Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Lol you’re not wrong. People will put up with a lot of crap and dragged out teases in the hope it addresses or undoes OMD.

People say it’ll never be undone, but people also thought Ben Reilly would never come back either. So anything is possible. We’ll see.
    I am certainly one of those who wants OMD erased, but I am getting the impression that it is going nowhere. If that is the case, I am jumping off after the Peter/MJ Valentines Day issue. To be honest, there are other things that I can use to entertain me ( especially Islanders hockey and Yankee Baseball), and their is no need to get my hopes up, and have them dashed once again. I really want to be pleasantly surprised and be proven wrong. I will know next week.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyDemonic View Post
    I agree �� . Honestly, if this is part of Harry’s motivation, then he’s definitely going after the wrong spider people. It just brings up the question of where Ben and Kaine are right now.Harry should certainly know about them. I understand Otto not being there, but Peter’s actual “spider-brothers “is a glaring omission.
    I feel like Spencer is saving Ben and Kaine up for a Clone Saga story later on, if he's going to touch on everything Spidey at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    With Mary Jane heading for Kindred's lair I really want to see how she reacts to Earth-65 Gwen since she's unmasked.
    It would be kind of hilarious if this is when MJ finally meets Earth-65 Gwen. Maybe Peter should've told her about the AU doppelganger of her best friend...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I just see the whole Spider-Family as Harry misinterpreting events and blaming Peter for them which has basically true to his character. He always puts the blame on Peter for things outside of Peter's control. This includes the Spider family. However that is not what he wants Peter to confess, and I still believe with MJ coming in next this should setup a perfect segue for dropping OMD on Peter given it's about "Peter not being able to have a family" which is basically caused by his deal with Mephisto.
    Does he really have any reason to blame Peter for them? It's not like the Spider-Family have done anything to him personally or done anything Peter really cares about. I guess he could be just trying to bolster Peter's guilt complex but it would be kind of funny if he's either misconstruing things because he's lying through his teeth or because he genuinely has no idea what he's talking about.

Thinking on it, they really could've just scaled this down to Miles, Gwen, and Julia. Miles as the actual Peter legacy, Gwen because everyone keeps remembering OG!Gwen (which probably makes her want to leave 616 as soon as possible), and Julia to be Madame Web. They're the only ones who've had any relevant opinions in this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Aside from Miles I don't really see anyone there who is connected to Peter. Had it been Kaine and Ben then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Spencer is saving Ben and Kaine up for a Clone Saga story later on, if he's going to touch on everything Spidey at some point.

It would be kind of hilarious if this is when MJ finally meets Earth-65 Gwen. Maybe Peter should've told her about the AU doppelganger of her best friend...

Does he really have any reason to blame Peter for them? It's not like the Spider-Family have done anything to him personally or done anything Peter really cares about. I guess he could be just trying to bolster Peter's guilt complex but it would be kind of funny if he's either misconstruing things because he's lying through his teeth or because he genuinely has no idea what he's talking about.

Thinking on it, they really could've just scaled this down to Miles, Gwen, and Julia. Miles as the actual Peter legacy, Gwen because everyone keeps remembering OG!Gwen (which probably makes her want to leave 616 as soon as possible), and Julia to be Madame Web. They're the only ones who've had any relevant opinions in this arc.
    Harry always had a thing for miscronstructing facts or just generally having a negative bias toward Peter, usually when he remembers than Peter is Spider-Man.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Harry always had a thing for miscronstructing facts or just generally having a negative bias toward Peter, usually when he remembers than Peter is Spider-Man.
    I don't know if that makes this sad or hilarious .

Kind of does emphasize the other Spiders really didn't have any real need to be in this story.

Well they are all tied to Peter through the Web of Life with the Spider Totem aspect, so in that way they are a "family" ... however, that is not Peter's fault or within his control. So again, it's Harry putting the blame on Peter for something that is not his fault.

The end of the preview makes me think it's leading to MJ's part as Harry is going to the dinner and we saw in Sin Eater's vision that's when Harry sits with Peter and MJ. I do hope we get an answer on the CONFESSION that Harry wants. I know this is tied to OMD because of issue 51 references to it and the stuff in Peter's astral plane being explicitly tied to OMD. Remember "The answer is yes" MJ? I just don't want to wait another 50 issues to see it addressed though, so hopefully we have it dropped here.

BANNED

Well they are all tied to Peter through the Web of Life with the Spider Totem aspect, so in that way they are a "family" ... however, that is not Peter's fault or within his control. So again, it's Harry putting the blame on Peter for something that is not his fault.

The end of the preview makes me think it's leading to MJ's part as Harry is going to the dinner and we saw in Sin Eater's vision that's when Harry sits with Peter and MJ. I do hope we get an answer on the CONFESSION that Harry wants. I know this is tied to OMD because of issue 51 references to it and the stuff in Peter's astral plane being explicitly tied to OMD. Remember "The answer is yes" MJ? I just don't want to wait another 50 issues to see it addressed though, so hopefully we have it dropped here.
    Next week is the moment of truth for Nick Spencer's run, that's for sure.

To be honest, I am kinda dreading the issue next week because I've been more positive and far less down on his run than others here have but it's all banking on an expectation that this will lead to a payoff that will be worth it. Depending on how Spencer plays it, it could work out or it could be the equivalent of the "Bat/Cat wedding" in terms of how it singlehandedly killed good will for Tom King's run, and Tom King as a whole.

I have my own doubts about where his run will go next week onwards and into Feb and March based on the solicitations.

That said nothing will lower my estimation of the run we had which has mostly been pretty good, with some great stories (HUNTED including the HU), all the Peter/MJ stuff, the Boomerang Game Night 2-Parter (which is an all-time double-parter for me), and of course in terms of a single issue, ASM#850 with the Spider-Man/Goblin team-up is one of the best, tense action issues and character issues in Pandemic Year 2020.

(In the same way, that I think Tom King's War of Jokes and Riddles is one of the better Batman stories since Morrison stepped down even if the rest of his run and the Moore-backstabbing he's done has lowered my estimation of him).

In the words of Lord Byron: "Even though unforgiving, never / ⁠'Gainst thee shall my heart rebel".

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Next week is the moment of truth for Nick Spencer's run, that's for sure.

To be honest, I am kinda dreading the issue next week because I've been more positive and far less down on his run than others here have but it's all banking on an expectation that this will lead to a payoff that will be worth it. Depending on how Spencer plays it, it could work out or it could be the equivalent of the "Bat/Cat wedding" in terms of how it singlehandedly killed good will for Tom King's run, and Tom King as a whole.

I have my own doubts about where his run will go next week onwards and into Feb and March based on the solicitations.

That said nothing will lower my estimation of the run we had which has mostly been pretty good, with some great stories (HUNTED including the HU), all the Peter/MJ stuff, the Boomerang Game Night 2-Parter (which is an all-time double-parter for me), and of course in terms of a single issue, ASM#850 with the Spider-Man/Goblin team-up is one of the best, tense action issues and character issues in Pandemic Year 2020.

(In the same way, that I think Tom King's War of Jokes and Riddles is one of the better Batman stories since Morrison stepped down even if the rest of his run and the Moore-backstabbing he's done has lowered my estimation of him).

In the words of Lord Byron: "Even though unforgiving, never / ⁠'Gainst thee shall my heart rebel".
    Yeah even if we don't get to OMD in this issue I still think his run is going there and what has been shown in this arc should be absolute proof of that... there is no way around it at this point. My fear is if he doesn't get at least a solid reference to it in the next issue people who were banking everything on that will drop it and miss out on what is to come.

For me, I have enjoyed Spencers run and this arc and will continue to enjoy going forward. He gets Spider-Man and his heart is in the right place with Peter and MJ. It's his job as a writer not to make it easy for them so we just have to endure as always as readers the challenges to come.

As for OMD:
    - Doctor Strange is investigating Peter's arrangement in regards to his YOU KNOW WHAT
    - Peter's Astral Plane is fudged up with demons from OMD including the Assassin who shot Aunt May, Kingpin who hired the assassin, Aunt May, and Mary Jane, who keeps repeating her line from OMD... THE ANSWER IS YES
    - We explicitly see Peter's hell dreams are from OMD where he just wants to get to MJ
    - We see Peter wants to propose to MJ in this run but things keep getting in the way
    - From issue one Peter looks at MJ's ring finger when he says it feels like something is missing
    - Spencer including panels referencing the marriage
    - OMD destroyed Peter's life having a family - his wife and his unborn daughter, and we see Kindred is blaming Peter that he is trying to make up for that by having a family as Spider-Man instead
    Last edited by Vortex85; 12-24-2020 at 09:39 PM.

BANNED

Yeah even if we don't get to OMD in this issue I still think his run is going there and what has been shown in this arc should be absolute proof of that... there is no way around it at this point. My fear is if he doesn't get at least a solid reference to it in the next issue people who were banking everything on that will drop it and miss out on what is to come.

For me, I have enjoyed Spencers run and this arc and will continue to enjoy going forward. He gets Spider-Man and his heart is in the right place with Peter and MJ. It's his job as a writer not to make it easy for them so we just have to endure as always as readers the challenges to come.
    Obviously Kindred is the villain of his whole run and he's not gonna get a final boss at the end of this, but this should be the halfway point at least and there should be a major change here of some kind. Not THE major change maybe, or not a big character death (hopefully) but at least some breaking of the dam, some big thing which will mark his run in the publication history.

Does Harry even have any idea about that? It just feels out-of-place in the run as is, especially with how little these characters have actually contributed to the story. Using them for more guilt-tripping just doesn't hold up all that well.
    OMD or otherwise, just feels like this story could've been very easily condensed and trimmed down, especially for how personal it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I thought the War of Jokes and Riddlers was really over-hyped, so I hope Spencer sticks the landing better here.

Does Harry even have any idea about that? It just feels out-of-place in the run as is, especially with how little these characters have actually contributed to the story. Using them for more guilt-tripping just doesn't hold up all that well.
    Well, I'm assuming this Harry knows a little about this characters but not everything. As he said, to him they just started popping up everywhere and Peter seems to be using them to have a family since he couldn't have one as Peter. (Harry's crazy theory). Maybe he saw some things with the Spider-Verse stories somehow through his mirrors or portals if he used them to ever watch events outside of hell or wherever he has been all these years. He IS wrong about Peter using them for a family.... so the level of his knowledge about who they really are, how tied to Peter they are, is ambiguous. If Harry knew all the facts then he probably wouldn't be using them to make his point (which we still haven't seen YET), so it's clear he only has partial information he is basing his claim on.

OMD or otherwise, just feels like this story could've been very easily condensed and trimmed down, especially for how personal it is.
    Yeah probably but it sounds like they wanted to go big with it. I don't mind the scope of it and I never had a problem with including all the other characters. I enjoyed the story but the fact that its bigger just means we needed to wait some extra time to get to the end to see how it all plays out. This is clearly frustrating a lot of people who were already tired of waiting for answers and had to endure up to the very end to see if there even are any in this arc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    yeah i mean the only thing that hasnt happen is Uncle Ben coming back to life even though that was a lie cause of the alternate realities. Plus Status Quo remains supreme anyway
    Well, the 616 (not MC2) kidnapped Baby May storyline was never satisfactorily resolved either. But I digress.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Well, since the comic comes out on my birthday, I hope the story ends with some satisfying conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    Well, since the comic comes out on my birthday, I hope the story ends with some satisfying conclusion.
    Holy crap, XTRA STAKES.

Hope you have a happy birthday... for everyone's sake!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I really want the other spider heroes to disappear after this. Crappy remnants of the Slott era. And my favorites (Ben Reilly, Kaine and Miguel) aren’t even in this. Miles is okay too, I guess. But the others are just annoying. And even Miles has his own book, so I don’t want to see him in this. The others can get killed off for all I care. I know they have their fans, but Peter should be a loner and doesn’t need half a dozen young, female versions of himself.
    I agree. Jessica never had any ties to Peter as her mythology is entirely separate. Same deal with Anya. I don't want to hate on these characters because they have their fans. But they should not be here unless they are being used to make a point. I read Amazing for Peter. Not some rip-off of what Batman has going on over at DC.