Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    What's Grayson and Joker like? I've read nearly all the classics. Thanks.
    Both are excellent. I'd easily put them in essential reading category.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    What's Grayson and Joker like? I've read nearly all the classics. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Both are excellent. I'd easily put them in essential reading category.
    Thank you. Is Grayson in paperback? I tend to get them in paperback format unless a book is worth getting in hardback. Take it status quo change has worked out for Grayson?

I love the court of owls and am wondering if city/night of owls is worth it? Does it conclude the arc on the court? Or is it a separate arc that involves the owls as the baddie?

Quote Originally Posted by Noob_Nathan View Post
    I love the court of owls and am wondering if city/night of owls is worth it? Does it conclude the arc on the court? Or is it a separate arc that involves the owls as the baddie?
    City of Owls ends what is essentially one arc. Night of Owls are optional tie-ins that basically all follow the same done-in-one formula. The key villain of Owls then also emerged at the end of Batman Eternal.

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    City of Owls ends what is essentially one arc. Night of Owls are optional tie-ins that basically all follow the same done-in-one formula. The key villain of Owls then also emerged at the end of Batman Eternal.

O.K great thanks! Might just grab city of owls then.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

On ALL STAR BATMAN... I bought the trade (issues 1-9) plus #10 as a floppy. Was it planned to run for 12 issues like All Star Supes?
    If that's the case can I read the scripts for #11 and #12 somewhere?

Was ALL STAR WONDER WOMAN re-branded as EARTH ONE? Thanks for anybody who can help.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    On ALL STAR BATMAN... I bought the trade (issues 1-9) plus #10 as a floppy. Was it planned to run for 12 issues like All Star Supes?
    If that's the case can I read the scripts for #11 and #12 somewhere?
    They'll get to the final issues eventually, but there are, to memory, five or six more planned from where the series stopped.

It was initially a six or seven issue story that Miller and Lee decided to keep expanding and make more free form once they got seriously started on it. The Black Canary issue, for example, wasn't in the initial plan. They probably didn't spend as long with Dick on his first night with Batman, in that original plan, either.

Further issues are in various states of written/plotted, but none of that's been leaked.

What became Odyssey was going to be the follow-up All-Star story, with Miller dialoguing. Instead, that got blown up to 24 issues written and drawn entirely by Neal Adams. For which, I shall be eternally grateful
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Thank you t hedge coke. I have 1 or 2 issues of Odyssey and will give it another try seeing it as ASB sequel.

Hi
    I am new to the CBR community as an actual contributor towards discussions, though I have used this site for years to browse various threads and topics. I apologize ahead of time if I am posting wrong or going against an established rule on this particular thread. Please go easy on me I am a newbie ha ha.

I just recently beat the Arkham Knight game and decided to finally give batman comics a shot, needless to say I have become hooked! Literally since the new year, I have been blowing through every batman trade someone suggests and so far I have read: Year one, The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Hush, Arkham Asylum, The Dark Knight Returns, Scott Snyder's run on Batman up to Endgame and just recently I have started the last trade of Morrison's run on Batman (Batman Incorporated: Gotham's Most Wanted). My question to any Batman fan that browses these forums is where do I go next? I hear very mixed things on the various other Batman new 52 titles being published i.e. that "Detective Comics is very hit and miss", "Batman: The Dark Knight" is something you should skip ect...so are there anymore established runs to collect such as the Morrison one? Any more fan favorite trades worth buying off the top of anyones head?
    Last edited by Snidlefighter; 02-08-2016 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snidlefighter View Post
    Hi
    I am new to the CBR community as an actual contributor towards discussions, though I have used this site for years to browse various threads and topics. I apologize ahead of time if I am posting wrong or going against an established rule on this particular thread. Please go easy on me I am a newbie ha ha.

I just recently beat the Arkham Knight game and decided to finally give batman comics a shot, needless to say I have become hooked! Literally since the new year, I have been blowing through every batman trade someone suggests and so far I have read: Year one, The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Hush, Arkham Asylum, The Dark Knight Returns, Scott Snyder's run on Batman up to Endgame and just recently I have started the last trade of Morrison's run on Batman (Batman Incorporated: Gotham's Most Wanted). My question to any Batman fan that browses these forums is where do I go next? I hear very mixed things on the various other Batman new 52 titles being published i.e. that "Detective Comics is very hit and miss", "Batman: The Dark Knight" is something you should skip ect...so are there anymore established runs to collect such as the Morrison one? Any more fan favorite trades worth buying off the top of anyones head?
    Sure. Here are a few more to check out:

Batman: The Black Mirror - Generally considered to be Scott Snyder's best Batman story.

Batman: Heart of Hush - Paul Dini's follow-up to Hush, that goes deeper into the villain's background, and looks into the Batman/Catwoman relationship.

Batman: No Man's Land - Major crossover story about Batman, the GCPD, and various villains fighting for territory when Gotham is declared a "no man's land" after a major earthquake.

Legends of the Dark Knight - A series of self-contained Batman stories from notable writers.

Batman: Black and White

Gotham Central - A hard look at the crimes in Gotham from the GCPD's point of view.

And for the extended Batfamily:

Batgirl/Robin Year One
    Ed Brubaker's Catwoman
    Grayson
    Chuck Dixon's Nightwing/Birds of Prey/Robin
    Bryan Q. Miller's Batgirl
    Peter Tomasi's Batman and Robin
    Last edited by joybeans; 02-08-2016 at 09:09 AM.

Joybeans said it best. Among those recommendations my most reread are: Gotham Central, Ed Brubaker's Catwoman, Batgirl Year One, Heart of Hush, No Man's Land

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Joybeans said it best. Among those recommendations my most reread are: Gotham Central, Ed Brubaker's Catwoman, Batgirl Year One, Heart of Hush, No Man's Land
    I'm going to check heart of hush out. I loved the tpb of Hush, but was kind of bummed out that the actual character only appears in the very last issue. He makes the top 3 most interesting batman characters for me, but that is partly because I don't know much about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Snidlefighter View Post
    I'm going to check heart of hush out. I loved the tpb of Hush, but was kind of bummed out that the actual character only appears in the very last issue. He makes the top 3 most interesting batman characters for me, but that is partly because I don't know much about him.
    Yeah, that was a common complaint about the book. Generally, Hush is seen more as a guidebook to the world of Batman instead of a cohesive Batman story. You'll get exactly what you're looking for with Heart of Hush. I'll also note that the creative team of Paul Dini and Dustin Nguyen continue their saga (with Hush involved) with the Streets of Gotham series, collected in three volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Yeah, that was a common complaint about the book. Generally, Hush is seen more as a guidebook to the world of Batman instead of a cohesive Batman story. You'll get exactly what you're looking for with Heart of Hush. I'll also note that the creative team of Paul Dini and Dustin Nguyen continue their saga (with Hush involved) with the Streets of Gotham series, collected in three volumes.
    Thanks I took what you said and looked up the Streets of Gotham series on Amazon. I didn't bother even reading reviews or descriptions as soon as I saw that Chris Yost and Mike Benson both contributed to parts of the story for the second volume I knew I had to have the set.

Also don't get me wrong I thought Hush was a superb book, it is crazy that Loeb was able to incorporate so many characters in a story and make it feel like it actually mattered and went somewhere. I was just sad because you get to that exciting concluding last issue and Hush is a badass....then it ends ha ha.

Hi,

I want to read morrisons batman again via comixology is it better to go with singles or the collections?
    Last edited by Winter_fury; 03-01-2016 at 01:59 PM.