Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Hijack seemed like he was in his late 20s to early 30s, did they turn him to a teenager?

I wouldn't be surprised if some writer makes Thunderbird and Sage teenagers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Aren't Hijack and Tempus like 30+ now?
    In their 20's I believe. Hijack was always a little older, and Tempus came back from the future having aged. Based upon the Bachalo covers, both Tempus and Husk were de-aged and are attending the Summers Institute in AoXM, and it's reasonable to assume Hijack is also there given he's been seen among the student body back in 616.

I personally don't care for either of them but I was trying to include everyone I could think of that were enrolled at Xaviers

Oooh I like this storyline for Bling!

BANNED

AiPT!.com, Age of X-Man: NextGen #1 Review
    Sometimes you need to start over to truly get at what makes something good. That’s what Age of X-Man has accomplished with its alternate-dimension (I think?) take on the X-Men. ...

... Speaking as a guy who doesn’t usually read X-Men books, I can’t get enough of Age of X-Man. This issue continues that unnerving mystery while delivering new details about the world that should draw even casual readers in. This comic is a reminder big shakeups in comics can be a very good thing. ...
    Sped-read, but seemed spoiler-free of play-by-play details.

BANNED

BleedingCool.com, So, How Fascist is Age Of X-Man? Next Gen #1 Opens Up This Brave New World… (Spoilers)
    ... Tomorrow brings a new generation to this now-definitely-a-dystopia-not-a-utopia parallel existence, created by Nathan Grey who has oedipal issues up the wazzoo, and no intention for anyone, but especially not his parents, having sex with each other and giving birth to children. It only ends in tears.

Age Of X-Man: Next Gen looks at some of the kids at the Summers Institute, and it’s your favourite Class Of Grant Morrison and other newcomers. And we learn there are other changed in this reality. ...

... everyone is being lied to…

What is the real truth? Start finding out tomorrow…
    BE WARNED, tho it entices GREATLY, it's full of reveals both visually & otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    BleedingCool.com, So, How Fascist is Age Of X-Man? Next Gen #1 Opens Up This Brave New World… (Spoilers)

BE WARNED, tho it entices GREATLY, it's full of reveals both visually & otherwise.
    I'm glad for the spoilers, honestly, and I wish Brisson had at least hinted at some of the themes that seem to be at play here over the more generic "teenage rebellion" in the interviews. I don't doubt for a second that it's deliberate on Brisson's part, and it's a good way to go.

Also, damn. That To art doesn't get any less pretty after the preview, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I wonder who else is teaching at the Summers Institute. We know Angel and Sunfire are faculty and we now know Madison Jeffries is an instructor, thanks to a page shown in the clip posted over in the Which Age of X-Man mini are you most looking forward to? thread.

Firestar, Sage, Cecilia Reyes and Thunderbird seem the most probable based upon the mutants that we know entered the AoXM

In regards to the students, we've confirmation that the following are enrolled:
    Anole, Bling!, Gentle, Glob, Manon, Match, Maxime, Rockslide, Pixie, Shark-Girl & Trance

I believe that leaves Beak, Cipher, Dust, Ernst, Face, Goldballs, Graymalkin, Hellion, Hijack, Hindsight, Hollow, Husk, Indra, Ink, Jimmy Hudson, Mercury, Metus, Michaela, Morph, No-Girl, Oya, Primal, Prodigy, Sprite, Tempus, Transonic and Triage as potential students. We're not too certain which of them entered the AoXM and from those that did it's possible they're detained in the Danger Room over in Prisoner X or have undisclosed roles in one of the other books.
    Not Jimmy. He's no longer an X-Man, having become a Poison. Not Prodigy, he was an M-Day victim whose powers weren't ever restored, so he's not at the school either.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not Jimmy. He's no longer an X-Man, having become a Poison. Not Prodigy, he was an M-Day victim whose powers weren't ever restored, so he's not at the school either.
    People keep saying that Prodigy was at the beachside fight, but I didn't see him.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Ok, more evidence that Pixie's an agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    People keep saying that Prodigy was at the beachside fight, but I didn't see him.
    Look at the page right after Armor sends pixie to teleport Cannonball away - he's one of the characters who gets blown away.
    Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 02-12-2019 at 10:42 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'm glad for the spoilers, honestly, and I wish Brisson had at least hinted at some of the themes that seem to be at play here over the more generic "teenage rebellion" in the interviews. I don't doubt for a second that it's deliberate on Brisson's part, and it's a good way to go.

Also, damn. That To art doesn't get any less pretty after the preview, thanks.
    You're welcome! Yeah, I like this new approach to promotion, in that they're keeping their best cards closer to the vest now. It's smart, more tactical, and strategic. Like they're more invested in long game viability, than short-term gains.

It seems that much like Marvelous #1 & AoXM as a whole, we're lookin' at more of a cerebral slow burn w/NXG, as it continues the ambitious worldbuilding already established previously. Something that makes you think & question afterwards, as opposed to just react on a more emotional and/or visceral level. Again, one tends to linger longer & leave more of a lasting impact, than the other. In my eXperience(s), anyway, so that's just my take. But it's repeatedly hit upon here also, more or less, in a pretty much non-spoilerish fashion:

... as the regular "psychological thriller" references & recurring comparison to:

... allude to.

Like it, feels as though AoXM could REALLY strike a nerve, when it's all said & done.

spoilers:
    are glob and hisako necking
    end of spoilers
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    spoilers:
    are glob and hisako necking
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Not yet - but you know its inevitable at this stage.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

That preview is creepy. You get in trouble for just maybe not wanting to be a janitor? You get in trouble for just wanting to be alone to talk to someone? Nate realizes that this is such a utopia that you don't need to be this crazy, right? It's no wonder Apocalypse is having a semi-easy time building a sex cult.
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    Ok, more evidence that Pixie's an agent.

Look at the page right after Armor sends pixie to teleport Cannonball away - he's one of the characters who gets blown away.
    OK, I see it. I don't know why he'd be there, but this just confirms that we need a list.

I'm definitely suspecting that Nate has agents. That would explain how people get caught.

But interestingly, not all of these people seem to be agents. Some have suggested that Nate kidnapped other mutants or might be using Legion's personalities to create real people. Or he's actually creating people.

One thing to remember to remember is that the Life Seed wasn't made for this. It's meant to populate a planet, not create a reality. Sure, Nate is using his own powers and Legion to do this, but he can't actually maintain this.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    spoilers:
    Not yet - but you know its inevitable at this stage.
    end of spoilers
    it's literally the only thing i want
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    OK, I see it. I don't know why he'd be there, but this just confirms that we need a list.
    Prodigy was an X-Man during the Utopia era, he stayed when most of the students left to go the JGS. He was very much dedicated to being an X-Man, even though he was no longer a mutant. Why wouldn't he show up when Jean called every single available X-Man?

The issue now is that he was working for Karma who was keeping a Warlock infected Dani as a weapon and was complicit in those actions. And now that Karma, Magik and Rahne have all disappeared as well, he hasn't told any of the X-Men what happened.

Of course neither did Rictor or Boom Boom