Page 40 of 125 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

SuperWonder Cosplay

"Batman's running a little late for this." 📸 by @jeffdavadphotography

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9wyGEzD...d=zhvpfbsry8ff

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Of course thereÂ’s more interest. SMWW has a lot of unpredictable possibilities and if given the chance, can be the big risk taker and game changer needed.
    Exactly.

For SMWW of course thereÂ’s interest from the markets/audience. But on the company side, well...thereÂ’s no interest because thereÂ’s no effort. ThereÂ’s little effort even put in with their individual character pretty much settling for stagnant outdated status quo.🙃
    The two things go hand in hand. If authors view Superman as boring, one-dimensional and outdated, and have barely read anything about Wonder Woman, you couldn't expected they'll put any effort into build something meaningful between two characters they have no real interest to write to begin with.

Their main Power Couple, they are keeping at a distant because....reasons unexplained. BatCat and Joker/Harley donÂ’t have the larger representation SMWW has actually shown and known to have. The marketing is much more larger.
    The reasons are right in our faces even if not explicitly explained.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    GIF of WW muscle growth after kissing SM!

LOL. What? 😂

Love the art!
    For the 3rd, I’ve seen a lot of “jokes” about that regarding couples. It’s great to see that people are trying to lighten things up.

BTW, here are more Power Couples on the artist’s IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/malasrte/
    Iconic images of the couple reproduced by amateur artists all over the world ... I am immensely happy to see the couple so loved.

Kal and Diana's vacation keeps going...

"A little #breakfast and #boardgames during #socialdistancing"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B96pSzoAorP/

"Thanks to my good friend #brucewayne we were still able to have dinner by the #ocean. Helps to bring a butler with you on #vacation."

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Oh my... seems that Diana and Kal now have the best of Gotham with them: Damian and Alfred! I wonder how Bruce is doing without them !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Oh my... seems that Diana and Kal now have the best of Gotham with them: Damian and Alfred! I wonder how Bruce is doing without them !!!!
    I think he'll be fine without them. He's the king of social distancing and self isolation after all. 🙃

I think he'll be fine without them. He's the king of social distancing and self isolation after all. ��
    Kkkkkkk.... you're right! kkkkkkkkkkkkkk

"And today was Mari's day, which turned 5 tonight! Chosen by Wonder Woman and Superman, after some tests, to be a new heroine!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9vJBcNg..._web_copy_link

Incredible Member

Well I know it's a bit late to discuss Superman red son but I had held out hope that they would keep the dance scene intact but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that they would alter after all DC animation has done. Ah well at least we have the motion comic which in my opinion has better voice actors anyway:

In other slightly none related but slightly related/ inspired by news, the squadron supreme of america seem to be getting their own series.
    But with every silver lining comes the grey cloud that is Mark Waid who is a great writer but has been on a bit of a apology tour since Kingdom come so I wouldn't be surprised some reporter with the same letter initials shows up.

Plus there have been rumours about a potential movie for the squadron supreme which would be hilarious considering how little screen time Superman and wonder woman got together during the Snyders poor attempt.

Last edited by LoveStar; 03-24-2020 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    In other slightly none related but slightly related/ inspired by news, the squadron supreme of america seem to be getting their own series.
    Do you mean the Empyre tie-in?

But with every silver lining comes the grey cloud that is Mark Waid who is a great writer but has been on a bit of a apology tour since Kingdom come so I wouldn't be surprised some reporter with the same letter initials shows up.
    Nah, there's no risk about that happening. Why? Doesn't make sense. lol. 😂

About Waid's being apologetic for KC... it's not his story (he wrote it but it's all Ross' idea/plot) and he has likely been guilt-tripped about SM/WW in KC. He'll have no problem writing the Squadron's SM/WW equivalents.

Plus there have been rumours about a potential movie for the squadron supreme which would be hilarious considering how little screen time Superman and wonder woman got together during the Snyders poor attempt.
    I heard that too. Marvel is developing a Squadron Supreme project. It's still unknown if it's for movies or tv-series.

Btw, Feige should attempt the ultimate trolling and cast Cavill and Gadot look-alike as their SM/WW rip-offs. 😜
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-24-2020 at 12:25 PM.

The two things go hand in hand. If authors view Superman as boring, one-dimensional and outdated, and have barely read anything about Wonder Woman, you couldn't expected they'll put any effort into build something meaningful between two characters they have no real interest to write to begin with.
    I don’t get this back and forth thing. When trying to modernize Superman as new52 did (flaws and all) it was supposedly “not true” and he was seen as the “alien” he is. When backpedaling to the supposed what’s accepted to be classic and forcing the character to be “normal”, “grounded”, and “human”, he is deemed irrelevant and still not relatable.

Superman and Wonder Woman are the main characters that supposed to be modernized and changing with the times to remain relevant and resonate with the audiences.

The reasons are right in our faces even if not explicitly explained.
    It’s not like it’s not known what to do... the story was developing.

Nah, there's no risk about that happening. Why? Doesn't make sense. lol. 😂

About Waid's being apologetic for KC... it's not his story (he wrote it but it's all Ross' idea/plot) and he has likely been guilt-tripped about SM/WW in KC. He'll have no problem writing the Squadron's SM/WW equivalents.
    KC is one of if not the top DC classic/modern stories. So why allow to be guilt tripped over pettiness. Any writer would be proud that their story or being part of a story that was a game changer and brought in so many fans then and now.

I heard that too. Marvel is developing a Squadron Supreme project. It's still unknown if it's for movies or tv-series.

Btw, Feige should attempt the ultimate trolling and cast Cavill and Gadot look-alike as their SM/WW rip-offs. 😜
    This would be funny but embarrassing. DC has the real deal and dragging while others are taking advantage of an obvious interesting/popular concept.

I don’t get this back and forth thing. When trying to modernize Superman as new52 did (flaws and all) it was supposedly “not true” and he was seen as the “alien” he is. When backpedaling to the supposed what’s accepted to be classic and forcing the character to be “normal”, “grounded”, and “human”, he is deemed irrelevant and still not relatable.

Superman and Wonder Woman are the main characters that supposed to be modernized and changing with the times to remain relevant and resonate with the audiences.

It’s not like it’s not known what to do... the story was developing.
    Yeah, it's a mess. Like they can't win either way.

KC is one of if not the top DC classic/modern stories. So why allow to be guilt tripped over pettiness. Any writer would be proud that their story or being part of a story that was a game changer and brought in so many fans then and now.
    I guess that not being the one that made the story decisions factored into him regretting it after shippers complained for years/decades. 😂

Btw, people will still like the book no matter what Waid will say.

This would be funny but embarrassing. DC has the real deal and dragging while others are taking advantage of an obvious interesting/popular concept.
    As I said in the past, if WB will heard details about such a project, they'll do the same asap. 😅