Page 75 of 211 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 3154

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Wanda and Jean reference

What is this from??

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I'm just saying that superheroes like Iron Man and Thanos are quite prominent in popular culture. But famous criminals are also extremely well-known as well. Hell, remember the Loki series teased that he was actually DB Cooper? Lots of people KNEW EXACTLY who DB Cooper was. Clearly Disney wanted to promote Loki possibly being Cooper to gin up interest in the show. I even recall that our very own leokearon watched an extremely interesting documentary on the mysterious Mr. Cooper. If people weren't interested in true crime, they wouldn't know who the hell he is. I get that you don't like sports, but lots of people enjoy them. And unlike recent blockbuster Hollywood movies, many folks feel watching sports is like watching a live storybook movie with heroes and villains, and an ending not yet written. And they do have endings which can be thrilling and unpredictable. That's magic to a lot of us sports fans. That's a big reason why the NFL is so beloved. And yes, Marvel and Star Wars can do better with quality. I consider 60 Minutes to be the greatest TV show of all-time. And it's been broadcast weekly for decades (since 1968). I don't hear that many complaints about the quality of that series. So Disney could do WAY better. I think lots of people feel that Mandalorian season three could be merely a "launching pad for more Star Wars spinoff shows." And they AREN'T cool with that.

Funny that you mention that soaps have been declining in popularity. A really convincing argument can be made reality TV/true crime killed it in the mid-1990s. Remember how the O.J. Simpson trial gripped the world's attention during that time and how soaps were taken off the air to broadcast it? I do:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47585335

I'm only comparing daytime TV, crime dramas and the NFL with superhero media in the sense that the daytime, crime dramas and NFL are much EASIER to get into than these "shared cinematic universes", and I'm not just talking about superhero ones. The barrier of entry to watch MCU content is WAY more challenging now. It's been here for fifteen years! And these big-budget franchises are spending more money on their projects than ever and that's putting them under pressure. The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, James Bond, Star Wars, Star Trek, DC, Marvel and others are facing the same issues. Superhero movies are too frontloaded. Only the hardcore fans show up on opening weekends these days, then the films collapse shortly thereafter (like Ant-Man 3, L&T, the MoM and Black Widow). Shazam 2 didn't even get a chance to be frontloaded, it completely fell apart within hours it seems:

https://fortune.com/2023/03/21/disne...isappointment/

Yeah, Viv is a good side character. But I've read elsewhere she's already sort of surpassed her own dad in popularity in just a few years! That's a pretty astonishing feat. Wanda is definitely more well-known to general audiences due to her appearances in MCU properties in the past couple of years. But I don't think it's a good idea for her to have a movie starring her to come out after films like Kraven and Blue Beetle come out. Average moviegoers are being inundated with superheroes now. It's not insulting to say that some expect Spider-Man to join the Justice League and Batman to join the Avengers in the coming years. I do think slowing down is a good idea. But I've read unconfirmed rumors that Sentry, Nova and Mephisto (among others) are going to be having their own shows. How is that reducing the quantity of MCU content? Don't you think they should expand on the characters they already introduced (badly) in my opinion? Starfox, Pip, Hercules, and Clea are just hanging around I believe. You have to say, Marvel Studios made an absolute MESS of things with what they did in Phase 4 and Phase 5 (so far).
    Like I said, I don't think those connections you are trying to make are relative at all. And they just need to pull things back a bit. Not over-saturate. Get good writers and directors.

Viv has not passed Vision in popularity. She has potential as a character but she's not popular enough yet. There is no confirmed movie about Wanda anywhere near Kraven nor Blue Beetle so that's not even a worry.

Iger just came back. Give it time for things to adjust to what he wants to do.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Remind me of the effect pieces from some of Wanda's Marvel Legends

They also use to draw her powers like that years ago, and I think they did again in AvX. I do like it's unique design.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They also use to draw her powers like that years ago, and I think they did again in AvX. I do like it's unique design.
    I like them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbyboo View Post
    What is this from??
    Marvel voices infinity comic

I get what they're going for but that is a pretty random assortment of characters .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get what they're going for but that is a pretty random assortment of characters .
    There are several sneaks,

Wanda, Jean and Sue Storm staying tho

I just took a look myself and Wheeler certainly likes doing some meta commentary.

"This is me being reasonable"

"Always ready to punish a woman for their power" - I get where they're coming from but I don't think it quite comes off the way they intend for it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I just took a look myself and Wheeler certainly likes doing some meta commentary.

Lol wanda keeps changing skin color, one day she’s orange, another day she’s just tanned, someday she’s brown, today she’s red….
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Lol wanda keeps changing skin color, one day she’s orange, another day she’s just tanned, someday she’s brown, today she’s red….
    Chaos Magic works in ways we cannot comprehend

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

"Always ready to punish a woman for their power" - I get where they're coming from but I don't think it quite comes off the way they intend for it too.
    Amusingly Bruce Banner can relate. He also the whole thing with ultimate power that's also uncontrollable and results in many forms of destructive rampages.

Which you can't really say they go easy on him. Hawkeye at one point outright murdered him, and the Avengers once obliterated an entire town in Immortal Hulk with a solar cannon to take him down.

And most recently in Banner of War due to the El Paso thing, Thor and Iron Man busted out their highest level of powers just take him out (Iron Man used a Celestial Buster mech against him).

I think it comes off exactly the way they intended
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Amusingly Bruce Banner can relate. He also the whole thing with ultimate power that's also uncontrollable and results in many forms of destructive rampages.

Which you can't really say they go easy on him. Hawkeye at one point outright murdered him, and the Avengers once obliterated an entire town in Immortal Hulk with a solar cannon to take him down.

And most recently in Banner of War due to the El Paso thing, Thor and Iron Man busted out their highest level of powers just take him out (Iron Man used a Celestial Buster mech against him).
    To be fair Hulk is one of the few characters where it's basically built into the character. Nobody wants to be around the green rage monster. That's his thing.
    That being said that are tons of characters who have equally if not more destructive or insidious uses for their power and they don't even give you are warning by turning into monster first and yet everybody is just fine with them. It just requires a heavy amount of suspension of disbelief.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Well, she is called the Scarlet Witch!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!