Page 72 of 170 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2541

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Maybe they toned it down due to cats? Also, she could also look more feral the longer she is this form
    I hope so, otherwise, it is disappointing to me.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Maybe they toned it down due to cats? Also, she could also look more feral the longer she is this form
    We know that they have at least two forms for Barbara in the movie, so maybe they'll have a few transitional forms too?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

It might be interesting if Barbara can switch between a variety of forms.

In the tabletop RPG Werewolf: The Apocalypse, werewolves have the option of assuming five forms: Human, Near-Human (mostly human, with just a few basic wolf features,) War Form (full-on classic werewolf,) Near-Wolf (mostly wolf with some human features remaining,) and full wolf (you're a wolf!)

Each form has its respective uses and advantages in given circumstances. Perhaps Barbara can do something similar.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Article/Interview - Wonder Woman 1984 - How a top-secret love story and brand new armor promise to make the sequel sing: https://ew.com/movies/2020/02/11/won...l-gadot-cover/

Images from EW:

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 02-11-2020 at 01:40 PM.

We get the plane. Yes. We also Get lovely wings.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Given that movie Wonder Woman seems to borrow one Spiderman element for each movie—first climbing the tower wall in 2017, and now swinging from lightning in 2020—I wonder what other of Spiderman's signature moves she will or can borrow for future movies?

The 2004 train scene is certainly memorable, but at the same time a bit low-powered for Wonder Woman at her current level, and I'm not sure it's easily scaled up.
    I don't agree with the premise of your question.

The Kingdom Come armor has its place in WW lore, but I don't think it should've been a priority for WW movies. Of course, I said the same about the Death of Superman.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    The Kingdom Come armor has its place in WW lore, but I don't think it should've been a priority for WW movies. Of course, I said the same about the Death of Superman.
    I think the costume is just there for a visual Easter egg. The plot requires her to need armor like that for some reason, so they might as well use that one.
    From the leaks, it doesn't sound like it will be used in any context similar to Kingdom Come.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

I think that this finally puts to rest any concerns about Wonder Woman not flying in this film. Whether it's thanks to a magical armor or not, she will certainly fly in this movie.

I wonder you guys think Steve will survive? I mean we thought he would stay dead.If he dies again it could be anti-climax

Incredible Member

I don't think so....it seems like they might be playing with the concept of wishes coming true....which usually goes wrong. It could be quite poignant if Steve dies again...

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    I think that this finally puts to rest any concerns about Wonder Woman not flying in this film. Whether it's thanks to a magical armor or not, she will certainly fly in this movie.
    Unless she flys under her own power like she has done for the last 35 years or so, it does not put to rest whether she flys or not.

It is very disappointing that they still do not have her fly like in the comics. Hopefully I am wrong about this, but lassoing lightning bolts is still not flying. Wearing a impractical golden chicken armor suit to fly, if that is the case is still nerfing her.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Unless she flys under her own power like she has done for the last 35 years or so, it does not put to rest whether she flys or not.

It is very disappointing that they still do not have her fly like in the comics. Hopefully I am wrong about this, but lassoing lightning bolts is still not flying. Wearing a impractical golden chicken armor suit to fly, if that is the case is still nerfing her.
    She was using the invisible plane and gliding on air currents before she was flying on her own power. Both of those things are in this movie, and the lightning is a cool addition to the gliding and a unique visual for her.

The films are using the entire history as reference, they can utilize/pay homage to different things without it being nerfing. It's also a clear escalation over what she did in her first film, so it remains to be seen what happens in the third.