Page 11 of 325 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    You may want to check out the upcoming DC Convergence mini series that are revisiting the future of the pre-52 DCU...I know there will be a Stephanie Brown/Batgirl series featuring Tim Drake/Red Robin & Cassandra Cain/Black Bat...and there's also going to be an Oracle & Nightwing series by Gail Simone so I wouldn't be surprised if Black Canary shows up there.

I don't bother with ANY Nu52 DC (and probably never will) so it's only out of continuity DC stuff for me now (really dig the Injustice Gods Among Us books) but I'm going to have to check out these convergence books for a real DC fix.
    Yeah I have heard about that one. It's sadly unknown what this means for Cass Cain.
    Will she be finally made part of Nu52 or not?
    Im not that much into it but did hear a few talking about that there seems to be some agenda going on against her by the higher ups in DC for unknown reasons.
    It's funny. I do get the impression that the editors from Marvel are a bit to lax while on the DC side they seem be really overzealous.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Yeah I have heard about that one. It's sadly unknown what this means for Cass Cain.
    Will she be finally made part of Nu52 or not?
    Im not that much into it but did hear a few talking about that there seems to be some agenda going on against her by the higher ups in DC for unknown reasons.
    It's funny. I do get the impression that the editors from Marvel are a bit to lax while on the DC side they seem be really overzealous.
    Convergence probably won't affect Nu52 at all...I think it's just revisiting the past versions (if it sells, maybe they'll do more)...but I'm fine with that because I don't give a **** about the Nu52 (still think it was unnecessary and, in most cases, inferior) and would rather her character not get screwed up by introducing her for the first time when she would never be allowed to be Batgirl at all.

I think the editors at DC and Marvel are both very strict on certain things and very lazy when it comes to others...I don't think it's an all or nothing kind of thing.

Spectacular Member Lycaon pictus's Avatar

People wearing headphones, singing out loud

BANNED

Off topic thread awesomeness!

BANNED

X-men comics need a facelift -____- There's like nothing worth reading right now. Other than X-Force and some solo titles. Get wardrobe in here too to fix the mess. Everyone's got random squares and triangle cutouts ugh, what is this, eric glennie s/s 15.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    X-men comics need a facelift -____- There's like nothing worth reading right now. Other than X-Force and some solo titles. Get wardrobe in here too to fix the mess. Everyone's got random squares and triangle cutouts ugh, what is this, eric glennie s/s 15.
    I agree. There aren't any books that I hate, but there also aren't any books that I actively look forward to every month. Let's bring in Mike Carey and Chris Claremont as co-Chief Creative Officers in the X-department.

Q3ljbG9wcyBpcyByaWdodA== hqt4991's Avatar

Chris Claremont is the last thing the X-books need right now. Forever and The End are nothing short of disasters, and frankly, without the nostalgia, I'm hardly impressed by his works in the 80s.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hqt4991 View Post
    Chris Claremont is the last thing the X-books need right now. Forever and The End are nothing short of disasters, and frankly, without the nostalgia, I'm hardly impressed by his works in the 80s.
    He's the only creator to write Cyclops correctly - a marginal figure to the x franchise.

I was bored, whatever.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Q3ljbG9wcyBpcyByaWdodA== hqt4991's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    He's the only creator to write Cyclops correctly - a marginal figure to the x franchise.
    If it doesn't fit your headcanon, it's wrong. 'kay.

How do you convince your boss to spend $2k on a half decent backup system?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    And Kitty should have stayed in the bullet. What kind of grand denouement to the Whedon run is that when it's so easily revoked?
    That is a trend that drives me insane. A prior writer takes all the time to craft a story and make it count (usually toward one character in particular) and the next guy comes in and within issues undoes all the significance. While I don't think she would have ever stayed in a traveling bullet forever, it did get reversed just a little too quickly, and for no apparent reason in the scheme of it all based on when it occurred. If in the future they wanted to return her they could have just had Wanda rewrite history or say "Yttik emoc tuo rouy tellub lrug".
    Like in UXF when Remender took his time to work on Psylocke and really bring her to her peak (IMO), the main crux of the story was her battle with Shadow King and finally besting him in battle. The way he capped the SK business was a unique and thoughtful way (and the second time Psylocke has "permanently" defeated him...and then Claremont returns to NC, cannot think of another villain and pulls him back out. The first thing he does is jobs Psylocke and has Shadow King wipe her out before a battle can even begin

BANNED

Just sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    My 15 copies of Storm #4!

And please no negative comments. I'm just really happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    That is a trend that drives me insane. A prior writer takes all the time to craft a story and make it count (usually toward one character in particular) and the next guy comes in and within issues undoes all the significance. While I don't think she would have ever stayed in a traveling bullet forever, it did get reversed just a little too quickly, and for no apparent reason in the scheme of it all based on when it occurred. If in the future they wanted to return her they could have just had Wanda rewrite history or say "Yttik emoc tuo rouy tellub lrug".
    Like in UXF when Remender took his time to work on Psylocke and really bring her to her peak (IMO), the main crux of the story was her battle with Shadow King and finally besting him in battle. The way he capped the SK business was a unique and thoughtful way (and the second time Psylocke has "permanently" defeated him...and then Claremont returns to NC, cannot think of another villain and pulls him back out. The first thing he does is jobs Psylocke and has Shadow King wipe her out before a battle can even begin
    Isn't it the job of an editor to keep stuff like that in check?
    "This is me being reasonable"

BANNED

I want Squirrel Girl to join the all female X-men team!

BANNED

Bucky Barnes, Sam Wilson and Steve Rogers by Kevin Wada