Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Conversely, if anyone knows of a Robin not named Dick Grayson, it's probably Damian.
    I don't even know what to think on the Conner/Jon side of things now. My gut says that the Superboy changes with "his" Robin, but I think my point on Conner being the holder of the Superboy name in other media is valid. Do they just mix and match? Or do they totally take a chance on a new name for Conner?

All in all, I'm fascinated.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

It is possible Conner won't mantain Superboy identity in all outside media appearances. After all, I wouldn't be surprised if Conner change his identity in YJ cartoon at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    That's not true.

Bendis said that Didio was already looking for a way to get the Young Justice characters back in the mix, but the right pitch wasn't there yet. When Didio asked Bendis what sort of pop-up imprint he'd like to make Bendis said one focusing on young heroes in the style of Miles and Riri, and to that Didio said "Young Justice." You can look up that story on Bendis' last Word balloon interview.
    I remember Bendis mentioning there was no plan for YJ in an interview. Maybe I remember wrong.

I would look for the World baloon interview.
    Last edited by Konja7; 04-12-2019 at 03:38 PM.

Astonishing Member

I don't even know what to think on the Conner/Jon side of things now. My gut says that the Superboy changes with "his" Robin, but I think my point on Conner being the holder of the Superboy name in other media is valid. Do they just mix and match? Or do they totally take a chance on a new name for Conner?

I think we can analize each current appearance of Conner Superboy in outside media for this situation:

YJ cartoon currently has Tim as Robin and Conner as Superboy, but their identities can change in the future, since Damian and Jon have appeared. Also, Tim being Robin here doesn't seem to stop Tim changing identity in YJ comic.

Titans has Dick as Robin and Donna as Wonder Girl, so it doesn't represent the present of DC comics. Then, I don't think Conner as Superboy in Titans means something for his identity in comics. Not to mention that their identities can change.

The DCAU is where things become more complicated. So far, if they want to use Supersons in DCAU, they need to use Conner and Damian (who has similar age here), since Jon doesn't exist.
    Last edited by Konja7; 04-12-2019 at 04:18 PM.

I'm leaning towards mixing and matching with Jon and Tim changing codenames.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm leaning towards mixing and matching with Jon and Tim changing codenames.
    I say this before, but think the solicitations for June hint Jon will mantain Superboy mantle.

Jon was called Superboy in solicitations for Superman #12, while Tim and Conner were called by their names in solicitations for Young Justice #6 (Cassie was still called Wonder Girl and Bart was called Impulse).

Now, in July solicitations for Superman #13, I think they still use Superboy for Jon.
    Last edited by Konja7; 04-12-2019 at 06:55 PM.

Kon is totally going to change code names. He looks to be 18-19 in Bendis YJ, no one at that age wants to be called “boy” and Kon never even wanted to be called “Superboy” in the first place. In the cartoon given how little they’ve used Clark, I wouldn’t be surprised if Clark dies in Darkseid’s upcoming invasion and Conner becomes Superman like how Kaldur became Aquaman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Kon is totally going to change code names. He looks to be 18-19 in Bendis YJ, no one at that age wants to be called “boy” and Kon never even wanted to be called “Superboy” in the first place. In the cartoon given how little they’ve used Clark, I wouldn’t be surprised if Clark dies in Darkseid’s upcoming invasion and Conner becomes Superman like how Kaldur became Aquaman.
    I suspect Conner is even older than 18-19 (maybe 20 or more). I'm curious how the time pass in Gemworld.

In the first covers, Conner looks pretty young. However, after the revelation in YJ #3, Conner is drawing older.

Kon93

Toldja,but the next question is what to call SB.

Young justice he should change his name
    Titans keep the superboy
    DCAU keep the name

Now bring back the TTK

Titans and DCAMU he’s young enough, and has no competition for the name, that calling him “Superboy” still works fine. Heck in Titans we still haven’t even properly met him lol.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Toldja,but the next question is what to call SB.
    Based on his history in the comics, I'm partial to "Guardian", maybe with a palette swap to "Super Family" red-and-blue rather than Jim Harper's gold-and-blue for the costume, obviously an S-shield to the torso (helmet's optional).

"Samaritan" might have been a decent alternative if it wasn't tied up another franchise.

Based on the Young Justice cartoon, I'd be fine with "Power Man", with him returning to something like his "Project Kr" suit (which somewhat resembles Power Girl/Galatea), mirroring his fiancee's embracing of her past difficulties by taking a humanized White Martian form.

Mighty Member

Steel and Titan (because of TitanS) are already taken....because they would have been my first choices

My Mother-language is German so I would find it cool to just use the german translation of STEEL which is STAHL....but I dont think that it would work in English Issues.....7

Other Idea was: Phoenix (because he was death and came back....and you could give him a relationship with the Kryptonian God Flamebird-who is also basically a fire-dragon....
    So it would match the fire theme of Phoenix and because of his rebirth, you could also say that he rose from the ashes like the Phoenix did..Came back more powerful than ever...

I would like to see something with either a Metal (like copper,iron,Titans,steel.....) Eagle (because of America), Super-
    as Codename....

other Ideas are:

-Steel Eagle
    -Steelhammer
    -Stormhammer
    -Stormbreaker
    -Storm (is already used in Marvel, so I dont know)
    -Strike (in the sense of Attack.....)
    -Solar
    -Slayer
    -Superior
    -Supreme
    -Sunburst
    -Shield
    -Supersonic
    -Silver
    -Steel Core

Can't use Power Man - that's a Marvel hero. It was originally Luke Cage and is now former Mighty/New Avenger and current Champion Victor Alvarez. I know what you're thinking, a version of Supergirl became Power Girl, but it's just a no-go.

Storm and Phoenix are definitely impossible for the same reason (both are X-Men), as is Shield (Archie has a hero called that, plus there's Marvel's spy organisation).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-14-2019 at 07:54 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Steel and Titan (because of TitanS) are already taken....because they would have been my first choices

My Mother-language is German so I would find it cool to just use the german translation of STEEL which is STAHL....but I dont think that it would work in English Issues.....7

Other Idea was: Phoenix (because he was death and came back....and you could give him a relationship with the Kryptonian God Flamebird-who is also basically a fire-dragon....
    So it would match the fire theme of Phoenix and because of his rebirth, you could also say that he rose from the ashes like the Phoenix did..Came back more powerful than ever...

I would like to see something with either a Metal (like copper,iron,Titans,steel.....) Eagle (because of America), Super-
    as Codename....

other Ideas are:

-Steel Eagle
    -Steelhammer
    -Stormhammer
    -Stormbreaker - (already used in marvel, it's the hammer of beta-ray-bill and movie-thor)
    -Storm (is already used in Marvel, so I dont know)
    -Strike (in the sense of Attack.....)
    -Solar - a classic gold key character, the first Dr. Manhattan style hero
    -Slayer
    -Superior
    -Supreme - (already the name for Rob Liefeld's own superman-pastiche)
    -Sunburst
    -Shield
    -Supersonic
    -Silver
    -Steel Core
    If we're talking about Conner, then we had a fairly long discussion about this two or so years back - I myself am fairly partial to the name I myself came up with: SUPERNOVA!

It would still make it clear that Conner is a part of the super-family, and it would also harken back to his first comics, where he was in a "look at me!" -mode, of wanting to be a recognizable star. (superstars like movie-stars are sometimes called supernova's, if they are especially famous for the moment)

Plus, it also has the symmetry of being one of those previously unused old, forgotten identities of another hero! Like Nightwing was used before Dick Grayson took the mantle, so was Supernova a code-name that Superman used in a one-off story (later also used by Booster Gold in modern times).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernova_(comics)

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/World%27s_Finest_Vol_1_178

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Can't use Power Man - that's a Marvel hero. It was originally Luke Cage and is now former Mighty/New Avenger and current Champion Victor Alvarez. I know what you're thinking, a version of Supergirl became Power Girl, but it's just a no-go.

Storm and Phoenix are definitely impossible for the same reason (both are X-Men), as is Shield (Archie has a hero called that, plus there's Marvel's spy organisation).
    BESIDES we already had:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Boy

Power Boy who dated Kara (Supergirl)....

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    If we're talking about Conner, then we had a fairly long discussion about this two or so years back - I myself am fairly partial to the name I myself came up with: SUPERNOVA!

It would still make it clear that Conner is a part of the super-family, and it would also harken back to his first comics, where he was in a "look at me!" -mode, of wanting to be a recognizable star. (superstars like movie-stars are sometimes called supernova's, if they are especially famous for the moment)

Plus, it also has the symmetry of being one of those previously unused old, forgotten identities of another hero! Like Nightwing was used before Dick Grayson took the mantle, so was Supernova a code-name that Superman used in a one-off story (later also used by Booster Gold in modern times).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernova_(comics)

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/World%27s_Finest_Vol_1_178

Superman also tried once to get by "Supreme"....It was when Superboy had the rights of the Name Superman

https://superman.fandom.com/wiki/Sup...y_(Modern_Age)