Page 30 of 81 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    You're right, I was off base and I apologize. But I'm mad because I'm seeing these arguments elsewhere too and a lot people who are making them are Men who are also pissed that Jess isn't in her boobsock outfit anymore and also really support CG. So. Just know where I'm coming from here.
    I'm sure some people like the red outfit because it does show off her chest, but geez -- this is comics, not real life! i think many people just prefer the design -- it's iconic and original -- and looks great on the page.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Finally got a hold of a copy! Diamond has been doing a stellar job of skipping a lot of books for my LCS in the last year.
    As far as Jess' language...having been a member if Hydra, SHIELD, a private investigator...it doesnt come as a surprise that she would be a little saltier than the average person.
    I still dont like the new costume, but like that it's a secondary piece depending on what shes doing.
    Overall I really enjoyed the issue and can't wait for more!

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I'm sure some people like the red outfit because it does show off her chest, but geez -- this is comics, not real life! i think many people just prefer the design -- it's iconic and original -- and looks great on the page.
    The old "red and yellow" is just perfect.
    finch.jpg

Even the new outfit can be rendered in a sexy way, so this is not the real problem imo.
    SW.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    The old "red and yellow" is just perfect.
    finch.jpg

Even the new outfit can be rendered in a sexy way, so this is not the real problem imo.
    SW.jpg
    The reality of the whole thing is what are you looking at it for. Like you said the new costume is no different than the old except colors. People are going to make of it what they will. I never once considered the classic costume for all of its sexiness or even saw it that way until others started pointing out how wrong it was. Spider-mans costume is exactly the same thing but you dont see people complaining about his package.
    It is what you make of it, the original was designed by Marie Severin, it is stylish, simple and classic.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    The reality of the whole thing is what are you looking at it for. Like you said the new costume is no different than the old except colors. People are going to make of it what they will. I never once considered the classic costume for all of its sexiness or even saw it that way until others started pointing out how wrong it was. Spider-mans costume is exactly the same thing but you dont see people complaining about his package.
    It is what you make of it, the original was designed by Marie Severin, it is stylish, simple and classic.
    Well said.

BTW, has it ever been confirmed if Bendis' "Spider-Woman: Origin" mini series over-wrote the original Marvel Wolfman / Carmine Infantino origin story?
    It is not simply a retcon, it's a full-on reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    Well said.

BTW, has it ever been confirmed if Bendis' "Spider-Woman: Origin" mini series over-wrote the original Marvel Wolfman / Carmine Infantino origin story?
    It is not simply a retcon, it's a full-on reboot.
    Karla Pacheco has gone on record to say that rereading Spider-Woman: Origin before going into her series wouldn't be a bad idea, so it sounds like she's building on that origin.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

If Pere ever leaves, I hope they get Molina to do the book. His covers are <3<3<3
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Fantastic Member

Karla Pacheco has gone on record to say that rereading Spider-Woman: Origin before going into her series wouldn't be a bad idea, so it sounds like she's building on that origin.
    If that's the case, I hope she can nip & tuck retcon a little so the canon origin of 30 years fits better with BMB's 'new take'.

I think she's definitely going to be expanding on it considering she has Jess dealing with Otto Vermis daughter next issue. And Jess is going back to Wundagore in issue #4
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    If Pere ever leaves, I hope they get Molina to do the book. His covers are <3<3<3
    I'm not sure if I'm liking Pere's Jess.

Molina is a good choice but I really want to see Siqueira drawing more pages.

SIQUEIRA 1.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Karla did a quick Q and A with Marvel

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/12...268131334?s=19

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I'm not sure if I'm liking Pere's Jess.

Molina is a good choice but I really want to see Siqueira drawing more pages.

SIQUEIRA 1.jpg
    That was from Spider-Force #1 by Christopher Priest during Spider-Geddon, right?

Karla did a quick Q and A with Marvel

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/12...268131334?s=19
    Thanks for sharing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That was from Spider-Force #1 by Christopher Priest during Spider-Geddon, right?
    Yep.

Stunning artwork.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yep.

Stunning artwork.
    Sure was and is. For what it's worth, though, I did like Joelle Jones when she was on the Spider-Women crossover with Spider-Gwen (now Ghost-Spider) and Silk.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I would love for Joelle Jones to draw Spider-Woman again.