Page 651 of 827 FirstFirst ... 151551601641647648649650651652653654655661701751 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,765 of 12392
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I wonder where was Cecile's other daughter at the end. It will be funny if they forgot about her.

XWest

If she didn’t go back into time to stop that event with Barry, she wouldn’t have been born, because Barry would have died.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'll be honest, I'm not sure how much I'm looking forward to another season of The Flash being ineffectual against villains because he stands around talking or can't stop them because it would ruin the season-long plot, let alone a Flash that still needs his wife to tell him how to use his powers.
    Doesn't he do this in the comics too? I mean...I'm sure he has done it.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Doesn't he do this in the comics too? I mean...I'm sure he has done it.
    Not from my experience.

It helps that Team Flash isn't a thing in the comics.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Go figure, probably the worst season of the Flash to date had the best season ender since season 1. I mean, it was silly and cheesy but I'm OK with silly and cheesy in my superhero shows; mopy and boring, much less so.

Now, the producers need to take a long hard look at the writers' room and start making some changes. The show is already bleeding viewers, I don't think it can handle another season like this.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Now, the producers need to take a long hard look at the writers' room and start making some changes. The show is already bleeding viewers, I don't think it can handle another season like this.
    If that's the case, the CW will be history, since The Flash is its most popular show.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    If that's the case, the CW will be history, since The Flash is its most popular show.
    It is but, if I understand correctly, it lost a fair amount of viewers this season. It's not hard to see why. The Flash is my favourite superhero and even I'm kind of hanging on by a thread.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

BANNED

It is but, if I understand correctly, it lost a fair amount of viewers this season. It's not hard to see why. The Flash is my favourite superhero and even I'm kind of hanging on by a thread.
    The finale drew 700,000 fewer viewers than last season's average, or roughly 20% downturn. The finale's numbers are close to the season 4 averages.

BANNED

does this mean that thinkers wife even without any cap was more intelligent than him?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Ikr.

That woman willingly assisted in the murder of the bus metas and dozens of other innocent people.
    She didn't stop for moral reasons, but because DeVoe didn't love her anymore.
    Yeah, and she gets a bitter sweet ending?

She helped target these people, and didn't give a damn about them beyond their use in her plan to devastate the world. Are we really to believe that no one was seriously harmed just prior to saving the world?

Crappy villain, crappy ending but at least it was a positive cliffhanger and Barry's not at fault!

Retired

“We’re going to need more diapers” suggests to me that Iris will have twins.

The question is when? Barry could have banked his sperm—given he could die, maybe he wants Iris to have the option. And women artificially inseminated do sometimes carry more than one baby.

But since Barry didn’t die, maybe Nora was never born.

Heh, "There will be no defeating the Big Bad this year, Mr. Allen". DeVoe's so intelligent he's become self aware that he's the season long antagonist on a television show.

I actually enjoyed a lot of this season (even Barry in prison), and I was waiting to reserve judgment for the finale, and I'm glad it ended the way it did. Yeah, maybe Marlize should've been apprehended and then turned over to the Suicide Squad or something as a tech advisor, but I think it's cleaner to just have her go on her own and make amends. That's not how the law works, but she's going to be doing good. Cecile giving birth was great, but the best part of the finale for me was Ralph's return. YES! Now that's a feel good! Would've been cool if DeVoe could use all his powers in his mindscape rather than Agent Smith it, but he may've been a bit too powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I’m just going to assume she’s Nora Dawn Allen and she has a twin brother named Henry Donald Allen (or maybe Joseph Donald Allen). The Dawn and Don thing is cute and all, but not very practical.
    Ugh, "Nora". Did they have to go there? If she does have a twin brother, he can't be "Joseph", Joe is too alive. His name should be Henry Ronald Edward Q. Martin Allen. "Henry Ronald" or "HR" for short.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    I more leaning to Joe Donald Allen: Barry names his daughter and Iris names her son. I hope we do see her twin brother. Maybe that's the mistake Nora is talking about; something happened to her brother.
    That's possible. Hmm, I wonder if they'd want to use the Cobalt Blue story, but instead of it being Barry's twin brother separated at birth, it's Barry's son/Nora's twin brother?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    FYI: My Mom, a retired NICU nurse, says never delay contractions: there is no good reason to do it.
    Not even to stabilize a pregnant woman's telepathy to keep a speedster inside the mind of a mad metahuman who hi-jacked a bunch of satellites?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The question is when? Barry could have banked his sperm—given he could die, maybe he wants Iris to have the option. And women artificially inseminated do sometimes carry more than one baby.

But since Barry didn’t die, maybe Nora was never born.
    It's possible Iris doesn't even know she's already pregnant. This would be very similar to Impulse's debut episode on Young Justice. He travels to the present, saying "Hi Dad, Hi Aunt Dawn!" to Iris' stomach, and Barry didn't even know she was pregnant (I think Iris knew). And Bart was able to save Barry from dying fighting Neutron. In this case, it's Nora saving Barry from the satellite.

Although I guess that does beg the question of why she's been biding her sweet time (has she been in the present for MONTHS?) and acting at the last possible second rather than helping against DeVoe any earlier (judging by her appearance before this one, she still has her speed and isn't trapped int he present like Thawne was). Has Nora spent time in the further future with the Legion? If that's the case, maybe the bad guy next season should be a Dominator? And it seemed like she was apprehensive about seeing Iris before, I wonder the reason for that? And why come forward now? I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops next season. I'm hoping the 100th episode of the Flash brings ALL the speedsters, good and bad, together in a race through time.

Retired

What makes me question Iris being pregnant now is the logistics of the TV show. Given they just had a whole season with one pregnancy, would they really do the same thing all over again next season? And the nature of the clffhanger suggests we’ll come back right where we left off. If they had a six month time jump, they could come back with a very pregnant Iris and have the birth in November sweeps.

Or Iris goes into the future and the next episode she returns with two newborns.

It would be different if Candice Patton is pregnant in real life—but that might be the case. And then they would probaly still have a time jump to sync up with her pregnancy.

Personally, I lost interest in this season as it dragged along, just as I did in Season 3 (and 2, just not to the same extent). A nice change would be to break the season into thirds, and have 3 shorter story arcs. This whole DaVoe story would have been ok if much shorter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Red Walrus View Post
    Personally, I lost interest in this season as it dragged along, just as I did in Season 3 (and 2, just not to the same extent). A nice change would be to break the season into thirds, and have 3 shorter story arcs. This whole DaVoe story would have been ok if much shorter.
    Maybe it's just me showing my age, but...does there really need to be an arc? There was nothing intrinsic to DaVoe that could not have been told in 1-3 episodes. Same for Zoom and Reverse Flash. I can almost see some undercurrent of a plot in constant development, like the one in Castle (though hopefully not that bad). But to stretch a single story out over 6-7 episodes, let alone 23+, seems inclined to fail. It makes me less (rather than more) likely to watch the next episode. Especially since, in this format, all you really need to see is the first and last five minutes of each episode to keep up on the "plot."