Page 729 of 827 FirstFirst ... 229629679719725726727728729730731732733739779 ... LastLast
Results 10,921 to 10,935 of 12392
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They already did Thea's "sendoff" with the League of Assassins episode. Bringing her relationship with Roy to a proper conclusion was just the cherry on top by that point.

Considering Arrow had to balance handling the bulk of setting up Crisis for the crossover while also bringing the entire series to a close...I think they brought things together as cohesively as they could.
    Ok that’s awesome, I still didn’t care for it though

I don’t feel there was a proper reaction to her brother’s death despite there already being a state of closure with her character. Don’t get me wrong there were some pretty epic episodes and once the future folks came to the present things definitely got pretty amped, but I still think the Flash season 6 was better. All in all I thought the Crisis itself was a letdown too, despite some really great moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Ok that’s awesome, I still didn’t care for it though

I don’t feel there was a proper reaction to her brother’s death despite there already being a state of closure with her character. Don’t get me wrong there were some pretty epic episodes and once the future folks came to the present things definitely got pretty amped, but I still think the Flash season 6 was better. All in all I thought the Crisis itself was a letdown too, despite some really great moments.
    I mean, they probably could have spent more time on everyone's reaction to Ollie's death considering they only really had the end of Crisis and the finale to deal with it if they hadn't made the second to last episode a backdoor pilot. Granted, we got the kids dealing with his legacy there, so...

I think the season was very on-point for Arrow and a good swan song for the series as a whole. That was all I really could have asked for.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, they probably could have spent more time on everyone's reaction to Ollie's death considering they only really had the end of Crisis and the finale to deal with it if they hadn't made the second to last episode a backdoor pilot. Granted, we got the kids dealing with his legacy there, so...

I think the season was very on-point for Arrow and a good swan song for the series as a whole. That was all I really could have asked for.
    And that’s so great for you. I just don’t happen to feel the same

And that’s so great for you. I just don’t happen to feel the same
    Fair enough .

Mighty Member

Ralph cannot handle a single thug what bs is this?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Just a way to show off Sue's skills, I guess. BTW, I like her so far.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Just a way to show off Sue's skills, I guess. BTW, I like her so far.
    The term for that is jobbing, hate it. Make her look good without making him look like a loser.

news article (op-ed) about the evolution of Iris as portrayed by Candace Patton

https://www.tvguide.com/news/cw-the-...ton-iris-west/
    excerpt:
    Before Season 6, the show took a colorblind approach to its depiction of Patton's character, Iris — and by extension, Iris' family — painting her as a journalist, a love interest, and a daughter, but never embracing her identity as a black woman. In fact, Iris and her police detective father, Joe West (Jesse L. Martin), could have been any race. And Iris mainly served as Barry Allen's (Grant Gustin) sidekick and "lightning rod," championing him from the sidelines while he saved the world on a weekly basis. As the seasons progressed, so did her character development and her relationship with Barry. However, Iris' blackness was never really acknowledged by the show or its characters, a glaring omission for fans who'd connected with the show's black female lead.

But then, something changed in Season 6: The Flash hired its first black showrunner.

When Todd Helbing stepped down from his post to focus on other projects in 2019, Eric Wallace, who'd served as an executive producer since Season 4, took the reins and reevaluated areas that weren't given enough attention. One that stood out to him like a neon sign was the way in which Iris and her family's race was ignored. Wallace understood who the Wests were as an African American family and didn't shy away from that. Season 6 opened on a cookout, a staple within the black community, which featured recognizable dishes like creamed corn, candied yams, and collard greens. The scene stood in stark contrast to previous seasons, which raised eyebrows with dishes like Grandma Esther's ambiguous noodle recipe, a dish that seemed inauthentic and unlikely to have been passed down through a black family.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

The term for that is jobbing, hate it. Make her look good without making him look like a loser.
    I don't disagree. It didn't make any sense to me, either.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I don't disagree. It didn't make any sense to me, either.
    She needs a nice shiny new pair of bracelets, anklets too ... with connecting links in between.

Mighty Member

That mirror dimension is interesting.

Post Crisis has been very good, and I like Sue, obviouslymorethan just a thief. I'm guessing government agent.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

For the first time ever in this show, the first and second halves are disconnected storylines and can essentially be separate seasons. They set up a really interesting big bad in the first half. I thought it was cool how they were able to do a cohesive and self contained storyline that was on the hinge of the big epic crossover. Arrow utterly failed in this respect, almost every episode was Crisis-lite and provided more set up to that event than actual development of their series or any closure for the characters and saga in a ten episode season, so none of the emotional moments in the end of that season landed for me because they spent way too much time on the cosmic side of things and Oliver’s mysterious role in the Crisis. In the Flash there is only the looming reality of Barry’s coming future, and the newspaper headline saying he disappears. They use the Crisis and the team’s knowledge of the Crisis as a way to naturally enforce the familial aspect of the show; Barry has never felt more powerless and hopeless here and the only thing keeping him going is his love for his family. While Arrow deviated to make Crisis as seamless as possible, Flash stayed true to its tone and characters and used the Crisis as a threading storyline in the background
    It took them 6 seasons to try something new like that? Man what is up with these writers

It's weird having a version of McCulloch that doesn't have a thick Scottish accent. Although considering all the complaints about Amunet's accent, they may not have wanted another instance of that. Although the actress still kind of sounds like she has an accent...?

I'm wondering how Eva ends up becoming a villain, otherwise I don't see the point of basing her on Evan McCulloch. She seems like an innocent philanthropic scientist caught up in an accident courtesy of the Particle Accelerator explosion, but could there be more to it? I imagine it will connect back to Black Hole, or maybe the Mirror Dimensions has messed with her mind more then Iris has seen. If Iris was replaced by a mirror doppelganger, then what about Eva? And where does Carver fit in?

I think this is the first time Sam Scudder and Eva(n) McCulloch have been alive in the same setting. The show's version of Scudder wasn't much of a hit, but I kind of wonder if they'll acknowledge him again after introducing a new Mirror Master. Could we see a duel of the Mirror Masters at some point ?

Sue Dibney! I mean, Dearbon! It was nice to finally see Sue appear after all the build up, not only is she quite the looker but she's as witty and adventurous a lady as Sue is in the comics. She and Ralph definitely have palpable chemistry and dynamic right from the start, as they should .

"John Loring?" Any relation to Oliver Queen's lawyer Jean Loring? Or Ray Palmer's fiance Ana Loring? Probably not because he's a completely different race, but still noticeable. I imagine it was a bit of a nod to Sue's messy experience with a certain Loring in the comics.

When was the last time we saw Cecile and Joe's baby? After she was born?

Cecile suggested Ralph find himself a Watson, when in reality he found himself an Irene Adler (Sherloque taught Ralph well). I thought something was up with Sue, but I wasn't expecting them to turn her into a criminal who would betray Ralph. I guess their relationship can't be as simple as Ralph meets her, solves a case, and they immediately get hitched like it was in the comics. Although I wonder how long they might carry this will they/won't they Batman/Catwoman dynamic (will Batwoman ever get her own Catwoman?).

I guess Sue couldn't be a proper jewel thief in a Superhero setting without a skintight catsuit that Natalie Dreyfuss looks phenomenal in. Although considering she was wearing that under the police uniform, she must've been hot (and not just in the sexy way).

Sue seems involved with Black Hole. Maybe she isn't really a femme fatale criminal but has been traveling to find a way to bring down Black Hole? Judging from the board it looks like she was studying Ralph as much as he was studying her.

Man, for once Barry being over-cautious and worried over something was for the right reasons. Joe's pep talk backfired for once .

Nash is being haunted by Harry. I wonder where that's going...

Iris is helping Eva control her mirror powers. I'm sure that won't backfire once she gets out and becomes a Supervillain. Will Mirror!Iris give Eva the Mirror Gun?

"God knows I have." Ha! The show making fun of all the times Barry has trusted someone only to end up being betrayed by them.

"I'm not some Meta-Criminal who travels through mirrors and robs banks." Ha, which is basically exactly what Mirror Master is in the comics. Although I'm betting Iris' line that Eva is "more" will end up foreshadowing how Eva becomes far more dangerous then Scudder ever was.
    Yeah, and shouldn't his natural elasticity make him immune to punches? Although maybe once he got Ralph into the water Ralph wasn't able to do anything, so Sue came in.

BANNED

1322 times and she never discovered she had those powers or had the thought to try liquid nitrogen?

Liked that the episode focused heavily on Iris and Ralph over everyone else; we saw Cecile and Nash in brief moments , Joe and Barry had a little sub plot, Frost and Cisco don’t appear at all. Ralph has a big heart but I wish he wasn’t so ditzy. I like that Iris can be an inherent leader and look to alleviate hectic situations but she comes off bitter sometimes, and I can’t tell if that’s how they write her or if that’s how she’s being portrayed. It gets annoying when it feels like Barry always has something to learn, but also Iris constantly feeling she has something to teach people which can make integral relationships seem one-sided in my eyes. I’m intrigued to see where they’re going with this mirror dimension despite how undefined it is. The episode was entertaining despite the dialogue, which is usually the case. Could not care less about this Sue sub plot.