Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Shazam #13 bringing back [Redacted]

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/01...ck-dc-rebirth/

Already posted in his Appreciation Thread and the DC Forum but...

Its that Time...
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Yes, it was time. The Source Wall has been broken for some time already.
    And put him against the Shazam Family it seems properly.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Yes, it was time. The Source Wall has been broken for some time already.
    And put him against the Shazam Family it seems properly.
    Scott Snyder teased this in an AMA almost a Year ago, Its undoubtedly tied to Crisis 2020
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I can't wait for him to meet jon and goldenage superman, again.

Nooooooooo!

Poor dude, I just want him to stop being a gufcking villain and get on with his life, which I'm sincerely convinced he would do if DC would leave him alone.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Lol well if anyone has the right to bring him back at this point it’s Johns. Too bad he missed the New 52, seeing him and New 52 Superman go at it would’ve been hilarious.

Ugh. Wonder what my chances are of this guy and BWL killing each other.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Actually Superboy Prime meeting the Dawnbreaker GL/Batman from Metal would have been interesting. They seemed very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Actually Superboy Prime meeting the Dawnbreaker GL/Batman from Metal would have been interesting. They seemed very similar.
    True, but are massive pricks.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    "I'm the stupidest character!"

"No, I'M the stupidest character!"
    Assassinate Putin!

Fantastic Member

I actually have a soft spot for Prime. I liked his story. Whether the execution of it was always on the beam is another matter. The concept however? I really dug it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lol well if anyone has the right to bring him back at this point it’s Johns. Too bad he missed the New 52, seeing him and New 52 Superman go at it would’ve been hilarious.
    I don't think anyone has the right to bring him back into the comics. It's just mean at this point. It's been established that anything that happens to him is DC writers wreaking havoc with his life, meaning he's less the villain than Geoff Johns is in this situation, haha!

I think it might have been funny to see Infinite Crisis Superboy Prime go up against New 52 Superman, all throwing a fanboy hissy fit that Superman is "wrong" or something. After a while I think he just threw himself into being a monster though, which is less interesting to me. He still might have shade to throw at New 52 Superman for not wearing briefs or some dumb crap, but I doubt it'd be as much as before.

I don't know. I never liked Superboy Prime as much as I did in the first Crisis, when he met the Earth 1 Superman and was just in awe of how cool and impressive he was. When they made him a villain and started treating him as a meta way to comment on fanboyism, I just felt, I don't know, very annoyed with that direction.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Considering DC turned him into a guy who complains about comics online after Final Crisis, I wonder if Superboy Prime is aware he's been "replaced" by the Clark Kent from Secret Identity.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Oh no not this guy again! Agh.

I guess it's time for another reboot. Yay
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    I actually have a soft spot for Prime. I liked his story. Whether the execution of it was always on the beam is another matter. The concept however? I really dug it.
    "There are no bad characters, but bad writers". A SuperBOY who never will be SuperMAN. That would work.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin