Page 175 of 283 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Wasn’t saying any of that! Just pointing out the narrative reason for her being there because someone asked.
    Yea, I'm just questioning the alleged "narrative reasons". From my vantage, she was largely present to condone Wanda's actions to the audience, which didn't make a lot sense given her actions were in excusable, and Monica is supposed to be on the side of justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    This criticism would be more justified if the series was advertised as the "Wandavision and Monica" show, but it wasn't. This is barely the beginning of her story.
    So keep her out of the series? Better that than using her as plot point to justify Wanda's actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    Yea, I'm just questioning the alleged "narrative reasons". From my vantage, she was largely present to condone Wanda's actions to the audience, which didn't make a lot sense given her actions were in excusable, and Monica is supposed to be on the side of justice.
    yeah and they did a disservice to Monica's character having her be a Wanda apologist. That really bugged me

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Ruined her? I doubt it. Agatha was my favorite character and the breakout of the show with Wanda for me being a close second. I would watch a Agatha show in a heartbeat.

And i felt bad for wanda. it was grief with super powers. It's not like she set out to deceive or hurt anyone and once she felt the other people pain and they told her, she let them out. The writer did a good job imo of shielding wanda in the sense that she wasn't trying to hurt anyone. Some people purposefully go bomb places or shoot people or do henious things but with a power even as great as hers that's not what she did. For the most part it was reactionary, she was able to literally create a safe space. I think those that spent time there have a right to hate her and i wouldn't begrudge them but as a viewer i don't blame wanda and she came off as very sympathetic.

That "safe space" was an unwilling prision for the other persons, who had their own problems and dramas but there they had to suffer what she suffered too. She being happy implied the torture to others persons. She built the pinacle of selfcentrism, where the world literally worked around her. And it was not unwilling. She knew it from the beggining what she was doing but don't wanted to stop. Did Agatha reinforce that? yes, for her own reasons, but here Wanda is not the innocent victim who lacks of any responsability.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    That "safe space" was an unwilling prision for the other persons, who had their own problems and dramas but there they had to suffer what she suffered too. She being happy implied the torture to others persons. She built the pinacle of selfcentrism, where the world literally worked around her. And it was not unwilling. She knew it from the beggining what she was doing but don't wanted to stop. Did Agatha reinforce that? yes, for her own reasons, but here Wanda is not the innocent victim who lacks of any responsability.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    But Billy and Tommy are still sort of "alive". There's no closure there. Only the Hex versions of them are dead. If Hex Vision can't survive, how come the twins can? I'm very happy that the boys will be coming back, but I don't see the consistency there.
    "It's magic, we don't have to explain it".
    Joe Quesada. 2009.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Cool. I can see your point of view but not really going to change mine. As said they have a right to be upset with her, those affected by what she did but as an objective viewer that wasn't i have great sympathy for wanda.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

But Billy and Tommy are still sort of "alive". There's no closure there. Only the Hex versions of them are dead. If Hex Vision can't survive, how come the twins can? I'm very happy that the boys will be coming back, but I don't see the consistency there.
    Well, they're basically ideas she dreamed up, multiverse of madnessess villain is Nightmare; I'd say they're in the dream realm.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Why was everyone ok with her torturing the citizens of Westview? I didn't find Monica or anyone's else reactions moving at all. Seems only Agatha had an issue with how Wanda was abusing her powers.
    Cause their nobodies and will be forgotten soon enough why waste the energy feeling bad for randoms.

It was not programmed nor planned, she didn’t really build it, it just happened and she was sucked into her own fantasy, it’s right on screen.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Seems like they did more harm than good including her here. Her place in the finale was awkward to say the least.
    As in any typical Marvel movie, all of the secondary characters are really just props and plot devices. Monica was in the show so that she could be powered up and become Photon, so she would have those powers in place by the time she appears in Captain Marvel II.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Ok I have a theory Billy fucked up and did some ****. Cause one he reads minds that look on his face and the way he was kinda sitting up while Tommy was laying down tells me he probably knew they were about to die. After they were tucked in they turned off the lights but when the hex is enclosing on the house you can see the upstairs lights were on again so what if he did some spell fucked up and got him & Tommy in some au dimension. Just a theory that or all the Mephisto **** is true and we see it MoM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Cause their nobodies and will be forgotten soon enough why waste the energy feeling bad for randoms.
    A lot of bad things happened with Wanda, she lost the her whole family even the one she just build. You dont't need to double down on that.
    She already feel like crap

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ok I have a theory Billy fucked up and did some ****. Cause one he reads minds that look on his face and the way he was kinda sitting up while Tommy was laying down tells me he probably knew they were about to die. After they were tucked in they turned off the lights but when the hex is enclosing on the house you can see the upstairs lights were on again so what if he did some spell fucked up and got him & Tommy in some au dimension. Just a theory that or all the Mephisto **** is true and we see it MoM.
    Here we go again!

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    As in any typical Marvel movie, all of the secondary characters are really just props and plot devices. Monica was in the show so that she could be powered up and become Photon, so she would have those powers in place by the time she appears in Captain Marvel II.
    She wasn't a prop, the soverall story just wasn't exactly about her. We saw her pain after knowing that her mother was dead, her journey to become a superhero. There still a lot to explore on other tv shows and movies