Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Spider-Man, Doctor Strange and Squirrel Girl creator Steve Ditko is dead aged 90

RIP Steve Ditko. The legendary creator of Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, and Squirrel Girl died aged 90 last week.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...was-90-1125489
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I wanted to get this in the thread before CBR corrected it. Here's what Justin Carter said in CBR's article on the front page:

"Ditko’s run with Spidey ended with Amazing Fantasy #38, 23 issues after Spider-Man’s appearance in Amazing Fantasy #15."

https://www.cbr.com/steve-ditko-spid...-creator-dead/

I know there have been mistakes with the articles on this site, but this is really ridiculous.

To the main topic, it's definitely a huge loss for comics. Not only did Ditko co-create Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, and Squirrel Girl, he also created Hawk and Dove, Creeper, Shade the Changing Man, and the early 1980s Starman (Prince Gavyn) for DC. In between stints at DC and Marvel, he created Blue Beetle, Captain Atom, and the Question for Charlton. He also designed the first red-and-gold Iron Man armor and gave it the sleek look it retained most often since.

Ditko.jpg
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 07-06-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Sorry to hear these. He has created some off the greatest comic characters ever. His work will continue to touch peoples hearts forever.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Very sorry to hear this. His work was incredible.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

BANNED

The legendary Steve Ditko's Dr Strange esoteric layouts and psychedelia infused aesthetic, blew my mind as a much younger reader and coupled with his groundbreaking work on Peter Parker, it goes without saying, that Mr Ditko will never be forgotten by real comic book aficionados.

Rest In Peace.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

This man was a legend. His work on Spider-Man was a highlight for me growing up.

RIP Mr. Ditko. You work is immortalized and has touched so many.

Deeply saddened. His work on Doctor Strange has often been copied, but never surpassed.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Steve Ditko has always remained a sort of enigma among comic book creatives, in no small part to his very private nature (though his personal philosophy is known and well-implemented into some of the characters he created), but his immense contributions to the genre, both from a stylistic, story, and character standpoint, is a testament to his impact.

RIP Mr. Ditko.

RIP, sorry to hear that
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

RIP to a legend.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Aw damn, what a loss. Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Squirrel Girl, Blue Beetle II, the first Hawk & Dove, Captain Atom, and The Question are the characters I know him the most from, and it's sad that it sounds like he died alone in seclusion. RIP Steve Ditko. His name and legacy will live on through his characters.

blessings. Dedicate the next ditko-derived character features to him.

RIP Mr. Ditko

That's terrible. Best wishes for his family during this time.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

That's sad to hear. A great loss to the comic book industry, no doubt. The homage The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl paid to him last year was really sweet:

May he rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    blessings. Dedicate the next ditko-derived character features to him.
    They're filming Spider-Man right now. I think it's likely he might get an ''in memory of...'' type of message.