm being respected as a leader while Scott's around, hasn't happened much in recent years
    I didnt mind ororo showcasing her leadership but considering the context (Scott's brother) it seemed she was a bit harsh. I would imagine she would be more sympathetic.