Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

If you need to lose some lockdown weight and want to put yourself off food for a few days:

Sex, Lies, And Regret: Giancarlo Granda Reels From Eight Years With The Falwells

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

For our Thanksgiving it is just going to be me and my father. My mother who comes over for a week long visit the week of Thanksgiving is not coming. It makes me sad but I understand as both are high risk.

One thing that does bug me about these Thanksgiving Guidelines. A member of our state health board said if you do have people over have them wear masks and only take them off in between bites and then put them back on. How is that protecting anyone. Taking your mask off every two seconds to take a bite of Turkey is not really going to protect anyone because while you are eating the mask will be off more then on. The virus could still make a person sick in that time. At that point just say dont have anyone over.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    But is he hanging out with Nazis and ghouls from Gamergate? I'm not saying you're wrong, I believe you that he's completely deep into conservatism, maybe I'm just desperate to see a glimpse of self awareness. Dixon is something else, but I'm more up to date with Dixon then Nolan.
    Not to derail this discussion too much but I didn't realize until I did a little research on QAnon and their ilk that JFK jr. is a thing with the QAnon tribe. just because of some weird fantasy view of him I guess by Q or perhaps R.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-18-2020 at 10:26 AM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    This article is the most terrifying thing I've read... today.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/qanon-...ist-in-florida
    Weepin' Jesus. That's plain bat**** nuts.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Prison labor is used to load bodies into mobile morgues, folks form bread lines a mile long, millions face eviction, children fall behind in education, elected officials commit crime in the open w/o consequence & most of the tax $$$ is going to rioting equipment for police forces

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Prison labor is used to load bodies into mobile morgues, folks form bread lines a mile long, millions face eviction, children fall behind in education, elected officials commit crime in the open w/o consequence & most of the tax $$$ is going to rioting equipment for police forces
    All part of making America great again.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    All part of making America great again.
    If only we could blame all this on Trump. But we can't. These are systemic issues in America that are being exposed now.

Poverty? Living right on the edge of surviving, paycheck to paycheck. fucked up prison labor. terrible education systems. corruption in government without consequence. Is any of this new? It isn't. Sadly.

Here's video of Kelly Loeffler in a live Fox News interview, soliciting campaign donations from the halls of the Senate.

This is about the most flagrant campaign ethics violation for fundraising you'll see, but what do you expect from someone who insider traded based off of Covid-19 intelligence hearings?
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Not to derail this discussion too much but I didn't realize until I did a little research on QAnon and their ilk that JFK jr. is a thing with the QAnon tribe. just because of some weird fantasy view of him I guess by Q or perhaps R.
    I live within driving distance to Essex County Airport. That's where JFK jr took off in his airplane the day it crashed. I read that article and, as with conspiracy theories of that kind, someone can post 'I heard that _____ is doing ______ fro Donald Trump.' And the followers will all get together to fill in the blanks with the most bizarre things they can come up with and suddenly you have a brand new conspiracy theory.

In this case it's much like the old 'Elvis is still alive and living in Duluth. ' conspiracy theories.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    If only we could blame all this on Trump. But we can't. These are systemic issues in America that are being exposed now.

Poverty? Living right on the edge of surviving, paycheck to paycheck. fucked up prison labor. terrible education systems. corruption in government without consequence. Is any of this new? It isn't. Sadly.
    What distresses me the most? We should have learned our lesson. We didn't.

In my youth, I heard people worshipping Nixon, after he'd been rightfully kicked to the curb. It's the same language now.

In spite of their embrace of our myths, there are Many Americans that believe in monarchy and slavery, in the delusion that no one will clamp the collar on their neck.

BANNED

https://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com...sses-the-point

Steven Attewell gives a solid explanation for Dem House underperformance.

Astonishing Member

I must admit I am 100% positive Trump will run again in 2024, and win the nomination. Now whether or not he wins the presidency again is yet to be determined. I hope I’m wrong, though.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I must admit I am 100% positive Trump will run again in 2024, and win the nomination. Now whether or not he wins the presidency again is yet to be determined. I hope I’m wrong, though.
    Trump hates losing but a big factor is he'll be 78 by this point and mentally he's been slipping worse than Biden. Hopefully we see someone else by 2024 emerge and the Trump family is gone away for good.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Trump hates losing but a big factor is he'll be 78 by this point and mentally he's been slipping worse than Biden. Hopefully we see someone else by 2024 emerge and the Trump family is gone away for good.
    And there’s the issue of the trial Trump faces after leaving office in January. If he’s convicted (though I doubt he’ll see so much as a day in prison), that’ll kill any chance of running for president again.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    https://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com...sses-the-point

Steven Attewell gives a solid explanation for Dem House underperformance.
    This is a good article, 2020 resulted in a record voting turnout, as each group was able to mobilize their voters to full capacity.

There was a blue wave, but there was also a red wave (Trump found 10 million new voters) but it was not enough for him to win the election, because nationally the democratic coalition is bigger than the Trump coalition (Hence the Republicans losing the popular vote for the last what 7? election cycles)

So than why did Democrats lose the house? As the article eludes to, it most likely has to do with Conservative counties in places like California, switching back to red, alongside I will add, the effect of gerrymandering, and Trump's loss of support amongst moderates that did not transfer over to the house.

I think the 2020 election is a good snapshot of where the nation sits ideologically on the political spectrum as a whole. So while the Democrat civil war narrative is good for media ratings, I'm not so sure it paints an accurate picture of what happened in 2020.