Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

This is obviously a dystopia that will fall apart, the message will NOT be that the 50s were wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    How dare you!

I like Bean, because it’s an actual word. It isn’t gibberish like jott.
    Yes, finally someone said it. I can't with the word "Jott". lol Please don't come for me, Jott shippers. I say it in jest (though I mean it!)

I'm already falling for Jean and Bishop so I hope this isn't going to be some type of fake out!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I'm really digging this preview. I'm still not sure I like the costumes, but the art is cool.
    Make Good Art

Only end of event thing I hope happens is that they keep their memories (and for some of them, their costumes)

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    It happens fast if its between AoXM: Alpha and AoXM: Prisoner X then, assuming there's no time-jump after this establishing issue.
    Maybe X-Man picks up some stray thoughts or something. Hell, what if Jean turns him in?
    so much they could do with that. i know someone else already pointed it out but the ‘love is forbidden’ plotline looks to show love through the lens of queer identity, body positivity, and interracial relationships. all the more apparent with the 50s theme going on.

BANNED

Oh, damn, I'm likin' this even more than I thought I would. Like most everyone else, lovin' the art, and just the overall style of presentation in general.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    • I wonder who the mutant in distress is. Rictor?
    • Does something happen during the ALPHA issue that condemns Bishop? As we know he's one of the X-Prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    ... Very Pleasantville, and I think that's the point. ...
    Y'all read my mind. My initial, refleXive guess also, considerin', but could it be... Legion?

If you were happy ALL the time... how would you know it? Oh, and in what I'm sure is just coincidence, the real one's located IN...

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    I wish it didn't look so good. Magneto is in it, and his groomed beard is kinda nice. I love the art; the art is so clean; what a pleasure to read. So, the quirks like the 1950s small town setting--isn't this all the creation of Nate Grey? Interesting psychological insight--when Legion created his realm (Age of X) it was militant, futuristic, filled with fortresses and confrontations. Nate's psychosis is manifesting as a 1950s style model suburbia, LOL! Nate grew up in the alternate AoA Universe which was dystopian to the extreme, so I guess he's projecting what he thinks is paradise.

I have no idea where the Age of X-Man is going. What the purpose is, what the plot is about. Will each individual book have its own story? Will there be an overarching story that links the books? Is every character going to be a pod-person except for a couple of "heroes" (like Bishop, Jean) who will be our point-of-view narrators (like Wolverine was in House of M)?

Anyway, yeah, I will probably buy this.
    Thank you for your always articulate thoughts, such a pleasure to read. Yes & yes, to my knowledge.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Only end of event thing I hope happens is that they keep their memories (and for some of them, their costumes)

so much they could do with that. i know someone else already pointed it out but the ‘love is forbidden’ plotline looks to show love through the lens of queer identity, body positivity, and interracial relationships. all the more apparent with the 50s theme going on.
    I am a bit more positive about this event than I was a few weeks ago.
    The last time something like this was done, with Age of X,there was an overarching plot which was a critic of the x books back then, the Utopia period, where all mutants lived in the same islands, it was impossible to create new mutants, and it was as if nothing existed outside of that island. It was an event that was a critic of the books at that time.
    Here it seems like they will go for forbidden love in a 50s inspired Utopia, with a cult like leader.

Looks really good.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    This is obviously a dystopia that will fall apart, the message will NOT be that the 50s were wonderful
    It feel more like a utopia with some dystopian tones than a dystopia

I love the art!

It looks nice.

Rosanas is a nice man.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    I don't disagree, but why?
    I was slightly kidding since I'm not actually into shipping, but I do think the AU setting and these pairings (same thing with Bloblocke) are fun things to toy with since they'd never happen in the main continuity

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It looks nice.

Rosanas is a nice man.
    his art here remembers me of Cliff Chiang retro style

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Yep, the X-Man behind the curtain will lose control, and eventually be confronted. But I think the undoing of his sublime suburbia, will be through more subversive tactics. As opposed to the OTT, in-your-face frontal assaults, of Disassembled.

This looks good

wait that prick walking his dog while showing off his levitation perk for no reason is my new second favorite x-character
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate