Page 174 of 234 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Another month of solicits with no Wanda except on variant covers and/or covers of books she doesn't appear in.

I would say 2020 has to be better but I'm just too annoyed. With the possible exception of her solo, Marvel has mishandled the character over and over again since "Avengers vs. X-Men": in "Uncanny Avengers" she mostly fought with Rogue and decided Wonder Man was her true love for no reason; in "Secret Empire" she was possessed by someone else the entire event; in "No Road Home" she was OK but made no character progress whatsoever; and now she's been gone from the comics for months again with no prospect of her either repairing old relationships or developing new ones.

I know every fan has stories of their favorite character being mishandled, but I think this is something special.
    Yeah it's been very depressing. Not sure what's going on with it all.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

I once had a look at the Enchantress thread, they are most definitely more depressed then we are
    As for Wanda, I call 2020 already “The long night” (Andromeda Ascendant )

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah it's been very depressing. Not sure what's going on with it all.
    I mean, I would guess there was something she was going to be in that was either canceled or postponed. Even in the '00s that's what happened because she was supposed to come back in the "Young Avengers" story that eventually became "Children's Crusade."

If Bleeding Cool was right that there were plans to revive her family ties with Magneto that were put on hold, then it could be another tug-of-war between the Avengers and X-Men offices, who knows.

I hope NYCC will bring something like the No Road Home announcement last year but a) It might not and I don't want to be disappointed again b) Even if it does, until she's in an ongoing again, as far as I'm concerned she's still in limbo.

I mean, I would guess there was something she was going to be in that was either canceled or postponed. Even in the '00s that's what happened because she was supposed to come back in the "Young Avengers" story that eventually became "Children's Crusade."

If Bleeding Cool was right that there were plans to revive her family ties with Magneto that were put on hold, then it could be another tug-of-war between the Avengers and X-Men offices, who knows.

I hope NYCC will bring something like the No Road Home announcement last year but a) It might not and I don't want to be disappointed again b) Even if it does, until she's in an ongoing again, as far as I'm concerned she's still in limbo.
    That was a rumor though. We have no idea if it's actually true. It could just be that no one has any plans for her right now.

Extraordinary Member

Sure it's just a rumor, but until something happens, what else do we have to discuss? Anyway it's a rumor I think I believe, which is very different from saying it's true.

Of course even with all this, I'm not completely sorry Wanda and Pietro aren't involved in Hickman's X-Men (yet). They'd just get sucked into being second bananas to Magneto.

Magneto is almost the only character who overpowers Wanda, I don't mean in power levels, I mean in being the center of a story. Usually Wanda has a way of becoming the star of a story whether she was supposed to be or not, which may be one reason she doesn't get used more often, but definitely one reason she interests me so much. Maybe it's just that all that red causes the eye to go directly to her, I don't know, but if she walks into a comic she kind of takes over.

If she gets involved, will Wanda reject the X-men's sort of cult they have now.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I think she would, yeah. Can't see her deciding to live on Krakoa.

Sure it's just a rumor, but until something happens, what else do we have to discuss? Anyway it's a rumor I think I believe, which is very different from saying it's true.

Of course even with all this, I'm not completely sorry Wanda and Pietro aren't involved in Hickman's X-Men (yet). They'd just get sucked into being second bananas to Magneto.

Magneto is almost the only character who overpowers Wanda, I don't mean in power levels, I mean in being the center of a story. Usually Wanda has a way of becoming the star of a story whether she was supposed to be or not, which may be one reason she doesn't get used more often, but definitely one reason she interests me so much. Maybe it's just that all that red causes the eye to go directly to her, I don't know, but if she walks into a comic she kind of takes over.
    I don't think Mags has anything to do with her not being used. Or they'd have stopped using her long ago. Mags wasn't in her stories much, she's not in his. Avengers and X-Men get separated out so much that it sometimes feels like they are in a completely different universe. And not even movie related. It was way before that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't think Mags has anything to do with her not being used. Or they'd have stopped using her long ago. Mags wasn't in her stories much, she's not in his. Avengers and X-Men get separated out so much that it sometimes feels like they are in a completely different universe. And not even movie related. It was way before that.
    I didn't mean that Mags is the reason she's not being used now (unless there was some kind of conflict about whether to make her his daughter again, but like you said that's only a rumor). I just mean that even though I want her to appear in something, anything, I still don't miss her being Mags's daughter. Those stories just didn't interest me because they were never really about her, and that's unusual because Wanda has a way of making most stories about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    definitely, they were acting pretty weird in today's issue.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, it's recently rumored that two dead characters may return in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, as usual, people expect a lot of random people from it.
    I can see Pietro being in it if Donna Strange also appears, as that would illustrate the paralell between Stephen and Wanda.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Your post reminds me of another fan who loves Enchantress and her appearances have been very little for years.

I always thought Enchantress was Wanda's #1 for from early on, and should come back to fight Wanda regularly. But no such luck! Wanda is so much stronger these days and more skilled, Amora would be baffled at her abilities.
    Hela being in Ragnarok means she has become the go to Asgardian sorceress femme fatale, leaving Enchantress even more sidelined.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Another month of solicits with no Wanda except on variant covers and/or covers of books she doesn't appear in.

I would say 2020 has to be better but I'm just too annoyed. With the possible exception of her solo, Marvel has mishandled the character over and over again since "Avengers vs. X-Men": in "Uncanny Avengers" she mostly fought with Rogue and decided Wonder Man was her true love for no reason; in "Secret Empire" she was possessed by someone else the entire event; in "No Road Home" she was OK but made no character progress whatsoever; and now she's been gone from the comics for months again with no prospect of her either repairing old relationships or developing new ones.

I know every fan has stories of their favorite character being mishandled, but I think this is something special.
    I hear allot of Love Coming out of this post Gurkle and that is what I always have gotten from Wanda Fans, They Love her character so much they want the best for her. We really are not downers or pessimists, we are fans that really care about our lady and are proud of her journey and we want to see more ASAP, that is Love talking more then anything else.

Yea it is hard not to see Wanda in any upcoming books right now, but I think Marvel is so saturated with characters that can be holding her back for now. But Good Things come to those that wait like always and we got that this year with High Quality like "NO ROAD HOME" and Wanda in Avengers: Endgame!

I am willing to wait longer for our lady cause we know she is High Quality , So while we wait we should remember to appreciate the love she has already gotten this year and why those points alone still makes 2019 an Incredible year Wanda!

When I can I will go over the Major HIGHLIGHTS and some thoughts I had about 2019's Avengers: NO ROAD HOME, I felt Wanda has so EPIC Moments in that series we should remind ourselves about to know what quality can be and should be for Wanda!

I will get to that ASAP to share and more, Peace!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

She hasnt been face to face with Jean Grey since her resurrection.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    While I feel Wanda should no longer to tied down by the negatives of the past and should be able to and has moved on well from those moments of contention over HoM;

If Wanda did get involved in House of X's story I mostly would want to see her helping the Krakoa Nation in repowering more mutants like she started in Children's Crusade and mostly in the aftermath of AvX. As long as it is positive for Wanda's character and leads to growth with other X-Men characters positively, I be interested in that at least.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!