Page 266 of 782 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316366766 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 11718
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    A moment of silence passed then, before Sarada felt Ishtar's presence in her mind. Too exhausted for much beyond straightforward comments however, what the Oni has to say is fairly simple.

'You are not dead. Good.'
    It didn't take long for Ishtar's thoughts to touch Sarada's mind. Hearing how tired she was was concerning, but she wasn't in much of a position to say anything chastising.

'You didn't bleed to death. Good. And is it me or are you extra horny today?' She let out a soft chuckle, all she could muster at the moment. She'd laugh uproariously at her own joke after she recovered.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Shhh.....my sorry. That is the correct term for one who will eventually be wed is it not?" Etrina whispered as she followed the sniper. "I mean....unless there is some stage I'm unaware of.....I'd take you to meet my parents but they are either missing or morally bankrupt."
    Zaofan quickly lowers his voice, aware of the noise constraints as indicated by the sniper. "I... it's just... this is all... we just fought... and I mean we ... 6 months... and uh..."

The chef can't quite bring together his words, and he is much farther away from being able to actually express his thoughts coherently. In a sense, he'd rather go back to fighting demons just that he wouldn't have to muster anything. But, alas, he's here.

"...Look," he says with a deep breath. "That's... I don't mean to cause you any worry or stress. We really should talk about this when things die down."

But, it doesn't take a magic user or a telepath to be worried about how one would take that kind of news. "But... I'd love to meet your family one day," he says with a smile, as he holds her arms even tighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    One of the abominations leapt, its form landing dangerous close as it reaches out and grabs Ishtar with both hands, fingers absorbing her blood and ki and magic as it does so. Its two handed grip is monstrously powerful, even compared to how she is now.

The other abomination, further back, also started to leap, but a grey cracking beam of energy unlike anything any of them had seen flew across the sky and struck its head. No wider than a quarter, the beam crackles an unearthly sound as it slams into the head and blows it apart.

Tracking back, three hundred yards away on a tall stone pillar, a humanoid figure can barely be seen.

Smoke billows from the gun as the figure starts reloading it for another shot.
    Asha'rah picked up a chunk of bone from the first fallen skeleton, the one that had triggered some strange familiarity despite its deplorable state. This place was different from Ishtar's first adopted home in countless ways. But the permeation of the deceased upon the fabric of the material was just as strong here...no, stronger still. As her comrades fought, she examined the bone, turning it about in her hand.

Coming to a decision, she placed the bone upon the ground and created a warding shield around herself. A quick flash of light yielded a pair of joss sticks, already alight. Their incense was but a drop in the bucket amid the foul odors of this place, but it was the gesture of respect that mattered. Then she clasped her hands together and prayed.

"I am Asha'rah, fallen god. Who are you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    With the battle over and the zombie creatures finally trapped underground where they belonged, Sarada felt that it was safe to power down back to normal. After doing so, she felt every ounce of strength escape her body, leaving her a limp body falling to the ground.

"This... is why I hate that form," she mumbled. She was stuck on the ground. "Some help someone?"
    "Ero?" A pair of hand slipped under the prone Sarada and lifted her up into their waiting arms.....those arms being Erosas.

In her magicite form.

And holding Sarada with no regard to how much of her face was jammed into the Ids Chest.

"Fufufufu....Oh dear, isn't this what a married couple does?"
    Asha'rah could not help but laugh, a genuine full-throated chortle carrying through the rotten fields of decay. It was good to see creation strive, face full of mammaries and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Thankful to have something else to do other than beat up skeletons, Charco was eager to move along. With the stranger's warning of ki use drawing unneeded attention, he pulled out his capsule wallet and withdrew one capsule in particular. His motorcycle would be too loud, so he would have to rely on something else.

Pressing the button and tossing it before him, the capsule exploded and when the smoke cleared, they revealed their contents to be a standard hovercar. Two-door, four-seater, faded cyan paint, with and a small charm hanging from the rear-view mirror the vehicle seemed to be a pretty odd possession for someone like Charco to have and they'd be right; it was a hand-me-downbefore he had managed to afford his motorcycle.

Hopping into the driver's he glanced back to the others, waiting for those of them would ride with him to get in.
    Charco's first passenger was Cyanna, who couldn't resist riding with him.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar, well aware by now what the masked figure meant, offered a tired nod, before following along behind the craft.

'I am too tired for banter. You know well what I mean.'

A moment of silence passed then, before Sarada felt Ishtar's presence in her mind. Too exhausted for much beyond straightforward comments however, what the Oni has to say is fairly simple.

'You are not dead. Good.'
    Meagan opened another of the capsules Jinzi had given her and out came a hover car, six seats and looking brand new. With that, she insisted that Isthar take a seat. After taking the drivers seat, she then motioned for others to come on board. Between Her transport and Charco's, most will be traveling the old fashioned way.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan quickly lowers his voice, aware of the noise constraints as indicated by the sniper. "I... it's just... this is all... we just fought... and I mean we ... 6 months... and uh..."

The chef can't quite bring together his words, and he is much farther away from being able to actually express his thoughts coherently. In a sense, he'd rather go back to fighting demons just that he wouldn't have to muster anything. But, alas, he's here.

"...Look," he says with a deep breath. "That's... I don't mean to cause you any worry or stress. We really should talk about this when things die down."

But, it doesn't take a magic user or a telepath to be worried about how one would take that kind of news. "But... I'd love to meet your family one day," he says with a smile, as he holds her arms even tighter.
    "Oh.......Think nothing of it. Perhaps I'm doing things out of order....." Etrina mumbled quietly, suddenly mulling the situation over. "Yes....It would be a shame to deepen our relationship on what amounts of a tomb world. I already feel like I've...how do you put it.....raised a death flag or two."

Stopping, Etrina gently placed Zaofan on his feet. "We'd best get in one of the provided transports....but we'll definately have that talk once we escape this place. I don't care if I have to freeze time to do it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan opened another of the capsules Jinzi had given her and out came a hover car, six seats and looking brand new. With that, she insisted that Isthar take a seat. After taking the drivers seat, she then motioned for others to come on board. Between Her transport and Charco's, most will be traveling the old fashioned way.
    Sasheem immediately leapt into the passengers seat, kicking his feet up on the dashboard and leaning the seat back, his hands behind his head.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Asha'rah picked up a chunk of bone from the first fallen skeleton, the one that had triggered some strange familiarity despite its deplorable state. This place was different from Ishtar's first adopted home in countless ways. But the permeation of the deceased upon the fabric of the material was just as strong here...no, stronger still. As her comrades fought, she examined the bone, turning it about in her hand.

Coming to a decision, she placed the bone upon the ground and created a warding shield around herself. A quick flash of light yielded a pair of joss sticks, already alight. Their incense was but a drop in the bucket amid the foul odors of this place, but it was the gesture of respect that mattered. Then she clasped her hands together and prayed.

"I am Asha'rah, fallen god. Who are you?"
    The bone is old, older than....her?

Asha’rah knows only one place that could be possibly older.

Universe 18.

The universe that ended up paired with 15, her universe. Universe 18, the first and oldest of them. The one Zeno first started.

This is where they are now.

And the bone? The bone is of the First Race. The first creatures ever created by Zeno. It is so old it has no presence of name anymore.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

"Oh.......Think nothing of it. Perhaps I'm doing things out of order....." Etrina mumbled quietly, suddenly mulling the situation over. "Yes....It would be a shame to deepen our relationship on what amounts of a tomb world. I already feel like I've...how do you put it.....raised a death flag or two."

Stopping, Etrina gently placed Zaofan on his feet. "We'd best get in one of the provided transports....but we'll definately have that talk once we escape this place. I don't care if I have to freeze time to do it."
    "Wait, you can freeze time...?"

Zaofan, now out of all times, ponders just what he's gotten himself into.

"But you're right. Let's hop a ride, shall we?"

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem immediately leapt into the passengers seat, kicking his feet up on the dashboard and leaning the seat back, his hands behind his head.
    Zaofan sees the Majin's antics and stifles a giggle. "Oh, Sasheem! You are SUCH a character!" He pats him on the shoulder, now convinced that Meagan's transport is the ride he should board.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Parsley didn't get into any transport. There was no need. She could fly.

Sarada, desperate to get away from the busty Id, demanded, "Put me inside Meagan's transport. And make sure I'm next to Ishtar!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sarada, desperate to get away from the busty Id, demanded, "Put me inside Meagan's transport. And make sure I'm next to Ishtar!"
    Seeing the seats fill up fast, Zaofan makes sure to save a spot. "Room for another, Etrina!"

Retired Overlord

"Must I....Oh well, I suppose I've had enough fun for now." Erosa carried the saiyan queen over and placed her in one of the rear seats, making sure a spare seat was next to her. "We should do this again. Next time you can carry me....if you can manage."

Erosa stretches her now free arms and then drops down on all fours, pouncing to a position where she can keep behind the masked man.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Seeing the seats fill up fast, Zaofan makes sure to save a spot. "Room for another, Etrina!"
    "Such a Gentleman, Or should I say a pig in a tuxedo." Etrina smiled, and despite her choice of words Zaofan would know she meant no real ill with it....at this point it was merely her form of praise. Climbing into the vechile, she took her spot next to Zaofan. "Well...lets hope for an uneventful trip this time."
    Last edited by MrSandman; 09-13-2018 at 10:31 PM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The man nods and starts off, his motorbike incredibly quiet.

It takes off at speed, avoiding the stone pillars as he weaves around, leading them out of this cairn.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 09-13-2018 at 10:54 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Ochazuke pushed his way forward, wading waist-deep in gnarled flesh and bones as he stepped through. Seizing one wretched corpse, he buried his fingers sharply through flesh, its sloughing liquid threatening to loose his grasp as he swung it round.

In a few moments he was free, loosed from a pile of still gagging corpses, twisting and moaning and managing only the most ineffectual movements; spasms of shattered limbs, shoulders supported by flattened ribcages, and legs dragging opposite where the head faced where crowns touched their ankles.

Ancient Magic’s flare as the old wards reactivate, green and blue light pulsing as the dead still, then stop, then slowly sink back into the earth.

Silence falls across the battlefield. Two of seven old ward stones now flare with power, their life rekindled, their purpose accomplished once more.

The sniper from afar stands and slings the gun over their shoulder. With a single gesture, they beckon the group towards them as they slowly climb down from their perch.
    Seething, he at last rejoined the group proper, grinding his teeth silently as he dropped the corpse to the ground where it was summarily swallowed by the dirt.

The sniper, getting down from his perch, holds his hands up in a stopping motion. He makes a ‘firing energy beam’ gesture, then shakes his head. He then drops down and carves a squiggly rune in the dirt, before kicking it out and then shaking his head at them.

He does a shushing motion, holding a finger up to his masks lips. He gestures to the are all around, then slides a finger across his throat.

Dangerous. No ki. No magic. Makes...sounds...that draw things in.

He pulls a canvas covering that blended in with the rock off and reveals a small motorbike looking conveyance. He hops on and starts it, the machine nearly silent, and motions to it for them to see if they have any means of travel.

As to Ishtar’s question, the man pauses before holding up a finger in a ‘in a moment’ gesture. He looks around, then shakes his head.

Again, the message was clear. Not here, he will tell them later.
    The putrid fiends sought to absorb ki, that energy loosed apart from their forms which were animated by...something else. He had figured that out soon enough, and had relied solely on his martial skill to stave off the hordes, and though the shed blood resolved itself and falled from his person when the magic was rendered, the memory of decay yet lingered, and he would not reciprocate in speech, Ochazuke guarded from the threat of the scent falling upon his tongue.

This one atop the hill, silent behind his mask, promised answers should they follow along. With the limit in vehicles, he would reserve carriage for the injured and the vulnerable.

Wordlessly he approached Ishtar. He said nothing, and whether it was the fatigue of the battles or simply to acrid smell of the corpsed air, Ochazuke's features strained silently.In his hand he had one of the Enseiji fruits Evangeline acquired from parts only thought mythical. Perhaps it would be a familiar sight to one who tended the Hell Orchards, but for the moment he was reluctant to inquire.

The man nods and starts off, his motorbike incredibly quiet.

*snip*

It takes off at speed, avoiding the stone pillars as he weaves around, leading them out of this cairn.
    Keeping track of their benefactor from above, Ochazuke took off to flight between the Biker and the capsule cars. If what he said was true, the upper levels of awareness in his Battle Meditation would only work to the contrary, for the deeper perception required he use of his ki. Still his perceptions, while limited, were no less sharp as he surveyed the landscape and took in the shape of this planet's ruin.