Page 364 of 750 FirstFirst ... 264314354360361362363364365366367368374414464 ... LastLast
Results 5,446 to 5,460 of 11243
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

spoilers:
    T'Challa doesn't just get easily stabbed through a Vibranium suit (unless Swordsman has some kind of special sword). I call misdirection
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Hey! Let's not forget the appearance of the completely ineffective Wakandan Air Force!

Seriously, tho, they are foreshadowing a sudden reveal so blatantly, I'm not even upset.

(I also wouldn't get too worked up over the "animal" thing, given that the enemy are, you know, plants.)

The fact that Wakanda is getting Worfed for this ridiculous event, OTOH....
    but the bullets were colored! that means high tech man!!! lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    spoilers:
    T'Challa doesn't just get easily stabbed through a Vibranium suit (unless Swordsman has some kind of special sword). I call misdirection
    end of spoilers
    It has to be. Marketing wise alone, this wouldn't even work.

We gotta find out of the this juice is worth the squeeze though.

I find it doubtful

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

That being said…

spoilers:
    I could easily see Marvel editorial deciding to keep T'challa "dead" for a while, and put him on the shelf until the movie gets closer.

From their perspective, the comics weren't selling, and Disney can still market shirts and other related swag based on the movie.

It might even explain why they haven't announced Coates' final issue. They've written the character off as a loss.
    end of spoilers

I don't want it to be true, but I believe they could do it.
    Just the idea of that pisses me off. Because i'm sorry, Black Panther could be one of the best books ever if Marvel stop shooting him in the foot and let him be great. I'm tired of all this sabatoge that happens to black heroes because that is exactly what it is. If they just gave us a god damn capable hero and treated him the likes of Thor and Reed and others his book would be flying off the shelves.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Hey! Let's not forget the appearance of the completely ineffective Wakandan Air Force!

Seriously, tho, they are foreshadowing a sudden reveal so blatantly, I'm not even upset.

(I also wouldn't get too worked up over the "animal" thing, given that the enemy are, you know, plants.)

The fact that Wakanda is getting Worfed for this ridiculous event, OTOH....
    I think we're getting a better sense of the problem though (something we didn't get earlier because the tie-in was cancelled).

It's not that their offense doesn't work per say... it's that the freaking planets just seem to grow back and keep coming back for more. They can knock them down, but they apparently can't keep them down sort of irradiating the soil that T'Challa thought of earlier but didn't want to do.

spoilers:
    That said, the plant Messiah showing up on the actual battle field basically changes all of that. They likely don't need to kill all the plants now... just him. And we know T'CHalla's sword can kill the plants. T'Challa is now one sword slash away from ending all of this (apart from the Kree/Skrull stuff going on with the sun... that's an entirely seperate problem).

In a lot of ways, the easiest strategy is probably to allow them to get close to the mound to lure out the head of the snake so the can just cut it off. Not that it's not risky of course.
    end of spoilers

And why do most of Tchalla stories have to take place in wakanda. It's like we know about wakanda, we get it. My biggest pet peeve is i want to see BP be a HERO, not all stories go back to wakanda. It's like they think black people never leave home and if they do it's just to go to another version of it. Why can't Tchalla be out in space having a story, or taking to the fore front and hunting down earth's biggest threats rather than always reacting to it. It just really bothers me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And why do most of Tchalla stories have to take place in wakanda. It's like we know about wakanda, we get it. My biggest pet peeve is i want to see BP be a HERO, not all stories go back to wakanda. It's like they think black people never leave home and if they do it's just to go to another version of it. Why can't Tchalla be out in space having a story, or taking to the fore front and hunting down earth's biggest threats rather than always reacting to it. It just really bothers me.
    That's what he did in Coates' story(he wasn't home for eight years, we still dont know how long Shuri thinks he was gone). Lol. and Agents of Wakanda.

Just the idea of that pisses me off. Because i'm sorry, Black Panther could be one of the best books ever if Marvel stop shooting him in the foot and let him be great. I'm tired of all this sabatoge that happens to black heroes because that is exactly what it is. If they just gave us a god damn capable hero and treated him the likes of Thor and Reed and others his book would be flying off the shelves.
    THe thing is, look how Thor and Reed have been treated over the last couple years. Or Captain America or Iron Man or Wolverine or Spider-Man. They've all be "dead" or replaced in the last couple years. Right or wrong, I think that's just how Marvel does its characters.

In terms of optics it does look worse because it's a black character... and I just think they have more trouble seeing that because in their minds they pretty much do that to everyone. Thor is arguably the pinnacle of Aryan optics as a long haired blue eyed god, and he's spent the better part of the decade running around with one arm while his girlfriend stole his name and powers. But for their own sake from a PR standpoint at least, they probably do need to get better at addressing this sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    That's what he did in Coates' story and Agents of Wakanda.
    Naw coates story was him being flung into a far off version of Wakanda and then having to have wakanda the past fight galatic wakanda. If your going to strip the man of his kinghood responsibilities then let him go be great. Why can't tchalla be out there stopping these threats before they come. He should have been infiltrating the kree/skull empire and kicking a$$ and not needing to take names. That's what i'm trying to get it. It feels like ever Tchalla story has to do with wakanda and the book is suppose to be about Black Panther not Wakanda. He never seems to be on an adventure unless he is tagging along in someone elses book and most of his actions always seem reactionary rather than taking charge. It's just so annoying. Agents of Wakanda was a little better but there was just nothing grand about it imo. There is no reason why tchalla can't be grand except they don't want him to be so. And coates story amounted to a bunch of nothing. I still don't know who these supposed gods are the Orisha. He really just came in and tried to wax and wane on the state of black wealth and black greatness and how the women were suffering for it but never reached a point where he even tried to uplift anyone, least of all tchalla. The only one who got some real shine was storm and i love me some storm but it's a BP book. It just feels like he gets the raw end of the deal time and time again. The world's most advance nation should be able to take care of itself why he is out there adventuring and having a little fun.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

In all fairness he's spent a good deal of time in Coates book out in space away from Wakanda (though he's back there now), and he's more proactive about stuff in Avengers and Agents of Wakanda.

I think the issue is big event stories are more and more using Wakanda as part of the narrative because it's considered the most advanced nation on earth. And that creates a very convenient bullseye for a lot of writer. Whether it's an infinity stone or a cosmic cube fragment or the vibranim or the vibranium soil or whatever other plot device the story calls for, it always managed to finds its way to Wakanda and that puts T'CHalla in this position of having to play defense on his home turf. A lot.

Naw coates story was him being flung into a far off version of Wakanda and then having to have wakanda the past fight galatic wakanda. If your going to strip the man of his kinghood responsibilities then let him go be great. Why can't tchalla be out there stopping these threats before they come. He should have been infiltrating the kree/skull empire and kicking a$$ and not needing to take names. That's what i'm trying to get it. It feels like ever Tchalla story has to do with wakanda and the book is suppose to be about Black Panther not Wakanda. He never seems to be on an adventure unless he is tagging along in someone elses book and most of his actions always seem reactionary rather than taking charge. It's just so annoying. Agents of Wakanda was a little better but there was just nothing grand about it imo. There is no reason why tchalla can't be grand except they don't want him to be so. And coates story amounted to a bunch of nothing. I still don't know who these supposed gods are the Orisha. He really just came in and tried to wax and wane on the state of black wealth and black greatness and how the women were suffering for it but never reached a point where he even tried to uplift anyone, least of all tchalla. The only one who got some real shine was storm and i love me some storm but it's a BP book. It just feels like he gets the raw end of the deal time and time again. The world's most advance nation should be able to take care of itself why he is out there adventuring and having a little fun.
    I'd rather he be in Wakanda. Writers just need to stop treating it like it's the next Atlantis. The complaint from the normal citizen was that he was out of the country too much. Unless the threat to the world directly or long term effects WK, I'd rather he stay out of it.

An example is from one of the openings of Panther Quest. He was on his way to Avengers Tower and stopped a bank robbery. I was looking to see if that was a Bank of Wakanda branch because if it wasn't he should have left it alone. Lol
    Last edited by Cville; 08-12-2020 at 07:27 AM.

Frankly, I think it's part of a deeper issue... comics have lost a sense of scale.

Every story has to be bigger than the one before.

Every foe more powerful, more deadly.

The world, if not the universe, must be in peril.

So we can't get simple stories of T'Challa going after Moses Magnum after he tried industrial espo\ionage on the WDG. BP has to be battling to save Wakanda from utter devastation because it's more "epic".

The problem is, without variety, even the epic can become stale.

"Ancient cosmic evil, older than time itself? I can fit you in between an alien invasion and Mephisto's latest scheme. Otherwise I'm booked solid until 2021."

I've never seen someone check a pulse in a comic book lol

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I've never seen someone check a pulse in a comic book lol
    I'm a little surprised you can check the pulse of someone wearing a vibranium suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I'd rather he be in Wakanda. Writers just need to stop treating it like it's the next Atlantis. The complaint from the normal citizen was that he was out of the country too much. Unless the threat to the world directly or long term effects WK, I'd rather he stay out of it.

An example is from one of the openings of Panther Quest. He was on his way to Avengers Tower and stopped a bank robbery. I was looking to see if that was a Bank of Wakanda branch because if it wasn't he should have left it alone. Lol
    That doesn't quite work when he's leader of the Avengers though. NOT staying out of problems is part of the job description.

Though the compromise can easily be that he deals with Wakandan problems in his own book, and deals with saving the outside world in Avengers and event books. Which is sort of what we've gotten in recent years. Though Wakanda getting dragged into events is now the norm.