Page 102 of 161 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2405

Hey Wanda Maximoff has an appreciation thread but I'm not judging

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Hey Wanda Maximoff has an appreciation thread but I'm not judging
    So does Bishop

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    So does Bishop
    And He along with Selene and Proteus are allowed on Krakoa ...kinda telling who isn't welcome tho...
    GrindrStone(D)

I find this thread interesting in that it is an analysis unto itself.

There is a segment who feel absolutely threatened by what the X-Men have done. They have established a country, granted amnesty to everyone of their race who wants to join them regardless of background and history, they have manipulated the United Nations through trade contracts and some small amounts of mental manipulation to vote in favour of their nation status.

On the other side of the coin you have the humans who have built machines to kill mutants, drugs to kill mutants, created organizations to kill mutants, organizations to imprison mutants and experiment on them. Made plans for the world wide genocide of mutants, and the majority of the human population of Earth has stood idly by and done nothing, said nothing, pretended nothing was happening. Even the so called greatest heroes of the world have done absolutely nothing to help mutants.

With that in mind the mutants are creating their country and right now they are just in the beginning stages of establishing their infrastructure, defences, and offences. They already had to arrange a clandestine mission to take out a genocidal threat that the humans were building and intending to deploy against their nation.

They granted all the villains an amnesty, but I am sure several of them are being monitored. On the other hand there are several of these villains who really just wanted this all along, a mutant nation, and they will be happy to get that. Frenzy, Marrow, etc... Even Exodus for all his fanaticism just wants mutants to have a nation of their own. A lot of these villains will probably become productive members of the new society, some of them will bare close watching. Some of them may be too violent to let walk around unsupervised. I imagine that the punishment for hurting a mutant may be banishment, but the punishment for killing a mutant might be death.

I expect that the X-Men won't make a bold invasive move against another nation until they are first attacked. After another nation attacks them first they will inflict such a massive counterstroke against that country that everyone will realize what happens when you attack Krakoa. They will make an example out of the first country that openly attacks them, that is what I would do if I was in their shoes, I would make sure that the world knows if you declare war on Krakoa that they will bring the wrath of god down on you in ways that you could never even imagine.

Even as we speak in the Marvel Universe there are still human organizations and governments itching to get control of the Krakoa flowers and invade Krakoa. Someone will attack the island in Dawn of X and that will probably trigger the Phase 2 comics. Phase 1 will be the mutants mostly playing nice, but expanding their defences and their clandestine services branch.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    And He along with Selene and Proteus are allowed on Krakoa ...kinda telling who isn't welcome tho...
    Not sure how this is a rebuttal.

In any case, the comic itself makes it clear that the decision to invite villains is not shared by everyone. Wolverine is clearly dissatisfied. They are not a hive mind, they have dissension among them.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    But it's disturbing seeing people try and defend murders and rapists, even in a fictional format. It makes you womder how they would react in real life.

And I'm not sure you can compare Secret Invasion to this. The villains there did help defend the Earth, but the aftermath where many were given full amnesty wasn't shown to be a good thing.
    For the sake of this forum, and the story we're reading...how I react in real life is...objectively, absolutely none of your concern...none.
    And on that note...we've exhausted this particular digression.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

RachelGrey and PrezValentine speak...truths. Truths I agree with and adhere to. *applause*
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-21-2019 at 07:51 AM.

Another thing that bugs about this issue is the Morlocks, as in why are they lumped in with the villains? They aren't evil, I mean sure there are one or two bad eggs in the bunch but overall they are rather neutral if not the ones who best embodied the dream of coexistance. I mean when M-Day hit Marrow let former mutants into her people and protected them and during the M Pox situation she let human families be a part of hers so seeing them there with the villains (especially Sinister, who orchastrated the Massacre) and separating themselves from humanity is kind of sad, to me at least.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Another thing that bugs about this issue is the Morlocks, as in why are they lumped in with the villains? They aren't evil, I mean sure there are one or two bad eggs in the bunch but overall they are rather neutral if not the ones who best embodied the dream of coexistance. I mean when M-Day hit Marrow let former mutants into her people and protected them and during the M Pox situation she let human families be a part of hers so seeing them there with the villains (especially Sinister, who orchastrated the Massacre) and separating themselves from humanity is kind of sad, to me at least.
    All mutants are equal, but some mutants are more equal than others.

BANNED

Now that they have decided not to be heroes, my main wish for the Hickman run is for none of my faves to be character-assassinated in any way that lasts beyond this run.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I find this thread interesting in that it is an analysis unto itself.

There is a segment who feel absolutely threatened by what the X-Men have done. They have established a country, granted amnesty to everyone of their race who wants to join them regardless of background and history, they have manipulated the United Nations through trade contracts and some small amounts of mental manipulation to vote in favour of their nation status.

On the other side of the coin you have the humans who have built machines to kill mutants, drugs to kill mutants, created organizations to kill mutants, organizations to imprison mutants and experiment on them. Made plans for the world wide genocide of mutants, and the majority of the human population of Earth has stood idly by and done nothing, said nothing, pretended nothing was happening. Even the so called greatest heroes of the world have done absolutely nothing to help mutants.

With that in mind the mutants are creating their country and right now they are just in the beginning stages of establishing their infrastructure, defences, and offences. They already had to arrange a clandestine mission to take out a genocidal threat that the humans were building and intending to deploy against their nation.

They granted all the villains an amnesty, but I am sure several of them are being monitored. On the other hand there are several of these villains who really just wanted this all along, a mutant nation, and they will be happy to get that. Frenzy, Marrow, etc... Even Exodus for all his fanaticism just wants mutants to have a nation of their own. A lot of these villains will probably become productive members of the new society, some of them will bare close watching. Some of them may be too violent to let walk around unsupervised. I imagine that the punishment for hurting a mutant may be banishment, but the punishment for killing a mutant might be death.

I expect that the X-Men won't make a bold invasive move against another nation until they are first attacked. After another nation attacks them first they will inflict such a massive counterstroke against that country that everyone will realize what happens when you attack Krakoa. They will make an example out of the first country that openly attacks them, that is what I would do if I was in their shoes, I would make sure that the world knows if you declare war on Krakoa that they will bring the wrath of god down on you in ways that you could never even imagine.

Even as we speak in the Marvel Universe there are still human organizations and governments itching to get control of the Krakoa flowers and invade Krakoa. Someone will attack the island in Dawn of X and that will probably trigger the Phase 2 comics. Phase 1 will be the mutants mostly playing nice, but expanding their defences and their clandestine services branch.

Perfectly said lol.

On top of all that, they've seen their race die 9 times now.
    Like, come on.

Someone really had the nerve to compare them to North Korea.

Well 15% of the North Korean population were bombed to death by the USA in the 1950s. It just doesn't get talked about.

That's about 1.2 million people wiped out in a flash from the result of direct war.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Well 15% of the North Korean population were bombed to death by the USA in the 1950s. It just doesn't get talked about.

That's about 1.2 million people wiped out in a flash from the result of direct war.
    Krakoa isn't threatening to bomb other countries though.

Also Xavier isn't nearly as fat as Kim Jong un

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Now that they have decided not to be heroes, my main wish for the Hickman run is for none of my faves to be character-assassinated in any way that lasts beyond this run.
    You can keep saying that, I just want you to know that it isn't true and you keep repeating it over and over doesn't make any more true. I love when people confronted by stuff that are grey nature leap to call it evil. If a kid is bullied every day by a group of kids for a year and the kid does nothing for a whole year just takes it them hit and spitting on him or her for a whole year. Then finally the kid take a bat and shatter the legs one of the people who is bullying is that kid who hit the person with a bat evil? I am not trying to change people minds of anything but if you are going omg the X-men are evil or not heroes now that isn't the full picture. It isn't simply just one thing good or bad.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-21-2019 at 09:22 AM.