Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Hickman's a LSH fan, his Avengers run was essentially the Legion, I would vastly prefer that over Bendis.
    I think he would definitely be more of a natural fit for the Legion then Bendis is.

And yeah, his main Avengers run was very Legion-esque in terms of roster and how the heroes were utilized.

Fantastic Member

Have you guys read House of X?
    Still feels like a Legion story.
    DC! The boat has been missed once again.

Best work behind him? Guys, people get better at things the more they do it.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

I've never read Hickman's Marvel work, but people who have seem to like it.

However, his recent comic that all his previous Marvel work before House of X was basically just one long 200-issue story, which he himself describes as "impenetrable" does concern me.

The last thing the Legion would need is an impenetrable story.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Please God put him on Titans if he ever comes to DC. They need him more than anybody else. If Morrison and Johns aren't available to do it, he's the best possible option. Him doing the equivalent of House of X/Powers of X with them would be wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Bendis did that too. And his entire run was a big pile of nothing and was just another footnote in the long decades decline of the X-Men. It remains to be seen if Hickman's X-Men isn't the same. But proclaiming he has saved the X-books after one issue is just a little too much.

More likely they are doomed to irrelevancy like the Legion and Titans.
    Maybe it's a bit premature, but this is the most people have talked about the X-men in ages and that was a killer first issue. He's definitely saved them from the immediate aimless rut they were in before this

I don't think the X-Men could ever be doomed to irrelevancy in the same way the Titans and the Legion are. And even those two are not completely beyond salvation.

Hickman had a really good summary of the X-Men’s problems: For the past decade or so all the stories were about previous X-Men stories. Rehashing the same cycle of extinction over and over again. Honestly I’d say the Titans suffer from the same problem, so if Hickman does a good job with the X-Men, Lee and Didio better be getting on their hands and knees to get him over at DC.

Astonishing Member

Legion and Titans are beyond saving. Their fanbases are already gone. DC stopped publishing Legion since Levitiz left and almost nobody cared.

Legion and Titans are beyond saving. Their fanbases are already gone. DC stopped publishing Legion since Levitiz left and almost nobody cared.
    I don't think any property is completely beyond saving, and I certainly don't think the Titans are beyond saving even with all their current issues.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    He needs to save the Titans franchise because no one else is capable of doing it. At least he's generating interest in the X-men which they lost over the years.
    I don't get x-fans. For several years I've see so many people complain about the quality of the x-titles but they still buy them. Seems like a waste of money to me.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

They are very difficult to save (the Titans in particular), but they are no way beyond saving.

Hickman or a writer of his tier being announced on the titles would give them a shot in the arm, let's not kid ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I don't get x-fans. For several years I've see so many people complain about the quality of the x-titles but they still buy them. Seems like a waste of money to me.
    That's kind of the problem with comic properties in general. The loyal fanbase will stick around but they will bitch and moan all the way, sometimes with good reason. You need to draw the attention of both those who have lapsed or never tried the property before. Hickman is doing that with the X-Men now, and that was Morrison's goal as well (and it worked for a time).

Astonishing Member

You are probably witnessing the death throes of a franchise. People buying out of habit while voicing complaints about the direction of the franchise. For X-Men the current sales situation is just not good. We see plenty of that on the DC side too post-Rebirth.

You are probably witnessing the death throes of a franchise. People buying out of habit while voicing complaints about the direction of the franchise. For X-Men the current sales situation is just not good. We see plenty of that on the DC side too post-Rebirth.
    People are loving the first issue of Hickman X-Men though. It’s too early to call it a success or a failure.

Extraordinary Member

Legion and Titans are beyond saving. Their fanbases are already gone. DC stopped publishing Legion since Levitz left and almost nobody cared.
    Uh, I haven't left. I think if you're a DC fan, period, you're likely a fan of the Titans or the Legion or at least willing to check them out.

We're fools. FOOLS!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    People are loving the first issue of Hickman X-Men though. It’s too early to call it a success or a failure.
    Yeah, once Dawn of X starts, we'll see how sales go. I don't have too much confidence in those books.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Now that I've seen his House of X comic, I can see that Hickman might have a love for Legion of Super-Heroes as people have hoped.

From the looks of his comic, Hickman has basically created his own version of Interlac and is peppering it throughout the issue as Levitz/Giffen used to do.

Maybe one day, Hickman really WILL do a Legion comic.
    His Avengers run was a love letter to the Legion. The problem is his stories drag on for so long that you kinda get lost and lose interest.