• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I agree here. Again i know they are all psionic however it shouldn't be concluded they are the same, which is what some have said. A telepathy and/or telekinetic don't visualize the things the manipulate in the way storm does, nor are they connected in the same way. My only point has been to highlight they are different.
    Lets not forget how Storm can automatically draw spiritual and physical sustence just from being in the presence of a lot of life energies: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/TA1J3mXX9Mx...xMFVdjnu=s1600

This goes well beyond things like TP/TK.

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    You are being too restrictive of Ororo's powers. Her powers are much deeper than that of a TP/TK as I have proven in my posts.
    You are being too nonsensical. Storm's power is fundamentally psionic. There is no debate there. It is similar to tp/tk, in that she can extend her mind to join with the universes's mind(like tp), can extend her mind across distances to effect change(the very definition of tk). Some psions can communicate with animals. Some can communicate with only humans. Some can only commune with rocks, or water, or fire, or plants. Storm communes with all life and the forces of creation.

I would go further and say that if she wanted to, she could actually learn to do anything a telepath could do by becoming attuned to the neurons of another and imposing her will into their synapses, and anything a telekin could do by grabbing ahold of the very electrons of a thing. This is the fundamental connection between her psionic abilities and the psionic abilities of others.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Dude, that page you posted originally by Paul Smith says she has to reestablish the "physical and PSYCHIC connections with her mother world".

Storm's power is fundamentally psionic. It is different from pure telepathy/telekinesis, but they are fundamentally similar. Read the Science of the X-Men. Storm is grouped in the psionic category with Jean and Prof X, its just that her psionic abilities are focused on the natural world. She is mentally connected to the universe, and through that connection she is able to visualize and manipulate its fundamental forces.
    Yet, you ignore the PHYSICAL part of the scan before the PSYCHIC part, which you highlighted. Also, Science of the X-Men was not a good description of Ororo's powers at all. It did not take into consideration the "mystical-esque" aspect of her powers that bond her to the universal life force around her. Her powers cannot be explained away completely by science because of this. Furthermore, Science of the X-Men made her a telekinetic, which is very far from the truth. Storm does not control the forces of nature in an indirect way like a telekinetic who indirectly moves chairs around via their TK. Ororo controls the forces of nature directly, hence, certain barriers that can impede telekinsis do not hinder Ororo's control over the elements. Invisible Woman's force-field is an example of this.

That said, she is physically AND spiritually connected to the universe.

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Oh wow that was a nice page. I should check out more of the Evolution comics.
    Yeah, I was never a big fan of that show, but this comic was extremely well executed. There's only 9 issues.

BANNED

I know this isn't exactly canon, but as a metaphor for the similarities between their powers, it works quite nicely.

Love the conversation.

BANNED

You are being too nonsensical. Storm's power is fundamentally psionic. There is no debate there. It is similar to tp/tk, in that she can extend her mind to join with the universes's mind(like tp), can extend her mind across distances to effect change(the very definition of tk). Some psions can communicate with animals. Some can communicate with only humans. Some can only commune with rocks, or water, or fire, or plants. Storm communes with all life and the forces of creation.

I would go further and say that if she wanted to, she could actually learn to do anything a telepath could do by becoming attuned to the neurons of another and imposing her will into their synapses, and anything a telekin could do by grabbing ahold of the very electrons of a thing. This is the fundamental connection between her psionic abilities and the psionic abilities of others.
    I agree with you that she could imitate the feats of a TP/TK, but again, she would be doing so in her own way. She would be controlling the molecular, atomic, and subatomic structure of matter directly by controlling the electrons themselves. We have actually seen her do a few feats like this. A powerful enough TK (it would take a near Phoenix Force-wielding TK to go down to subatomic manipulation of matter) would have to control the subatomic particles indirectly via TK manipulation. See the difference? Storm's doesn't need to use TK to manipulate matter as she has direct control over its subatomic components. A TK has to control those same components via TK. Storm has a spiritual and physical connection to these things on a level that TPs/TKs can't touch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

I want the third image to be an official Storm costume.

Agreed with the first part. I think Storm's powers are both are a mix of psionic and empathic control/connection. I don't agree with the second part and hope she never gains that ability.

Lets not forget how Storm can automatically draw spiritual and physical sustence just from being in the presence of a lot of life energies: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/TA1J3mXX9Mx...xMFVdjnu=s1600

This goes well beyond things like TP/TK.
    Shadow King once healed his host body with pure tp(after lil' Storm blasted him with lightning). And no, she doesn't do that automatically, she has to do it consciously(otherwise she would never get tired, grow old, or get injured).

Agreed with the first part. I think Storm's powers are both are a mix of psionic and empathic control/connection. I don't agree with the second part and hope she never gains that ability.
    Empathy is just a specific psionic ability.

As for the second part, Claremont already laid out that possibility when he said she can trace people's neurons and react to their thoughts before their bodies can move. She would have to teach herself the vocabulary of the mind, translate the electrical information into words and images, but she's basically a living EEG.

BANNED

Shadow King once healed his host body with pure tp(after lil' Storm blasted him with lightning). And no, she doesn't do that automatically, she has to do it consciously(otherwise she would never get tired, grow old, or get injured).
    Go back and reread that scan. When Storm entered the galactic core, that sudden influx of life energies automatically reversed the Brood transformation. That influx of life energies came to her automically while she was writhing on the floor in the thoes of that metamorphasis"

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/TA1J3mXX9Mx...xMFVdjnu=s1600

She did not summon that life energy to reverse the transformation. It just happened automatically when she entered the core.

That said, you do have a point. She should not age which is why I liked that 12 story arc where she evolved into an elemental being. She looked youthful as ever while all of the other X-Men looked like old hags.
    Regarding her never getting tired or injured, those would be natural add-ons to her powerset if she had a writer who was willing to see it and develop the potential there.

That said, with the Shadow King thing, what did he do, exactly? Did he psionically accelerate the healing process or something like that? I don't recall exactly what he did.

BANNED

Beau.Ti.Ful.

I agree with you that she could imitate the feats of a TP/TK, but again, she would be doing so in her own way. She would be controlling the molecular, atomic, and subatomic structure of matter directly by controlling the electrons themselves. We have actually seen her do a few feats like this. A powerful enough TK (it would take a near Phoenix Force-wielding TK to go down to subatomic manipulation of matter) would have to control the subatomic particles indirectly via TK manipulation. See the difference? Storm's doesn't need to use TK to manipulate matter as she has direct control over its subatomic components. A TK has to control those same components via TK. Storm has a spiritual and physical connection to these things on a level that TPs/TKs can't touch.
    Again, no. Look at this:

I agree Storm is an incredibly high level psion, pretty much on par with Phoenix. And like Phoenix is the aggregate psionic energy in the minds of all in the past, present, future, Storm is just tapping into the universe elementally, through the same basic psionic abilities! She's just attuned to a different frequency than most other psions(like Rockslide is a psionic rock golem, in contrast to Iceman being a psionic water/ice golem). There are differences, yes, but a fundamental similarity.