Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    The swirly magic energy in Otherworld was right centered on her stomach... if it’s ‘pregnant’ with apocalypse, then that’s Carol and Marcus levels of f@&!ed up and needs to not happen.

I don’t really get this, it’s on the surface a fun enough magic type story, but the mutant magic is literally just Otherworld magic channeled through Krakoa, so it’s just swiped. The magic crystals could only be used once (for something Rictor could hav done himself) and now they’re useless? Gambit was at tribute about everything he was complaining about, apocalypse was up to something and was trying to hurt rogue (when gambit goes after him, he says, you’re trying to get to hell before your wife, sounding like he thought rogue would end up dying.) But betsy and Rictor keep acting like he’s an idiot. At least, jubilee and rogue ended up standing up for him, but it was barely shown.
    Betsy wants to free her brother and Rictor wants more "talks" with Apocalypse so it makes sense. Gambit going at him alone is foolish tho. I rly dont understand why Rachel isn't here...

Tbh i would change a lot about this story. Have the story be about mutant magic instead of dancing around it. Ditch Gambit and have rachel and Meggan replace him. Maybe Crawler as well since he is not doing anything. Apocalypse can still be the shaddy guy in the background toying with everyone, but lets not make everyone else look dumb so Apocalypse looks better. Imo i wouldn't give Betsy Cap Brit mantle, but if it was an editorial mandate then I woukd have her be more useful than her current role in the book.

Apocalypse starting a war with otherworld for his own end and using mutants as pawns to acheieve his goals, all the while using and expanding this mutant magic stuff is a decent premise for the book. Excecution needs 2 be better tho.

EDIT**
    A possible line up

Pixie
    Apocalypse
    Betsy
    Rachel
    Rictor
    Rogue
    Crawler
    Meggan
    In the 2nd arc of the book have Selene show up. Maybe foreshadow her in the 1st arc..
    Last edited by FIGHT; 01-08-2020 at 03:15 PM.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Betsy wants to free her brother and Rictor wants more "talks" with Apocalypse so it makes sense. Gambit going at him alone is foolish tho. I rly dont understand why Rachel isn't here...

Tbh i would change a lot about this story. Have the story be about mutant magic instead of dancing around it. Ditch Gambit and have rachel and Meggan replace him. Maybe Crawler as well since he is not doing anything. Apocalypse can still be the shaddy guy in the background toying with everyone, but lets not make everyone else look dumb so Apocalypse looks better. Imo i wouldn't give Betsy Cap Brit mantle, but if it was an editorial mandate then I woukd have her be more useful than her current role in the book.

Apocalypse starting a war with otherworld for his own end and using mutants as pawns to acheieve his goals, all the while using and expanding this mutant magic stuff is a decent premise for the book. Excecution needs 2 be better tho.
    Foolish, perhaps, but it isn't uncharacteristic of Remy. Don't forget, he's always had his own way of working plus ways to ensure he gets the full picture, especially when it concerns the people he cares about.

I agree with ya about dragging everyone else down to build Apocalypse up though; in fact, I don't believe Apocalypse has even earned the level of reverie Rictor's giving him after one talk, nor does Betsy have any business being as lenient with him as she is.

I dropped this after the first couple issues when it felt like a confusing mess leading up to Apocalypse stealing magic from the otherworld. So is that basically confirmed? Mutant magic is just magic stolen from the Otherworld by channeling it through a gate? Your spoiler post was funny but not informative. Is Apocalypse responsible for this entire mess, including Brian?

The giant monsters just makes me miss Monsters Unleashed. The last fun Marvel comics event.

A few weeks ago someone said the writer wanted to do an Apocalypse series but got given Excalibur instead. That makes total sense. Apocalypse is running circles around everyone. Gambit might be annoying but he's 100% right.

Funny that they split Psylock into 2 characters to fix the giant host of unfortunate implications she was, and in the process made 2 worse characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I dropped this after the first couple issues when it felt like a confusing mess leading up to Apocalypse stealing magic from the otherworld. So is that basically confirmed? Mutant magic is just magic stolen from the Otherworld by channeling it through a gate? Your spoiler post was funny but not informative. Is Apocalypse responsible for this entire mess, including Brian?

The giant monsters just makes me miss Monsters Unleashed. The last fun Marvel comics event.

A few weeks ago someone said the writer wanted to do an Apocalypse series but got given Excalibur instead. That makes total sense. Apocalypse is running circles around everyone. Gambit might be annoying but he's 100% right.

Funny that they split Psylock into 2 characters to fix the giant host of unfortunate implications she was, and in the process made 2 worse characters.
    It's still a bit confusing to be honest?

On the one hand, yes, he is definitely siphoning magic out of other-world, but the data page seems to imply that mutant magic might be its' own thing...? Unless he is stealing it to 'evolve' it in his own way, which, yeah: Coloniser, the personification right there.

BANNED

Its too bad Gambit is such a chore to read about but I'll allow it since for the past two years before that Rogue was written terribly for the sole purpose of propping him up. Speaking of, her jacket is bombastic and I love the new face. Reminds me of this bad bword.

First issue thats made me want to go back and reopen the previous ones. The Rachel reveal was brilliant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Its too bad Gambit is such a chore to read about
    Oh hey! That's how I feel about Apocalypse!

Its too bad Gambit is such a chore to read about but I'll allow it since for the past two years before that Rogue was written terribly for the sole purpose of propping him up. Speaking of, her jacket is bombastic and I love the new face. Reminds me of this bad bword.

First issue thats made me want to go back and reopen the previous ones. The Rachel reveal was brilliant.
    Tea. This series is making me realize how much Telly Kompson used Rogue as a self-insert to smooch the himbo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Tea. This series is making me realize how much Telly Kompson used Rogue as a self-insert to smooch the himbo.
    It really was and that would have been fine if Miss Ting was good at writing fanfic like Idc if u need to get ur GambitxReader out of ur system do it but do it right, make it sexy. But it was so basic!!! I remember at least three issues starting with either or both pf them hanging from the ceiling of some (sex??) dungeon, bound and gagged. This isnt the 80s anymore and even if it were thatd be pretty unexciting.

I also got a Moira vibe from Rogue's look on the last page.

And •-[A]-• was right...

•-[R]-• is perfect.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

That jacket on god adhdhsjfkssk. I like girls now.

Where was this Rogue during The Twelve & Blood of Apocalypse?

That’s it, i’m done. This book is basically a slightly less aggravating Astonishing X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    Ha! Yeah towards the end of their "fight" I was like... "Did •—[A]—• just get off?"
    guess you could say rogue.......sucked him to oblivion....ew. Sorry y’all had to see me post that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    "Complete the ritual. Yesss."

Of the Quiet Council, so far Charles and •-[A]-• have died. Who is next?
    Guess we know what’s happening in Giant Size: Magneto.

This issue was nice to look at, but difficult to follow. I think I need to go back and re-read the previous issues because I felt really lost during most of this. I did like Rogue's new costume, I did not like her Apocalypse face though, I hope that is a temporary change. So far I've enjoyed this series but today's issue was a bit of a speed bump.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I felt reading this issue like i did reading the first one. IT was just too many things thrown at the wall and not enough structure.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/