Page 238 of 772 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288338738 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Marauders was good! Funny witty and just plain wholesome but vauge on details.
    I'm eating good this morning. lol. Got damn that art on Marauders was beautiful. The story with lash was so beautiful. Storm really is an every woman. lol. You never have to make up an emotion with her. lol. I mean you do of course, but she is just so complex.

The funny part is people imo don't give him enough credit but for me Duggan has been the rebirth of Storm. Reminding everyone who she is as a character and now it's time. And when i say rebirth i mean the more you write her like her i truly believe other writers can't help but to want to explore that. For a character to have such prominence and so much room for story still is a testament the strength of her character.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-05-2021 at 05:24 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm eating good this morning. lol. Got damn that art on Marauders was beautiful. The story with lash was so beautiful. Storm really is an every woman. lol. You never have to make up an emotion with her. lol. I mean you do of course, but she is just so complex.

The funny part is people imo don't give him enough credit but for me Duggan has been the rebirth of Storm. Reminding everyone who she is as a character and now it's time. And when i say rebirth i mean the more you write her like her i truly believe other writers can't help but to want to explore that. For a character to have such prominence and so much room for story still is a testament the strength of her character.
    I’m gonna have to take a loooong lunch break at work today cause y’all have got me hyped to read these issues!

BANNED

Yh it was very nice but it would have much impactful if storm was more present in the series. It felt like a sendoff fit for storm but storm was hardly there throughout the series the book was and still is a kate and Emma story. But what saves it is that storm is already held in such reverence that she elevates it's tone and quality the art also helps. Just now hoping that we can get the announcement soon. Also you can't spoil this book there is nothing to spoil.

Please private message me about the man thing and what storm does I am not buying that book so might as well just hear from a fellow fan what our queen did.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 05-05-2021 at 06:01 AM.

Yh it was very nice but it would have much impactful if storm was more present in the series. It felt like a sendoff fit for storm but storm was hardly there throughout the series the book was and still is a kate and Emma story. But what saves it is that storm is already held in such reverence that she elevates it's tone and quality the art also helps. Just now hoping that we can get the announcement soon. Also you can't spoil this book there is nothing to spoil.

Please private message me about the man thing and what storm does I am not buying that book so might as well just hear from a fellow fan what our queen did.
    Not really a spoiler i think but there is not like some single huge feat or anything. Just specifically finding out she is a God of spoilers:
    Storm
    end of spoilers but what i loved is how every character came off sounding good and you could see the power storm commands in the main marvel universe and the characters know she has that prominence. When Tony Stark doesn't want to get on someone's bad side you know they bring power to the table. She came off as a leader amongst leaders.

spoilers:
    Attachment 109250
    end of spoilers

I love how she is coming into her OWN power into the MU and not having to be with someone to build that. I also love it because we were just talking about the scene in here the other day when Xavier was acting like her marriage would give her prominence and mutant/human relations. It's like no, our girl got this one. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    IÂ’m gonna have to take a loooong lunch break at work today cause yÂ’all have got me hyped to read these issues!
    It was good. Especially Marauders. But damn if i'm not feening for more dark riders. Orlando really writes a good marrow. She's like a fun wolverine.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Not really a spoiler i think but there is not like some single huge feat or anything. Just specifically finding out she is a God of spoilers:
    Storm
    end of spoilers but what i loved is how every character came off sounding good and you could see the power storm commands in the main marvel universe and the characters know she has that prominence. When Tony Stark doesn't want to get on someone's bad side you know they bring power to the table. She came off as a leader amongst leaders.
    Ohhhhhhh yep I know that's right!

Fantastic Member

I read the Marauders issue. It was lacking in feats but it did have some quality character development showing how respected she is and how diplomatic she can be. Nothing we didn’t already know.

They had a perfect opportunity to have her calm the waves which were clearly bothering Emma but Storm just ignored it

Last edited by Idiopop; 05-05-2021 at 07:13 AM.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    I read the Marauders issue. It was lacking in feats but it did have some quality character development showing how respected she is and how diplomatic she can be. Nothing we didn’t already know.

They had a perfect opportunity to have her calm the waves which were clearly bothering Emma but Storm just ignored it

You literally can't spoil the issue it was that factual. Storm is badass and everyone must bow end of story!

Fantastic Member

Its already released
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Ohhhhhhh yep I know that's right!
    Low key the fanboy in me was like see, he (orlando) just came in here and showed how easy it would have been for 3 people to get rid of that terrigen cloud (it was the same color but on a larger scale), if even needed. No one can ever tell me that wasn't some mandate. I said it then and i will say it now, well played x-team, they played the red headed step child years very well. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    I read the Marauders issue. It was lacking in feats but it did have some quality character development showing how respected she is and how diplomatic she can be. Nothing we didnÂ’t already know.

I loved it, this is an issue i actually think if i was like a collector i would want to collect. I actually did have the thought about Storm maybe doing something about calming the storm and then i thought "for one person." i have been boating many times and sometimes there is nothing better than that rocky water you get sometimes. It seemed like it would be trivial and almost an abuse of power to just calm the sea for that reason imo.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Low key the fanboy in me was like see, he (orlando) just came in here and showed how easy it would have been for 3 people to get rid of that terrigen cloud (it was the same color but on a larger scale), if even needed. No one can ever tell me that wasn't some mandate. I said it then and i will say it now, well played x-team, they played the red headed step child years very well. lol
    Ikr! like the foolishness from IvX is one that I banish in the name of Jesus! May it not touch x property again!

Good issue. Here are my guesses as to where Storms going:

1. To the Stars via sword or something else

2. To the Avengers

3. Her own X-Men team

4. Back to Wakanda

5. Solo all over the globe

I think 1 & 3 have the best odds.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

haven't read the issues yet but will give my thoughts when I do
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ikr! like the foolishness from IvX is one that I banish in the name of Jesus! May it not touch x property again!
    From your mouth. lol. I also loved how if you look at the issue of Cure of the ManThing: X-men it really sets storm's status in the MU which felt good. They had tchalla thank bast. They had thor and storm recognize each other as gods in their own right, thunder and storm. It was very low key subliminal but they cut a clear line imo where she is. this is what SHE brought to the table without the "status" people think she need. This is the storm i want to see, if i want romance i'll buy a romance novel. But again that is just me, the last thing i buy a comic for is romance.

Though that's not to say i can't enjoy it.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I feel like Storm was pretty present in the series. Certainly not as much as Kitty and Emma, but she's definitely done way more than Iceman, Pyro, and Bishop. She had three focus issues (#13, #17, #20), a big part in #14-15 for X of Swords, and a big part in the Kitty resurrection storyline, especially #8. Especially given the fact that Duggan has said he was limited with what he could do with Storm while she was shared with the BP office that's pretty good. Compared to Bishop who has had a few good moments, Pyro who has had like three scenes, and Iceman who has done literally nothing in 20 issues, that's pretty good.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

From your mouth. lol. I also loved how if you look at the issue of Cure of the ManThing: X-men it really sets storm's status in the MU which felt good. They had tchalla thank bast. They had thor and storm recognize each other as gods in their own right, thunder and storm. It was very low key subliminal but they cut a clear line imo where she is. this is what SHE brought to the table without the "status" people think she need. This is the storm i want to see, if i want romance i'll buy a romance novel. But again that is just me, the last thing i buy a comic for is romance.

Though that's not to say i can't enjoy it.
    you can thank Mr. Coates for the god part! His legacy thrives!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!