Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hatut Zeraze View Post
    1. The Best
    - In my opinion, it is the Marvel family. The Captain, Mary, and Jr., along with the wizard and Tawky-Tawny trumps even other great ones.

2. Who could use one?
    - Green Lantern. Since the Johns era of Green Lantern, his adventures have almost exclusively been about the various lantern corps and fights between them or threats to them. The Green Lantern characters have had decades of adventures prior to that in which they dealt with quite a few Earth-based super-threats, many of which had zero to do with the origins of the Corps, secrets of the Guardians, or wars between rainbow colors in space. I'd like to see more of that. I'd be interested in seeing Green Lantern develop a Green Lantern family that isn't composed of other members of the GL Corps. Some interesting, bizarre characters from Earth and other planets in sector 2814 could revisit an angle to the character that has been neglected for quite some time.

3. Interesting note
    I've been mulling over the notion that Aquaman may have had more sidekicks than anyone, even the Batman. It all depends on who you consider a supporting character and who you consider a sidekick, and upon how long one has to be around to be considered one.
    I wouldn't consider Mera to be a sidekick, or even the original Quisp, but I'd argue that two of Aquaman's aquatic animal friends, Topo and Tusky, were around long enough to be legitimately considered sidekicks. Garth Aqualad is another obvious one. While I wouldn't consider the original Aquagirl (Tula) to be a sidekick of Aquaman, I would consider the later Aquagirl (Lorena Marquez) to be one. In addition to those, Koryak and Lagoon Boy functioned as sidekicks. If you count other Aquaman characters, the bipedal Topo character was another. Jackson Hyde Aqualad was set up to be a newer sidekick pre-52, but he hasn't appeared since. His animated version from Young Justice had more of an impact than the comic one ever did. I know sidekicks are just a part of a characters family, but that corner of Aquaman's is overflowing.
    The Aqua-Family is one of the biggest families in the DC Universe there just not as well bonded with everyone like the Bat/Super/Flash/Lantern groups and some existing when others were gone. I thought it would of been cool for Garth to train Kaldur even though Mera makes more sense or Tula to train Lorena in using Atlantean weaponry and in combat.

Superman: Lois? Powergirl, Supergirl, Steel, Superboy, Steel II, Eradicator, Lor-Zod for some off head ones.

Batman: Nightwing, Catwoman, Commisioner Gordon, Barbara, Red Hood, Red Robin, Spoiler, Black Bat, Damian Wayne, Huntress, Question?, Ace the Bathound more notable ones

Wonder Woman: Steve Trevor?, Donna Troy, Hippolyta, Cassie, and I guess the Olympians are considerable even though they dont operate with her?

Green Lantern: Hal, John, Kyle, Guy, Kilowog, Gauntlet?, Carol?, Sinestro?

Flash: Barry, Jay, Wally, Max, Bart, Walter, Jesse, Irey,

Aquaman: Mera, Garth,Vulko, Tula, Lagoon Boy, Dolphin, Lorena, Kaldur, Topo, Orm?, Salty?, Arthur Jr.? Then we have Koryak and Atlan who were apart in a continuity and Atlanna in this new world possibly?

Green Arrow: Roy, Mia, Connor Hawke, Robert Queen

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hatut Zeraze View Post

3. Interesting note
    I've been mulling over the notion that Aquaman may have had more sidekicks than anyone, even the Batman. It all depends on who you consider a supporting character and who you consider a sidekick, and upon how long one has to be around to be considered one.
    I wouldn't consider Mera to be a sidekick, or even the original Quisp, but I'd argue that two of Aquaman's aquatic animal friends, Topo and Tusky, were around long enough to be legitimately considered sidekicks. Garth Aqualad is another obvious one. While I wouldn't consider the original Aquagirl (Tula) to be a sidekick of Aquaman, I would consider the later Aquagirl (Lorena Marquez) to be one. In addition to those, Koryak and Lagoon Boy functioned as sidekicks. If you count other Aquaman characters, the bipedal Topo character was another. Jackson Hyde Aqualad was set up to be a newer sidekick pre-52, but he hasn't appeared since. His animated version from Young Justice had more of an impact than the comic one ever did. I know sidekicks are just a part of a characters family, but that corner of Aquaman's is overflowing.
    Batman still beats him though:

Dick
    Jason
    Tim
    Damian
    Barbara
    Stephanie
    Cassandra
    Harper
    Duke
    Luke
    Julia
    Bat-Mite
    Kate
    Bette
    Rene
    Helena W.
    Helena B.
    Jean-Paul
    Ace the Bat-Hound
    Titus
    Terry

Then you have all the guys and gals in Batman Inc. as well as all of Batman's non-hero buddies like Gordon, Harvey, Maggie, etc.

Best - Bat and Super families.

Underrated - Wonder Family and Arrow Family.

Who could use one - no idea

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Who lacks a strong family/team that could really benefit from one?
    The Atoms!

I wish they would turn the Atoms into a family team book.

The first arc being Ray and Ryan teaming up, to find the "good" Rhonda Pineda. Who they believe by all logic should exist in their earth/universe.
    The thing is finding out why she is missing, and where she is.

Maybe unable to control her power, she is trapped in a tiny gravity mass singularity/black hole, or whatever the physics for it would be.

Have Ray and Ryan then go on a Fantastic Voyage type of adventure through the microverse to find her, and bring her into the fold.

Ending in the formation of the Team!

Maybe to distinguish, give them more unique powers based on the same theme.

Ray can shrink
    Ryan can grow
    Rhonda can subdivide her mass into multiple copies, but the more she multiplies, the smaller they must be so as to maintain the same mass.
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-25-2016 at 06:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Is Black Canary even part of the Green Arrow family? and more importantly has this association even benefited her in the slightest? most of the elements that make up her character seem to come from JSA and Batman's world. Arrow is futher proof of how toxic that relationship is for her character.
    I would say she is. She's constantly paired with him in GA comics, JLA comics, Alex Ross's "Justice", and they had their own series together. She has relationships with Roy and the rest.

Arrow's depiction was terrible because they made her an emotionally weak character who depended on Ollie for everything.

BANNED

Batman, of course. Then Superman or Shazam. Then Flash pre-New 52. Not many more worth talking about, after that. Maybe the Arrow universe? Pretty big drop-off.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

In anticipation of Rebirth, bump!

Given the rumors about Rebirth, it would be interesting to see the return of some of the old families, particularly Flash and Captain Marvel. They can even be confined to their own books, with access from writers of team books (Titans, Teen Titans, JSA, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Given the rumors about Rebirth, it would be interesting to see the return of some of the old families, particularly Flash and Captain Marvel. They can even be confined to their own books, with access from writers of team books (Titans, Teen Titans, JSA, etc).
    I think, if DC has really looked at what didn't work with the New 52 relaunch and are bringing back some of the core iconic elements of the DCU, bringing back/restoring some of the families might be a big part of that .