Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Wonder Woman and Justice League are in the Oscar shortlist for Best Visual Effects: http://www.indiewire.com/2017/12/osc...rs-1201903836/

Justice League, seriously?
    I don't think either really deserve it. Now for costumes yeah Wonder Woman deserves it but visual effects no way IMO the Amazon who was shot while swinging off the hill looked right out of a video game cute scene and the less said about Justice League visual effects the better.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I don't think either really deserve it. Now for costumes yeah Wonder Woman deserves it but visual effects no way IMO the Amazon who was shot while swinging off the hill looked right out of a video game cute scene and the less said about Justice League visual effects the better.
    Yeah, the CGI in WW is not that great, especially during the 3rd act.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Gal Gadot and Henry Cavill are charging fans $350 for an autograph and photo at ACE Comic-Con: https://batman-news.com/2017/12/04/g...ace-comic-con/

AUTOGRAPH PRICING:

Gal Gadot – $175.00
    Henry Cavill – $175.00
    Jason Momoa – $80.00
    Ciarán Hinds – $55.00
    Ezra Miller – $60.00
    Ray Fisher – $50.00

PHOTO OP PRICING:

Henry Cavill & Gal Gadot DUAL – $350.00
    Gal Gadot – $175.00
    Henry Cavill – $175.00
    Jason Momoa – $85.00
    Ezra Miller – $75.00
    Ciarán Hinds – $70.00
    Ray Fisher – $65.00

Is that WB's way to make more money from JL?

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Gal Gadot and Henry Cavill are charging fans $350 for an autograph and photo at ACE Comic-Con
    Don't exactly see what's news here. Actors have always charged hundreds for autographs at conventions - I recall reading how Felicity Jones (or someone associated with Star Wars) was charging for autographs either in the 300s or 400s around the time Rogue One released.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Gal Gadot and Henry Cavill are charging fans $350 for an autograph and photo at ACE Comic-Con: https://batman-news.com/2017/12/04/g...ace-comic-con/

AUTOGRAPH PRICING:

Gal Gadot – $175.00
    Henry Cavill – $175.00
    Jason Momoa – $80.00
    Ciarán Hinds – $55.00
    Ezra Miller – $60.00
    Ray Fisher – $50.00

PHOTO OP PRICING:

Henry Cavill & Gal Gadot DUAL – $350.00
    Gal Gadot – $175.00
    Henry Cavill – $175.00
    Jason Momoa – $85.00
    Ezra Miller – $75.00
    Ciarán Hinds – $70.00
    Ray Fisher – $65.00

Is that WB's way to make more money from JL?
    Nah...that money goes directly to the performers, not to WB.

Though it's surprising that current A-List actors do this; usually, it's the domain of performers that haven't had any big active projects for a while.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

The convention organizers are doing it, hence the pricing is on their site. The actors have to agree to it but maybe they don't want to pose with so many fans so think just saying yes will reduce the number of photos taken? They don't really owe anyone a photograph/autograph.

Also, the con must have obviously offered bigger bucks if they agreed to the pricing. Either way, it was initiated by the con and the $$ is majorly going to them. The actors' appearance fees are separate, even if those fees are increased by the pricing offer.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 12-05-2017 at 01:49 AM.

Wonder Woman and Justice League are in the Oscar shortlist for Best Visual Effects: http://www.indiewire.com/2017/12/osc...rs-1201903836/

Justice League, seriously?
    It's not likely, but I'd love for one of them to win so we can hear "it doesn't count! It's not like it was Best Picture!" again
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    It's not likely, but I'd love for one of them to win so we can hear "it doesn't count! It's not like it was Best Picture!" again
    Was Suicide Squad a critically acclaimed film that was lauded for its story or its direction? No, no it wasn't. Wanting something to be true is not the same as it actually being true.

MCU films regularly recieve Oscar nominations in similar categories. You don't see Marvel fans comparing the MCU to movies like Moonlight (last year's Best Picture winner).
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 12-05-2017 at 06:49 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Agreed. If anything, I'd say Wonder Woman is more qualified for Best Actress or Best Director than it is for Achievement is Visual Effects. Gal and Patty both killed it, but superhero films are rarely nominated for those types of categories. The only one that actually was was Heath Ledger's nod for Best Supporting Actor for his role as Joker in Dark Knight, which he ended up winning.

And the less said about Justice League, the better.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 12-05-2017 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Agreed. If anything, I'd say Wonder Woman is more qualified for Best Actress or Best Director than it is for Achievement is Visual Effects. Gal and Patty both killed it, but superhero films are rarely nominated for those types of categories. The only one that actually was was Heath Ledger's nod for Best Supporting Actor for his role as Joker in Dark Knight, which he ended up winning.

And the less said about Justice League, the better.
    I don't think she shall receive a Best Actress nomination. I don't find her acting very compelling. Rather Cavill and Affleck gave better performances in Man of Steel and Batman v Superman respectively. Controversial opinion i believe. She is entertaining to watch as Wonder Woman. But i don't think it was such a stellar acting performance. The film was made in such a way that she appeared fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Was Suicide Squad a critically acclaimed film that was lauded for its story or its direction? No, no it wasn't. Wanting something to be true is not the same as it actually being true.

MCU films regularly recieve Oscar nominations in similar categories. You don't see Marvel fans comparing the MCU to movies like Moonlight (last year's Best Picture winner).
    Has anyone here compared Suicide Squad to Moonlight? That would be silly if they did. And who said SS was "lauded for its story or its direction"? I certainly didn't.

I think you need to breathe & relax buddy. I put a smiley in my post, which should show it was tongue-in-cheek, but if your nerves get struck so easily then maybe your priorities are out of whack?

Also, to be honest, an Oscar is an Oscar lol "It was only Best Makeup, it's not like it was an important award or anything"...tell that to the makeup artists for each film who have worked their tails off their entire career. But hey, keep on keeping on that hate train guy. MCU keeps getting nominated? Maybe someday they'll win one (uh oh, there's that smiley again...)

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Has anyone here compared Suicide Squad to Moonlight? That would be silly if they did. And who said SS was "lauded for its story or its direction"? I certainly didn't.

I think you need to breathe & relax buddy. I put a smiley in my post, which should show it was tongue-in-cheek, but if your nerves get struck so easily then maybe your priorities are out of whack?

Also, to be honest, an Oscar is an Oscar lol "It was only Best Makeup, it's not like it was an important award or anything"...tell that to the makeup artists for each film who have worked their tails off their entire career. But hey, keep on keeping on that hate train guy. MCU keeps getting nominated? Maybe someday they'll win one (uh oh, there's that smiley again...)
    MCU and DCEU keep things safe. Its difficult to get important awards like that. But the other ones like vfx, makeup and all? Yes, MCU can win those. And why call awards like Make Up not important? What would a film do without proper make up? Remember so many films compete to get these awards. Out of all the competing films that year a DCEU film won it. Marvel has close to twenty films, but not a single of these 'lesser awards' yet.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 12-05-2017 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    MCU and DCEU keep things safe. Its difficult to get important awards like that. But the other ones like vfx, make and all. Yes, MCU can win those. And why call awards like Make Up not important? What would a film do without proper make up? Remember so many films compete to get these awards. Out of all the competing films that year a DCEU film won it. Marvel has close to twenty films, but not a single of these 'lesser awards'.
    After SS won "Best Makeup", a stupid (new) divide broke among fans of both film universes. DCEU fanboys yelled "hey Marvel, we won an Oscar, you suck!" while Marvel fanboys yelled "who cares? It's JUST makeup, it's not like it was Best Picture or anything." Meanwhile, DCEU fans like myself who usually just stay quiet, got to watch everyone burn each others houses down. Again. So I was poking fun at this happening again, when another poster apparently got some feelers touched and decided to put words in my mouth.

However, non-jokingly, I'll say this: however unlikely it may be, if Wonder Woman took home Best Picture or Best Director, there would actually be people here who couldn't handle DC finally having something the MCU does not have, that would say "it didn't deserve it" because they are just that petty.
    Last edited by Clark_Kent; 12-05-2017 at 07:44 AM.

iMan 42s

How Justice League could get nominated for best visual effects is beyond me. It has obvious CGI and Steppenwolf looks like a Hulk who hasn't been composited correctly from 2003. Even the backgrounds are clearly not present so I am just under the impression it was a mediocre year for SFX if Justice League of all things gets the nomination.

I also still call bullshit on Suicide Squad. What blew so many people away on it that it was the best of the year? The same makeup can and has been done by cosplayers for decades. Killer Croc was cool but as a latex monster costume it's not that impressive, that sort FX is actually really common. I'm almost positive The RPF has done it long before the movie.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    How Justice League could get nominated for best visual effects is beyond me. It has obvious CGI and Steppenwolf looks like a Hulk who hasn't been composited correctly from 2003. Even the backgrounds are clearly not present so I am just under the impression it was a mediocre year for SFX if Justice League of all things gets the nomination.

I also still call bullshit on Suicide Squad. What blew so many people away on it that it was the best of the year? The same makeup can and has been done by cosplayers for decades. Killer Croc was cool but as a latex monster costume it's not that impressive, that sort FX is actually really common. I'm almost positive The RPF has done it long before the movie.
    See you can have your opinion about whether SS was worthy of the win or not, but the fact is it won. People at the Academy who voted for it found it excellent. The year's winner is that year's winner. It is compared with the films released that year. Are you making FX and Make up same? Both are different things.

Justice League is in the shortlist. I don't think it will be in the final list of nominations.

After SS won "Best Makeup", a stupid (new) divide broke among fans of both film universes. DCEU fanboys yelled "hey Marvel, we won an Oscar, you suck!" while Marvel fanboys yelled "who cares? It's JUST makeup, it's not like it was Best Picture or anything." Meanwhile, DCEU fans like myself who usually just stay quiet, got to watch everyone burn each others houses down. Again. So I was poking fun at this happening again, when another poster apparently got some feelers touched and decided to put words in my mouth.

However, non-jokingly, I'll say this: however unlikely it may be, if Wonder Woman took home Best Picture or Best Director, there would actually be people here who couldn't handle DC finally having something the MCU does not have, that would say "it didn't deserve it" because they are just that petty.
    I would try to be not petty.
    In my opinion Logan is a better film then Wonder Woman. I actually enjoyed Homecoming more then Wonder Woman. Then there must be better films. But if Wonder Woman wins i would be all over the moon. It would not happen but imagine it happening. That would be something really special. A comic book film has never even been nominated for best film yet. Films are by nature subjective. Imo generally those who win simply deserve the win. I may prefer something else, but i am not part of the Academy. There could be exceptions. But such things are rare.

What can i say of fans? After all we love. Thus, we are fans. Only, when the other guys are too difficult or those who hate just because apparently hating is necessary to be a fan (Which is opposite of what the saying(fan) is! ) then i am annoyed. But truly speaking one can't escape it. A smiley is a good way to deal with it.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 12-05-2017 at 08:38 AM.