Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticVision View Post
    Okay I'm absolutely convinced Vision's dying at the end of that crossover now - the others have their own books, and they're not going to kill off a Champion. Vision dying would also give a reason for Nadia to switch teams, although I don't know what would happen to Viv. Maybe because Waid will be off Avengers he'll have time to explore the aftermath more? Or Vision and Viv die together, to be resurrected in five years and never, respectively.
    Unlikely - Vision and Viv are the corner box characters for those two books. If they were killing them off, they'd probably have used Nova for the Champions corner box, as he's the only other one without his own book (he used to, of course, but it's cancelled).

Thoughts:

- I wonder what Doom knows about what happened to the rest of the FF that Johnny and Ben don't? Though while obviously the premise of the books is finding them, I have extreme doubts we're going to see the FF's return come out of this series.

- What can the Inhumans hold Black Bolt responsible for? He hasn't been their king in years and most Nuhumans barely acknowledge him. Would the rest of the Royals receive this reaction if they came back?

- I'm interested to see if Kelly Thompson can actually sell me on the Clint/Kate partnership.

- It's cool to see they're reviving Tales of Suspense to deal with the fallout of Black Widow's (likely to be undone) death, and I'm glad it's going to be as much a story about Bucky as it is Clint .

- The casualty in Avengers/Champions is either Vision or Viv given last months covers.

- How many turning points has the Unity Squad gone through at this point? It seems like they get hit with that every arc .

- "Guest-starring the entire armored Marvel Universe," so...Riri, Doom Pepper, Toni Ho, Ezekial Stane, any of the Crimson Dynamos, and Castle in Rhodey's armor?

- "The Thundering Barbarian. The Odinson" Well, I hate that title, but it's consistent with how Aaron's been writing Thor up to this point.

- "has Odin's arrogance doomed them all?" I'll kind of be surprised if it doesn't at this point.

- I wonder what Luke and Jessica's "bad press" is related to. Luke's relationship with Diamondback? And I'm curious to see which "potential Kingpin" has a change of heart and why, and what that change of heart actually means (turning good, reneging on a deal with the team?).

- I'm curious who the new Constrictor is (unless it's somehow the old Constrictor).

- I guess Stephen brings in Thor to deal with this brother.

- Sam can't even go 3 issues without the law and the public turning against him again. Poor dude .

- I'll believe Jean is coming back when this mini is over and they prove it's not a Phoenix: Endsong scenario.

X-MEN GRAND DESIGN
    So looking forward to our first look at this. Not the kind of thing I would ever expect Marvel to publish, and Ed Piskor will be doing everything, Writing, Pencils, Inks, Colour, Lettering, probably design too. Was this ever done on a Marvel book before?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Leaked solicits are not as fun because there's no cover images. That being said, it feels like what's really worth commenting on are the starts of stories, so I'll go through each of them:

Marvel Two-in-One 1: Don't like "something is wrong" plots. Really curious about the Dr. Doom thing (I just started reading Infamous Iron Man). Also, not going to lie, I'm looking forward to those primer pages far more than any other primer pages.

Black Bolt 8: Curious to see the consequences of Secret Empire. This book doesn't look like it'll tie in with Royals, but there's potential to tie in with Secret Warriors.

Ms. Marvel 25: I'm not caught up in this book. I've been seeing Red Dagger pop up a lot in solicits. These primer pages are also on my anticipated list. Full confession, I hope some leak because I can't pay for all of these books.

Generation X 85: Not going to lie, know nothing about this.

Weapon X 12: Nuke? I don't really read this book, but that's conceptually cool.

Hawkeye 13: Just read the Generations Hawkeye story. This hope this builds off that a bit.

Unbelievable Squirrel Girl 27: I bit off more than I could chew. Why did I decide to comment on all of these?

X-Men Grand Design: This was conceptually interesting. The trick will be the execution.

Tales of Suspense 100: Crap, I'm buying this. Matt Rosenberg writing a Black Widow story? It's just a mini so no commitment. I hadn't heard any rumors or reports of this, so I love the surprise.

Monsters Unleashed 9: Glad this book is still going. I hope people enjoying this book continue to still enjoy it.

Iceman 8: I like this. Bobby's dad sucks and this is a good confrontation to see.

Venom Inc Alpha: Marvel is sticking to their word about no major events, but they're sure emphasizing mini-events.

Phoenix Resurrection Return Jean Grey 1: Definitely a surprise. I think this is the right amount of time for a character to be dead before coming back.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

The Amazing Spider-Man and Venom stories look quite cool.
    Intrigued about Falcon,Marvel Two in One,Thor and Daredevil.
    Overall based on these solicits looks like a great month of Marvel comics.

Doctor Strange, of course. Marvel Two in One and Tales of Suspense. Hmmm. 3 books. More than usual!

But nothing by Aaron. His utterly crap Dr. Strange has convinced me not to willingly buy anything he writes ever again. Hacks should know they are hacks and not write columns about how wonderful they are in their final issue. It is bad enough to be an egotist, but when that egotism is completely undeserved...!

Sorry. That has been building in me for some time. It had to come out at some point.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

I'll just stick with Moon-Knight and Thanos until some of the originals retake their titles. Then we'll see if they're worth a purchase.

So- where's the captain America solicit?
    I'm so bored with the saga of peter parker's sister, I already dropped the book.
    Monsters unleashed; any chance swarm will show up?
    Champions is edging closer to being added to my regular pull list, while secret warriors is edging closer to being dropped from it.and xmen blue is edging closer to being put back on my pull list.
    Incredible Hulk; cho vs. Thor? For reals?!
    Iron fist #75;is my old friend the constrictor coming back? For reals?
    Venom': think I'm going to jump off the book with this arc. Sorry Eddie.
    Wow. Between this and D.C., this is one of the lightest pull lists I've had in a while.
    Last edited by protege; 09-13-2017 at 09:15 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

PHOENIX RESURRECTION RETURN JEAN GREY #1
    She will return, like a Phoenix from the ashes.
    Years ago, Jean Grey died and the X-Men mourned her. Since then, the world has changed, her teammates have lived without her and died without her. And now, when strange events start happening all over the world, those teammates can only come to one conclusion - the one true Jean Grey is back!
    Rated T+
    I FREAKING KNEW IT!!!!!!! Considering this was a leak, so Marvel didn't want people to know it RIGHT NOW, maybe the Marvel Legacy one-shot will be sort of a prequel to this? Or it could be completely unrelated. But yeah, right now I'm betting on the big return being Jean even more. It makes a lot of sense from everything they've been saying. And I don't even consider myself that much of a JG fan, but it was about damn time.

Overall, there are a lot of interesting things coming out of Marvel Legacy. I'm pretty excited so far.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-13-2017 at 07:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

If this is the intended reveal at the end of Legacy, I wish this wasn't casually posted around everywhere since it's a bit of a major spoiler.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Marvel, i find your lack of Ewing disturbing

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Skute View Post
    Marvel, i find your lack of Ewing disturbing
    Too many flops unfortunately and it seems they have anointed a New Ewing - Mathew Rosenberg.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    If this is the intended reveal at the end of Legacy, I wish this wasn't casually posted around everywhere since it's a bit of a major spoiler.
    That's why I feel like it isn't the big reveal. These solicits were going to be out prior to Legacy no matter what so I feel like there's still a bigger surprise in Legacy, one that will play out in January or February's books. Still thinking that it's Reed. The fact that we know that Ben and Johnny are looking for the rest of the FF in Two-In-One wouldn't be enough to spoil an actual reveal of Reed and Sue in Legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I FREAKING KNEW IT!!!!!!! Considering this was a leak, so Marvel didn't want people to know it RIGHT NOW, maybe the Marvel Legacy one-shot will be sort of a prequel to this? Or it could be completely unrelated. But yeah, right now I'm betting on the big return being Jean even more. It makes a lot of sense from everything they've been saying. And I don't even consider myself that much of a JG fan, but it was about damn time.

Overall, there are a lot of interesting things coming out of Marvel Legacy. I'm pretty excited so far.
    So basically 4 of the o5 has an adult and a teen version running around. Sheesh! Talk about overkill!

- "The Thundering Barbarian. The Odinson" Well, I hate that title, but it's consistent with how Aaron's been writing Thor up to this point.
    - "has Odin's arrogance doomed them all?" I'll kind of be surprised if it doesn't at this point.

The character assassination continues....