Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Daimon Hellstrom worked for Hydra too, and the Avengers keep letting him hang around
    Did he? Or did his dark soul doppleganger?

I dont think that was ever cleared up
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Did he? Or did his dark soul doppleganger?

I dont think that was ever cleared up
    "I wasn't the one to join the neo-Nazi occult group, that was my evil double! Also that's not my illegitimate daughter, she's his."

This is why Krakoa doesn't want doubles

Favourite panels...
    x1.jpg
    x2.jpg
    x3.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I know this run doesn't care much with continuity but Magneto has been written in a more nuanced manner in the past. Several times he has been seduced by Charles Xavier's more pacifist approach, not daring to completely believe in his friend's dream but Magneto's convictions never have been very "monolithic". In my point of view, he considered himself as an necessary counterpart of Charles Xavier's too soft views.

But… when he is in his "macho man persona", he tends to irritate me a bit too…
    Agreed

I think the timing is what makes this scene and Magneto´s actitude different, one thing is if Krakoa was created before Genosha and Xavier wasn´t killed in the first month of their creation, then maybe their approach would be different, the problem is that Genosha´s destruction already happened and Xavier was killed in a month after Krakoa´s creation, giving Magneto´s old pov more credibility than Xavier´s.

It makes sense the fact they are avoiding a direct war with humanity they know now for a fact it only leads to mutual destruction, Homo novissima and the coming of the phalanx, they will go then with the economic war and influence which is actually the way some nations operate even in our days, in fact national power is often calculated in terms of how much influence a country has over other countries based on economic and political power, Magneto said it in harsh terms but it´s really what often happens in the real world between nations. I liked the Wakandan pov when he said all of them are there for their national well being, he was just being honest.

My only problem with Magneto this issue was that he came off as too direct it´s in character but he can be more subtle.

On the situation of the bad guys I don´t think they are being given free reign to do whatever they want, imo the X-men actitude with them seems to be clear if you want to keep your place in Krakoa these are the rules and if you break them face the consequences, otherwise you can keep living your life. Imo it´s a double edged Sword, Mr Sinister is going to cause trouble mostly because he´s bored, probably planned to betray the X-men anyway, and has always wanted to have powerful mutant´s DNA but he´s now operating in an area where he can be detected by Xavier or someone else in the case he goes rogue, while Apocalypse who in some senses is worse than Sinister, can recognize an oportunity for change when he sees it, at least Hickman´s Apocalypse can see Krakoa´s potential for mutants and himself.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 01-01-2020 at 02:53 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Did he bring his own xx large cup or did they have one for him at the summit?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Did he bring his own xx large cup or did they have one for him at the summit?

See, when he says stuff like that my instinctive response is just "Well fuck you too, Brad."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    See, when he says stuff like that my instinctive response is just "Well fuck you too, Brad."
    I don’t know, I think the human was being overly familiar.

“Oh, Charles, Oh Erik, thank you so very much blah blah blah”

•|Å|• doesn’t go for all that gushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I disagree. The positives of what Krakoa holds as well as the promises that have already been delivered on outweigh a petty attempt to usurp control. What will imprisonment do for them? They would just break out and wreak havoc on their aggressors. •—[A]—• seems that mutants have taken the necessary steps to align with what he now believes, and his philosophy is a bit different than his standard “strongest should survive.” Selene and Emplate are being fed instead of constantly starved and Sinister is still being given room to experiment.

•—[A]—• is given a position alongside Xavier and Magneto because it gives him a voice. Same with Mystique, Exodus, and Sinister. If they felt they weren’t being paid attention to them it would spell even more trouble like we’ve seen on Utopia. And they aren’t the only ones in control, we clearly see that Storm, Marvel Girl, Nightcrawler, White Queen, Captain Kate, Xavier, Cypher, Cyclops, Bishop, Magik, Forge, Sage, Trinary, Wolverine, and Beast are being given positions of enormous power as well.
    Exactly! Some readers want the same infighting like before. Krakoa wouldn’t be thriving as it is without trying to unify all mutants and giving them voices. If Xavier tried something like Krakoa with just the “good mutants,” they would have gotten folded.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I don’t know, I think the human was being overly familiar.

“Oh, Charles, Oh Erik, thank you so very much blah blah blah”

•|Å|• doesn’t go for all that gushing.
    Well, so? So the guy doesn't worship the ground he walks on; big deal? Not everybody's gonna. He was being civil and Brad's just being an arse in response. (Not saying it's not in character for him by the way, just calling him on it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed

I think the timing is what makes this scene and Magneto´s actitude different, one thing is if Krakoa was created before Genosha and Xavier wasn´t killed in the first month of their creation, then maybe their approach would be different, the problem is that Genosha´s destruction already happened and Xavier was killed in a month after Krakoa´s creation, giving Magneto´s old pov more credibility than Xavier´s.

It makes sense the fact they are avoiding a direct war with humanity they know now for a fact it only leads to mutual destruction, Homo novissima and the coming of the phalanx, they will go then with the economic war and influence which is actually the way some nations operate even in our days, in fact national power is often calculated in terms of how much influence a country has over other countries based on economic and political power, Magneto said it in harsh terms but it´s really what often happens in the real world between nations. I liked the Wakandan pov when he said all of them are there for their national well being, he was just being honest.

My only problem with Magneto this issue was that he came off as too direct it´s in character but he can be more subtle.

On the situation of the bad guys I don´t think they are being given free reign to do whatever they want, imo the X-men actitude with them seems to be clear if you want to keep your place in Krakoa these are the rules and if you break them face the consequences, otherwise you can keep living your life. Imo it´s a double edged Sword, Mr Sinister is going to cause trouble mostly because he´s bored, probably planned to betray the X-men anyway, and has always wanted to have powerful mutant´s DNA but he´s now operating in an area where he can be detected by Xavier or someone else in the case he goes rogue, while Apocalypse who in some senses is worse than Sinister, can recognize an oportunity for change when he sees it, at least Hickman´s Apocalypse can see Krakoa´s potential for mutants and himself.
    Yes. The villains aren’t just running around wrecking havoc. Not out in the open anyway *cough* Sinister. Gorgon’s scene shows he’s a believer and that he’s still dangerous. He’s not a good guy, but he’s following the rules. I’m sure Xavier and the like would rather have everyone working towards a common goal than mutants like Selene, Apoc, and Gorgon doing their normal business.

In a nutshell it’s “Hey, go get your teeth kicked in by Gorgon,” or “accompany Gorgon to protect our mutant leaders.”

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Well, so? So the guy doesn't worship the ground he walks on; big deal? Not everybody's gonna. He was being civil and Brad's just being an arse in response. (Not saying it's not in character for him by the way, just calling him on it.)
    That's the thing for me, it is very in character as you said so I see it as fine. One of his fellow leaders was killed a short time ago, after only a month of Krakoa being announced. I can understand •-[A]-• not really wanting to breathe the same air as humans.

And though it was only Marshall that seemed to plan the attack, the others in the room didn't exactly jump up and reprimand his attempt.

BUT I do appreciate them inviting the Krakoans to somewhat better understand where they are coming from. Until de Cezare decided to attempt a dig at Erik for quoting a "human writer". That's when it really started to get tense.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

I LOVED Magneto and Gorgon in this issue. Also Charles was a delight to read. My favorite issue of X-Men so far
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

I enjoyed these panels.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

has Marshall ever heard the term “don’t s€&t where you eat”?

Literally, in this case

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

I enjoyed these panels.
    There are declarations of love a bit… warmer.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe