Page 26 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

There were some interesting ideas in Bendis' YJ but the constantly moving from one random event to another, lack of character development or really in-depth character interactions beyond "Hey, we love you! Let's hug and shout our names!" and just spotty developments in general just soured me on it.

It's fun enough to read and I liked the TimxSteph content but I just didn't find it very memorable.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I don't necessarily disagree, but I don't mind a fun comic that just gives me nice fanservice fluff for my favorite characters every now and then. That was YJ for me. And I miss it. I'm not really getting something that hits quite that note for me. Though this week has given me a shot in the arm for comics, with Black Adam, Fables, Flash, and the Perry White one shot!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree, but I don't mind a fun comic that just gives me nice fanservice fluff for my favorite characters every now and then. That was YJ for me. And I miss it. I'm not really getting something that hits quite that note for me. Though this week has given me a shot in the arm for comics, with Black Adam, Fables, Flash, and the Perry White one shot!
    Yeah, I get that...it's just I appreciate getting some meat with my fluff, yeah? And some more relationship/character building. It just didn't quite live up to being a comeback for YJ in my opinion.

Well, to be fair, I never read the original YJ, so I had nothing I was really comparing it to.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Well, to be fair, I never read the original YJ, so I had nothing I was really comparing it to.
    It's worth checking out .

I don't think it's for me. I don't like 99% of team books.

I don't think it's for me. I don't like 99% of team books.
    Oh, well...that's fair. But I think it's still a really good book .

Most do! I just think it's not for me. I've read the issues where Steph shows up, and still don't get why Secret hates her so much. Sigh.

Mighty Member

Most do! I just think it's not for me. I've read the issues where Steph shows up, and still don't get why Secret hates her so much. Sigh.

It's because Secret has a crush on Robin and Steph is his girlfriend so.........

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Conner played a big role not just in Young Justice but also in Superman or Action (I forget which, or maybe both) - working with Clark, Jon and Kara. If I recall correctly, Clark didn't know who Conner was, but they got to know each other.

This wasn't very long ago at all. It was just before Future State.

If Bendis's run isn't canon, then Jon is still a kid and Clark still has a secret identity!
    No I meant just Young Justice and the stories related to them. Jon's growing up and Leviathan we know for sure happened.
    Clark not knowing Conner doesn't make sense anyway when he's been living with the Kents before disappearing. While Tim's memory needs to be jogged by Zatanna, Bart recognized him immediately.

The whole not remembering thing is part of them fixing the timeline's that's lost by Manhattan's meddling. It should all be done with post Death Metal. The current timeline should be clean with no missing memory. Whether Conner's missing to Gemworld or not, everyone who knows him should remember him, especially since now everyone knows who Young Justice are, Infinite Crisis happened, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    No I meant just Young Justice and the stories related to them. Jon's growing up and Leviathan we know for sure happened.
    Clark not knowing Conner doesn't make sense anyway when he's been living with the Kents before disappearing. While Tim's memory needs to be jogged by Zatanna, Bart recognized him immediately. The whole not remembering thing is part of them fixing the timeline's that's lost by Manhattan's meddling. It should all be over now. The current timeline should be a straight line.
    Bendis kind of was all over the place in terms of figuring out Conners' continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    What were the the other mistakes? Also she included this:

https://external-preview.redd.it/xIp...=webp&408bbe8a

Yeah...........

I'm sure it's just a coincidence she is ignoring Bendis YJ.........
    Cassie says that Conner doesn't know she had a relationship with Tim when he was dead, but that was discussed in Adventure Comics before Flashpoint. The team getting Young Justice alerts before the Mighty Endowed fight, when originally they weren't called Young Justice until after that fight (in the original YJ origin, a reporter called them a Young Justice League, after they insist they're not the Teen Titans). Cassie shows up at that fight even though she wasn't there in the original story, and in the wrong costume too - her costume is her second one with the pigtails and goggles, instead of her first with the black wig and glasses that she should have had in that time period. And none of these make the boys suspicious, they treat it like that's how it should be. Tim should've known something was amiss as soon as he realised what time period they were in.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Let's hope that the new Round Robin Superboy: Man of Tomorrow miniseries gets some of it straightened out!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Clark not knowing Conner doesn't make sense anyway when he's been living with the Kents before disappearing. While Tim's memory needs to be jogged by Zatanna, Bart recognized him immediately.

The whole not remembering thing is part of them fixing the timeline's that's lost by Manhattan's meddling. It should all be done with post Death Metal. The current timeline should be clean with no missing memory. Whether Conner's missing to Gemworld or not, everyone who knows him should remember him, especially since now everyone knows who Young Justice are, Infinite Crisis happened, and so on.
    I think it's been written during Infinite Frontier that different people regained different amounts of memory.

Civilians too now know the multiverse exists, but I'm not going to speculate about what they remember!

It's all very convenient, as writers can mold stories however they want.

At first I thought this was great, "everything happened" rather than trying to create a single timeline where only some specific things happened (which would always leave some readers disappointed), but now I think it's creating too much confusion and isn't working. It makes everything a kind of Elseworld.

Maybe Williamson is going to try to fix things, but is he the one genius that has a solution when everyone else has failed for decades?

I think his job is to move the pieces to the endpoint that DC has predetermined. By the time he gets there, though, they will have changed their minds, even without considering likely management changes thanks to the Discovery merger.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    I think it's been written during Infinite Frontier that different people regained different amounts of memory.
    I guess you can count current continuity memory too... I was thinking that only applies to past continuity memory that was set in Death Metal, but now that I think about it, since Rebirth is about people forgetting how they used to be before the reboot, it does count