Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    According to Wikipedia, Universal asked Colin Trevorrow if he wanted to make a short film for the franchise.
    I know, but why? Why Jurassic Park and not another franchise? Why, apparently, only JP? Why now, when it's not near a JP release?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I know, but why? Why Jurassic Park and not another franchise? Why, apparently, only JP? Why now, when it's not near a JP release?
    Why not JP? Why do we assume it is only JP and they won't do other shorts of other franchises later? And doesn't having something between releases help keep enthusiasm going?

No explanation to date as to the why. Tevorrow chose to use the project to help set up the next movie.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I think one major reason could be is that the Universal parks just revamped the ride a few months ago, and there's also the Netflix animated series coming.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think one major reason could be is that the Universal parks just revamped the ride a few months ago, and there's also the Netflix animated series coming.
    That would make more sense. I hadn't heard of either of these.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

The cartoon, a Netflix project called Camp Cretaceous, isn't coming out til next year and we don't know much about it, beyond being several teens getting lost in the Jurassic World wilderness during the chaos of the first film (and that it could somehow get more seasons if successful).
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Battle At Franchise Rock, more like.

Basically it's still the same basic water ride but with new sections, animatronics (Such as blue and the I Rex), and video (Such as the Mosasaurus and Owen Grady).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

That was pretty solid, definitely felt like classic Jurassic park to me

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That was pretty solid, definitely felt like classic Jurassic park to me
    Would like to see the family again in some capacity in the franchise going forward.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Would like to see the family again in some capacity in the franchise going forward.
    Nah, I prefer them being just a random one off - really nails home that going forward anyone can cross paths with dinosaurs whenever unexpectedly and it doesn't have to be a recurring cast who just has weird luck being a dino-magnet.

Apparently Universal is thrilled with the response and considering more shorts leading to JW3 as setup.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Nah, I prefer them being just a random one off - really nails home that going forward anyone can cross paths with dinosaurs whenever unexpectedly and it doesn't have to be a recurring cast who just has weird luck being a dino-magnet.
    Can see the point, although seeing the story included in future viral marketing would be nice (like how the DPG website for the last one expanded on lots of stuff from the previous movies).
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Apparently Universal is thrilled with the response and considering more shorts leading to JW3 as setup.
    I'd be down for more, and yeah I agree ,as much as the family instantly drew me in I think I'd prefer them to be a one off rather than a family who has terrible luck and gets attacked again.

iMan 42s

From what I understood of the project, Battle at Big rock was meant to premier in front of Hobbs and Shaw as a little extra and to continue hyping the JW line, but it got moved to it's own release due to a mixture of confidence and Universal having spent a good deal of money on this. More people of course would see it on FX and Youtube if they missed it as opposed to those who would see it in the theater.

The JW marketing initiative is meant to pick up the slack in between releases as JW3 is set to come out in 2021. Fallen Kingdom by comparison came out in 2018. Battle at Big Rock is entirely meant to keep the sales going due to the delay between releases.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.