Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    ???? The Phoenix wasnt out there killing people by way of the X-men during ResurrXion.
    I never put it was.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    AND both reasons are great reasons for why Emma should not be inviting the Inhumans to her party.
    BINGO! Emma dont like them and they dont like her. People are looking to make it more than it is. She's petty, they are of zero interest to her and she is the one that made the arrangements for this affair. It is what it is

Was it mentioned anywhere they weren't invited?

Maybe they just didn't want to come.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    She stopped a genocide that she was an active supporter of. At MOST that puts her in neutral ground and certainly not in any place for the mutants to be “grateful” for.

Also I think we as fans need to start learning how to use “AND” phrases instead of “BUT”. The Inhumans released a deadly cloud killing countless mutants AND Emma Frost tried to commit mass murder on them in retaliation. It’s okay to point out the wrongs in both parties without completely absolving or villifying one side.
    They did it to defeat Thanos in Infinity. It had nothing to do with mutants until Marvel wanted to start beef to sell you some books.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    AND both reasons are great reasons for why Emma should not be inviting the Inhumans to her party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    BINGO! Emma dont like them and they dont like her. People are looking to make it more than it is. She's petty, they are of zero interest to her and she is the one that made the arrangements for this affair. It is what it is
    Well she concocted a plan to murder them with her backwards thinking of "an eye for an eye." I love Emma Frost, but she did plan on killing innocent people and herself. It's up to her to acknowledge her actions and make a truce or sell them some plants. They never said they didn't like Emma. Medusa abdicated and installed a democratic government in Attilan, so she shouldn't invite Medusa because she gave Attilan to the people. She should've invited the Iso, who represents them.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    They did it to defeat Thanos in Infinity. It had nothing to do with mutants until Marvel wanted to start beef to sell you some books.
    This is a nice point. it had nothing to do with mutants or wanting to kill mutants. They still put Back Bolt on exile

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    No. Emma was punished enough at the end of IvX with that horrible costume they made her wear, i think that should suffice for everything /s
    Ennilux flew into ground zero and fired at everyone. They weren't ambushed, the Sentinels did not go to their place of residence. The idiots flew them into a battlefield. As much as I hate IvX that scene was perhaps the dumbest thing I've read. If there was a time when the term inhuman shields on a battle blimp that fired first was more apt. I'm guessing the writer never intended the scene to come across that way but it was so glaringly stupid.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 06-10-2021 at 06:18 PM.

Both the inhumans and the X Men are douchebag elitists who will forgive unspeakable war crimes and atrocities committed by their side but will never get over the slightest action taken against theirs. This goes both ways.

The X Men are housing, no protecting literal mass murders who have threatened the globe at multiple points, the inhumans allow regs to die to increase their numbers.

Do yall really believe if it turned out krakoa was releasing biochemical that was killing inhumans that the x men would abandon/destroy krakoa? Of course they wouldn't
    . I wouldn't expect them too.

So I dont expect the inhumans to do so either.

That said Emma is totally in character being the childish and petty person she's always been by not inviting them.

as much as Emma doesnt like the inhumans i honestly just don't think she even cares about them anymore lol, like plain and simple shes doing much better then where she was at during that time period and mutants are practically thriving right now, shes also doing some scheming of her own right now I truly don't think Emma is thinking about them. Also as people have stated in the thread the inhumans don't hold any power or importance in the MU right now lol so there's no point in inviting them if Emma/ Krakoa arent going to benefit from them coming.
    Last edited by Diammandis; 06-10-2021 at 07:29 PM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Was it mentioned anywhere they weren't invited?

Maybe they just didn't want to come.
    Even Crystal went to Doom’s wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    This is a nice point. it had nothing to do with mutants or wanting to kill mutants. They still put Back Bolt on exile
    This is not a nice point. Do you know how many marginalized people are poisoned with pollutants as collateral damage that has nothing to do with them?

Point blank, they should have gotten rid of the cloud the minute it started killing innocent mutants. Do I hold it against them? No, because they’re fictional characters and that was clearly contrived writing.

This is not a nice point. Do you know how many marginalized people are poisoned with pollutants as collateral damage that has nothing to do with them?

Point blank, they should have gotten rid of the cloud the minute it started killing innocent mutants. Do I hold it against them? No, because they’re fictional characters and that was clearly contrived writing.
    The inhumans were also marginalized people poisoned with pollutants and the whole Death of X story was a copy of when the Earth's atmosphere was killing them. Another reason it was a stupid event that made no sense. Now the X-Men are following the inhumans' steps by going to the Moon and through out the Galaxy.

Last edited by Force de Phenix; 06-11-2021 at 08:03 AM.

The inhumans were also marginalized people poisoned with pollutants and the whole Death of X story was a copy of when the Earth's atmosphere was killing them.
    And? Different marginalized groups can hurt each other and the behavior shouldn't be excused just because one group also faces oppression.

Another reason it was a stupid event that made no sense.
    You won't see any arguments from me there. The story was stupid and didn't benefit either franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Even Crystal went to Doom’s wedding.
    But Doom lives in a castle. Who wouldn't want to attended a castle wedding?

And? Different marginalized groups can hurt each other and the behavior shouldn't be excused just because one group also faces oppression.
    No. The opposite. They shouldn't hurt each other, they should make amends and given the fact that inhumans had to move to the Moon for 10 years because the atmosphere was killing them was even stupider. Like, they knew how to resolve the issue, but the writers ignored the fact that they were on the Moon because the same thing happened? Crystal purified the air so they can breath on Earth, but they couldn't solve a little cloud that was traveling around the Earth?

My point is that it was a poorly written event and holding it against any of these characters doesn't make any sense and they should build bridges not walls.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

The only reason I responded was because people were once again using AvX and trying to use IvX as if they are some grand indictment of the mutants and X-Men. I find this mentality insane

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Now the first take away from both of these should not somehow be "the mutants were bad", it should be.. holy **** this writing and editing is terrible. AvX ignored a decade of build up in the X-Men books so that Cap can give a speech, Spider-Man can talk about "power and responsibility" and kung fu water bucket training for 5 minutes somehow completes what years of training under Cable and the X-Men didn't. Every single person in this was out of character and juggling the idiot ball. "Cyclops was right" comes about after AvX not because he was right, but because every single other person and plan in that PoS was so much worse.

IvX is simply indefensibly bad, every single thing about it is simply insultingly bad.
    I feel for fans of the Inhumans, IvX is the sort of tripe that kills franchises. It also closes off fans from other franchises, why the hell would an X-Fan, who was not already a fan of the Inhumans, want anything to do with them after something like that? But this kind of argument/debate is what is going to crop up 100 times out of a 100 when you get people trying to compare the Inhumans in IvX to the mutants in AvX.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    I find it pretty hypocritical really.
    It's wrong for the terrigen to be on Earth, because Inhumans activating their powers isn't worth the possibility of mutants getting hurt, but then the X-Men did the same thing in AvX where they tinkered around with some space chicken risking all life on Earth just so more people can activate their powers, they basically did the same thing, but at least the Inhumans weren't risking all life on Earth on a gamble and were researching ways to make mutants immune to terrigen, the X-Men come off as far more selfish if anything.
    But the X-Men franchise is bigger they get a constant passes and excuses.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-12-2021 at 11:02 AM.