Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I think the better question is who will take Shaw’s place when Kitty returns and hes exposed for his actions.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Namor, Emma and Shaw would be a hell of a formation.
    Throw Maddie and Namor in the Emma/Jean/Scott/Logan rectangle and we will have one hell of a hexagon. They can make a whole soap opera book just on those six.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

We all know Kate will be back eventually, but in the interim I think Bishop would make the most sense. He's the only other member of the Red Court of the HTC, but I don't know if a character can be both a captain and a council member. I could also see Emma using her sway to get Christian appointed, since she was supposed to have the choice per the original agreement with Xavier and Mags.

I am curious now though about what the procedure would be in the event of a permanent vacancy. Does the Council nominate candidates and then vote among themselves, or would the entire population get the chance to vote?

Selene is the only answer

Sunspot or Penance.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Honestly, I think the Red Seat will sit vacant till Emma decides who sits there!

Xavier and Magneto will hold the seat for Emma's choice unless the entire council votes them down. Let's assume that Storm and Emma are absent. Sebastian puts forth a motion to elect someone in the Red Seat while Storm and Emma are absent from Council dealing with the Russians!

Wait for Emma:
    • Xavier
    • Magneto
    • Jean
    • Nightcrawler

Allow the seat to be changed:
    • Sinister
    • Shaw

On the fence or possible Abstains:
    • Apocalypse - might vote with Xavier and Mags because he likes Kate Pryde
    • Exodus - is very honorable and hates Sinister and would only vote with Shaw if Apocalypse wanted to!
    • Mystique - very high chance she will abstain

I have a feeling that the people saying to wait for Emma's choice will beat the ones who want to fill the seat immediately!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Adult, grown ass man OG Cable.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Honestly, I think the Red Seat will sit vacant till Emma decides who sits there!

Xavier and Magneto will hold the seat for Emma's choice unless the entire council votes them down. Let's assume that Storm and Emma are absent. Sebastian puts forth a motion to elect someone in the Red Seat while Storm and Emma are absent from Council dealing with the Russians!

Wait for Emma:
    • Xavier
    • Magneto
    • Jean
    • Nightcrawler

Allow the seat to be changed:
    • Sinister
    • Shaw

On the fence or possible Abstains:
    • Apocalypse - might vote with Xavier and Mags because he likes Kate Pryde
    • Exodus - is very honorable and hates Sinister and would only vote with Shaw if Apocalypse wanted to!
    • Mystique - very high chance she will abstain

I have a feeling that the people saying to wait for Emma's choice will beat the ones who want to fill the seat immediately!
    Are Xavier, Magneto and the rest of the council honor bound to give the seat to whomever Emma decides? That was a ridiculous condition that they even accepted. Emma was in no position to dictate that stipulation, she wasn't then and she isn't now. Xavier and Magneto should decide who they think is the best fit for the position and appoint them. Be it Selene(my personal choice), Sunspot or any other influential mutant. Its idiotic to wait for Emma to decide.

Either Namor, Sunspot, or Karma.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Are Xavier, Magneto and the rest of the council honor bound to give the seat to whomever Emma decides? That was a ridiculous condition that they even accepted. Emma was in no position to dictate that stipulation, she wasn't then and she isn't now. Xavier and Magneto should decide who they think is the best fit for the position and appoint them. Be it Selene(my personal choice), Sunspot or any other influential mutant. Its idiotic to wait for Emma to decide.
    No we dont know that they are and quite frankly they shouldnt be. She was able to name that third seat so there deal was upheld. It is ridiculous to assume that she forever has free will to name it in the event that said person dies or quits

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I liked that Rosenberg gave Karma her own company. She could actually be useful to the Hellfire Trading Company.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I liked that Rosenberg gave Karma her own company. She could actually be useful to the Hellfire Trading Company.
    He didnt do that. It was a development from Marjorie Liu's run on Astonishing

My first choice is Karma because she
    A. Owns a huge company
    B. Represent the young generation of mutants both because of her time with the New Mutants and as a teacher at the academy and
    C. She appears to be a bit more morally grey when put in positions of leadership and I want that explored more

The only problem is, there are already too many psychics on the council and I'm starting to see a pattern that makes me uncomfortable

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    this, pretty much jst this.
    Karma the best option however

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    this, pretty much jst this.
    Karma the best option however
    She's too boring though. I dont see her presence adding anything interesting to the dynamics