Page 365 of 750 FirstFirst ... 265315355361362363364365366367368369375415465 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,475 of 11243
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Naw coates story was him being flung into a far off version of Wakanda and then having to have wakanda the past fight galatic wakanda. If your going to strip the man of his kinghood responsibilities then let him go be great. Why can't tchalla be out there stopping these threats before they come. He should have been infiltrating the kree/skull empire and kicking a$$ and not needing to take names. That's what i'm trying to get it. It feels like ever Tchalla story has to do with wakanda and the book is suppose to be about Black Panther not Wakanda. He never seems to be on an adventure unless he is tagging along in someone elses book and most of his actions always seem reactionary rather than taking charge. It's just so annoying. Agents of Wakanda was a little better but there was just nothing grand about it imo. There is no reason why tchalla can't be grand except they don't want him to be so. And coates story amounted to a bunch of nothing. I still don't know who these supposed gods are the Orisha. He really just came in and tried to wax and wane on the state of black wealth and black greatness and how the women were suffering for it but never reached a point where he even tried to uplift anyone, least of all tchalla. The only one who got some real shine was storm and i love me some storm but it's a BP book. It just feels like he gets the raw end of the deal time and time again. The world's most advance nation should be able to take care of itself why he is out there adventuring and having a little fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Frankly, I think it's part of a deeper issue... comics have lost a sense of scale.

Every story has to be bigger than the one before.

Every foe more powerful, more deadly.

The world, if not the universe, must be in peril.

So we can't get simple stories of T'Challa going after Moses Magnum after he tried industrial espo\ionage on the WDG. BP has to be battling to save Wakanda from utter devastation because it's more "epic".

The problem is, without variety, even the epic can become stale.

"Ancient cosmic evil, older than time itself? I can fit you in between an alien invasion and Mephisto's latest scheme. Otherwise I'm booked solid until 2021."
    I completely agree with these two sentiments. Honestly this event doesn't feel grand at all. Surely Marvel must realise that they just did War of the Realms, Secret Empire before that, and Civil War II before that. Empyre hasn't even finished and they're already gearing up for King in Black (I'd rather take Black is King, thank you very much). It's all just becoming too stale and repetitive and everything just lacks weight.

And I've said before that T'Challa is in dire need of a mini series refresh before he gets an ongoing. Ellis seems to be cancelled and he's my dream choice for this kinda stuff so I'm proposing Mark Waid (who is GREAT at refreshing characters) or Tom King who's doing Strange Adventures with Mr Terrific in it over at DC (but he can be hit-or-miss).

I'm just tired of reading the same **** over and over again.

Spectacular Member

Thats some ole bullshiz moe. They better have tchalla bounce back harder than big sean after that because from what yall spilled in the thread I call foul play, F that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    And I've said before that T'Challa is in dire need of a mini series refresh before he gets an ongoing. Ellis seems to be cancelled and he's my dream choice for this kinda stuff so I'm proposing Mark Waid (who is GREAT at refreshing characters) or Tom King who's doing Strange Adventures with Mr Terrific in it over at DC (but he can be hit-or-miss).

Not a big fan of King. His stuff comes across as ponderous and "literary", and T'Challa doesn't need that.

I'd rather see someone who can tap into that political vibe, like Rucka or Brubaker. Or, well, Priest.

Not a big fan of King. His stuff comes across as ponderous and "literary", and T'Challa doesn't need that.

I'd rather see someone who can tap into that political vibe, like Rucka or Brubaker. Or, well, Priest.
    True about that, although I really like his Vision and Mister Miracle stuff. Batman, not so much.

Priest is obviously the dream but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Rucka or Brubaker would be excellent choices too but I'm also not opposed to a Black Panther book being fun which is what Waid is good at.

Saladan is my dream dude atm
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Spectacular Member

Would priest even think about coming back to write for BP, cause if so that would be fan-fuking-tastic. I just need a writer for BP to show these goobers at marvel that black heroes matter (no pun intended) I'm just annoyed.

I completely agree with these two sentiments. Honestly this event doesn't feel grand at all. Surely Marvel must realise that they just did War of the Realms, Secret Empire before that, and Civil War II before that. Empyre hasn't even finished and they're already gearing up for King in Black (I'd rather take Black is King, thank you very much). It's all just becoming too stale and repetitive and everything just lacks weight.

marvel confuses big storytelling with good storytelling

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Saladan is my dream dude atm
    Anything he's written recently? I don't recognise the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Would priest even think about coming back to write for BP, cause if so that would be fan-fuking-tastic. I just need a writer for BP to show these goobers at marvel that black heroes matter (no pun intended) I'm just annoyed.
    spoilers:
    I still call bulls**t on T'Challa being actually dead but
    end of spoilers

this wouldn't be so much of a problem if we actually had stuff to look forward to in the comics and if they last 4 years weren't so mundane.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    marvel confuses big storytelling with good storytelling
    That's the best description of Mahvel comics that I've seen just off those few words. Like, what exactly are they trying to prove with these crossover events? Seems like they're happening everyday now, no substance just not very good "fan service"

Given Priests interviews on the matter, I don't think he'll be doing any solo books with a black lead for a long long time. If ever.

As far as making the character matter... I think you basically need an event writer to do that. There are a lot of good writers who can tell good BP stories, but if it's not an Aaron or a Hickman then it won't matter much. The architect writers are the guys who write the stories which the whole MU start revolving around... and I think that's what BP needs to get to another level.

Plus... I think both Aaron and Hickman write a pretty solid BP. But as both are pretty busy right now on Avengers and X-Men, I don't suspect either will be available to do a BP solo book anytime soon. But maybe in the future.

Anything he's written recently? I don't recognise the name.
    Saladin Ahmed

Wrote Black Bolt which I LOVED (took a king and made a small contained personal story instead of world ending ****)

writing Miles Morales now

He wrote the Conan issue where him and T'challa fought recently

That's the best description of Mahvel comics that I've seen just off those few words. Like, what exactly are they trying to prove with these crossover events? Seems like they're happening everyday now, no substance just not very good "fan service"
    I think the simple answer is that these big cross over events are the equivalent of summer blockbusters at the movies... they make money. So they keep doing them.

Probably not. He's not a big fan of revisiting old work, and has a bit of a chip on his shoulder regarding being assigned solo black characters.

As for your second point. I don't want stories that "matter". I just want stories that are _good_.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Given Priests interviews on the matter, I don't think he'll be doing any solo books with a black lead for a long long time. If ever.

As far as making the character matter... I think you basically need an event writer to do that. There are a lot of good writers who can tell good BP stories, but if it's not an Aaron or a Hickman then it won't matter much. The architect writers are the guys who write the stories which the whole MU start revolving around... and I think that's what BP needs to get to another level.

Plus... I think both Aaron and Hickman write a pretty solid BP. But as both are pretty busy right now on Avengers and X-Men, I don't suspect either will be available to do a BP solo book anytime soon. But maybe in the future.
    I never got that about priest, like personally if i were in his position and was a grade A story teller and character builder I'd love to write for BP or any other Black heroes. I know Priest before bp and falcon didn't want anything to do with black heroes but i forgot why, given his skills he can right for almost any character don't know why a black lead would be such a problem especially given tchallas status is A1 despite that lame event going on.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That doesn't quite work when he's leader of the Avengers though. NOT staying out of problems is part of the job description.

Though the compromise can easily be that he deals with Wakandan problems in his own book, and deals with saving the outside world in Avengers and event books. Which is sort of what we've gotten in recent years. Though Wakanda getting dragged into events is now the norm.
    Since hes been leader, the stories have been planetary problems. Celestial, Vampires, didnt go to space, and now Moon Knight reality warping. The only one the was small was vampires, and a horde of them tried to invade WK.