Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its official guys.

spoilers:
    Synch is back! Cant wait to see his first onscreen interaction with Monet
    end of spoilers
    I'd rather the initial reunion be handled off panel (or at least very quickly), and the two just mosey on their own ways. Monet's been through a lot of things that I don't think Synch would understand at first. He'd be respectful of that (and she doesn't necessarily need to apologize for anything she's done or experienced), but anyone who's been dead so long needs to be able to find themselves again, and I don't want that hampered for Synch.

Further down the road, when Marvel comes to their senses and does a proper Gen-X reunion, they can have some "Woo, wasn't that a strange time" type recollection dialogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I'd rather the initial reunion be handled off panel (or at least very quickly), and the two just mosey on their own ways. Monet's been through a lot of things that I don't think Synch would understand at first. He'd be respectful of that (and she doesn't necessarily need to apologize for anything she's done or experienced), but anyone who's been dead so long needs to be able to find themselves again, and I don't want that hampered for Synch.

Further down the road, when Marvel comes to their senses and does a proper Gen-X reunion, they can have some "Woo, wasn't that a strange time" type recollection dialogues.
    I like to think Synch and especially Skin are taken advantage of the no STDs implication that the cure-All Krakoa fruit means
    GrindrStone(D)

Monet's first love Synch is back...but at what age has he returned? His mind must be that of just prior to his death so.... high school?

CAN Monet and Synch have a romance with her being presumably older now? Or is the sliding scale and the benefit of reality warping etc going to factor into their potential rekindling?

Has the Sunspot x Monet ship sunk before it even got a chance to sail????

Le sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Monet's first love Synch is back...but at what age has he returned? His mind must be that of just prior to his death so.... high school?

CAN Monet and Synch have a romance with her being presumably older now? Or is the sliding scale and the benefit of reality warping etc going to factor into their potential rekindling?

Le sigh.
    I think it will either be ignored and they will have the same age from now on or we'll have a situation similar to the current Gert/Chase situation in Runaways.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

Le sigh.
    Well based on the EmmaScottJeanWolvie quadrangle.. We can go from Monet & Eve or M Spot to MSYNCSPot t... Ev, Monet and Roberto as a trio as far hotter than Jott being fused with Diamond Claw.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I am hoping Monet x Synch reconnect. Her x Sunsot are too alike to be interesting, and again which I could only see as a shallow fling or "dating" each other as a public show of status than any genuine affection. Wearing each other for decoration, as someone said earlier. M-Spot is a pairing i'd simply tolerate like Buffy x Riley. MSynch I would actually enjoy since I am mostly indifferent to Sunspot but actually like Synch. Hickman has shown obvious bias for 3 of his favs. so far. Hopefully it won't extent to him pairing them by default too. lol

And I don't think the rectangle are all gonna be with each other. I just think Jean & Scott are officially together, but will be hooking up on the side with Logan and Emma respectively. Scott will know about it, but not make an issue of it given what he's up to himself.

Mystique x Destiny only just got to kiss on panel recently -as chaste & forced as it was. So I doubt Hickman is gonna be able to go straight to Poly relations just yet. But some gang-bangs can happen since Psylocke did it with Cable clones.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-04-2019 at 06:31 AM.

I was never a big fan of Monet and Everett as a couple. He had better chemistry with Jubes but I can totally see why he would fall for M over her, sticking Jubilee in the "friend-zone".

I heard it was supposed to be Synch x Jubilee until the retcons and "real Monet" showed up. Then the pairing moved to her.

So far, outside of Synch & Bunn's Creed, I haven't liked any of Monet's love interests. So if they bring back an old pairing for her, I hope it's Synch. Sunspot, I could tolerate but not get giddy about. However he'd be better than Madrox, Guido or Darwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I heard it was supposed to be Synch x Jubilee until the retcons and "real Monet" showed up. Then the pairing moved to her.

So far, outside of Synch & Bunn's Creed, I haven't liked any of Monet's love interests. So if they bring back an old pairing for her, I hope it's Synch. Sunspot, I could tolerate but not get giddy about. However he'd be better than Madrox, Guido or Darwin.
    So true. I could totally get behind Monet dating Berto. They match so well on paper, but I could see his cavalier like bravado would either get on her nerves or find it rather charming -- all depending on her mood.

I don't think that Monet and Synch would work well as a couple at this point. Synch would still be a teenager, Monet is an adult. She's just to old for him, and I just cant see Monet being interested in being with some one with the mental maturity of a teenager.

If they were to pop on panel togather, I think it would be best that they were only friends who were happy to see each other again.
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    So true. I could totally get behind Monet dating Berto. They match so well on paper, but I could see his cavalier like bravado would either get on her nerves or find it rather charming -- all depending on her mood.
    Yeah. It can go either way, and everyone has different enjoyments for pairings.

I liked Bunncanny and thought she had nice chemistry with Creed, but even Bunn was off on the character a bit and made him less versatile than he was depicted in the past. In the earlier days he wore suits and was shown to enjoy finer things as well. He used to own a mansion. Now every writer has him as a barbarian who lives in the woods. The pairing isn't popular on this site, but I see more support for it on twitter & Tumblr.

I shipped that because both were fav. characters & I liked their interactions. But Sunspot isn't a fav. and hasn't interacted with Monet so I am not into it at the moment. But I also no longer ship Monet x Creed because #1 he's evil again. #2 the writing for him started sucking again after Bunn lost him in 2017, then when she was in Weapon X, Pak just wrote Creed like a Strong Guy rip-off, and I didn't like Monet x Guido the first time around..

So at present the only guy I really am feeling for Monet is Synch. But if I gotta chose between Sunspot and any other the other guys she's been put or teased with, BRING ON SUNSPOT!

I don't really think they need to get back together. This isn't a Mystique and Destiny romance. Too much time has passed and their relationship was brief if anything a hug and "good to see your" is all that really needs to happen between the two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    I don't really think they need to get back together. This isn't a Mystique and Destiny romance. Too much time has passed and their relationship was brief if anything a hug and "good to see your" is all that really needs to happen between the two of them.
    Whaaat it was definitely more than that...and seeing her latter bfs it was the only relationship that meant anything to her
    GrindrStone(D)

Agreed. Synch still remains her most intimate & true relationship to date.

Nothing after has come close.

Synch was able to breach through Monet's very guarded walls and allowed her to open up in a way that no one else has. I dont think its fair to downplay just how significant a person he was in her life

Most people saw her as an arrogant bougie bitch but he saw her as a person and his death deeply affected her