Page 945 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 445845895935941942943944945946947948949955995104514451945 ... LastLast
Results 14,161 to 14,175 of 36576
    "Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

^ Take care of yourself, Master of Read.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    It was my first time meeting a celebrity from something I enjoyed. Had to practice in front of a mirror for a few weeks so that I would just squeel in thei faces.
    Honestly? After taking the picture with ASJ, I sort of stumbled out of the photo-booth area and had to sit down for a bit, my mind was pretty blown right then. Good times, heh.

Season 5 is probably my favourite season of the series, and absolutely an improvement over the latter half of season 4.
    I tend to agree with you. Watching it all in one go (one episode a day), you get a different perspective than, say, once a week. Angel with his newborn son was an interesting dynamic, but the second Connor showed up as a teenager (and aging up babies to teenagers is such a cliche), he was less of a character and far more of a plot device that just used to push the narrative into all the weird, odd places it needed to go, to make other things happen. Connor was a great idea, but he just dragged the whole thing down.

I think that's one of the reasons that, the highlight of s4 was easily Faith showing up and beating the snot out of him. And the show picks up so much when they get rid of him.
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Season 5 of Angel was the best season. Easily seen that one four or five times.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

The gyms open up next week. I can’t wait to get back to mma training.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Just be careful.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

You're looking to get into MMA? Cool beans.

Restrictions have started lifting today, in my state in Australia. Thinking of heading out this afternoon, just to go for a walk and get some air. Maybe stop somewhere for lunch and support a local business.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Just be careful.
    You know it.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeRangerPete View Post
    You're looking to get into MMA? Cool beans.

Restrictions have started lifting today, in my state in Australia. Thinking of heading out this afternoon, just to go for a walk and get some air. Maybe stop somewhere for lunch and support a local business.
    I was training pretty good before everything shut down. I can’t wait to get back.

I can’t wait to go get lunch somewhere.

I can’t wait to go get lunch somewhere.
    No, I can't either.

They had footage, on the news tonight, of all these restaurants in the city that are just starting to open again, with the restrictions easing, and all I was thinking, "Oh my gosh, there's so many nice places to eat that I haven't tried yet!"

I climbed a mountain with my hiking group, last year, and afterwards we went to the local pub for lunch. The Australian town pub is like an iconic institution for a lot of small Australian towns. A lot of the pubs are these ancient wooden buildings (with beautiful architecture and high wooden ceilings) that have been in use for about a hundred years non-stop. And I got a great burger and a pile of fries for a really decent price. All these places have been closed for the last two months, and it's like, I want to support all of them! And now, for the sake of the economy, we have to!

Take care of yourself MoR.

You lucky man, as Tami said, be careful.

I'll be happy if we are allowed to go train contact sports again by early June. Until then, I'll keep working on conditioning with that kind of workout (+ roadwork and core workouts):

Hey guys, as you may know, I’ve never really been a manga/anime guy. My nephew, who is eleven years old, apparently wants to start watching anime, but I don’t know what would be good for him to watch.

Is One Piece suitable for his age? Should he go the classic route and start with Dragonball (from the beginning)? Or what would you recommend?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Hey guys, as you may know, I’ve never really been a manga/anime guy. My nephew, who is eleven years old, apparently wants to start watching anime, but I don’t know what would be good for him to watch.

Is One Piece suitable for his age? Should he go the classic route and start with Dragonball (from the beginning)? Or what would you recommend?
    He is exactly the right age for all of the shounen series. Their target audience is young boys, that basically what shounen means.

One Piece is always fun (but really long at over 900 episodes and still going strong). Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z is a classic, but it doesn't have to be his first. My Hero Academia is a great modern and probably has the best pacing due to being divided up into actual seasons instead of just going on and on. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is just brilliant all around.

Just tell him about some of the more popular ones and see which ones he finds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    He is exactly the right age for all of the shounen series. Their target audience is young boys, that basically what shounen means.

One Piece is always fun (but really long at over 900 episodes and still going strong). Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z is a classic, but it doesn't have to be his first. My Hero Academia is a great modern and probably has the best pacing due to being divided up into actual seasons instead of just going on and on. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is just brilliant all around.

Just tell him about some of the more popular ones and see which ones he finds interesting.
    I nearly mentioned My Hero Academia as well. Didn’t think of Fullmetal Alchemist, but I’ll suggest that as well.

Thank you!

Extraordinary Member

I nearly mentioned My Hero Academia as well. Didn’t think of Fullmetal Alchemist, but I’ll suggest that as well.

Thank you!
    You're welcome.

There's also Naruto and its sequel series Naruto Shippuden. It's 720 episodes in total between the two of them, but there are long patches of filler that can be skipped, and you can probably find some comprehensive lists that tell you which episodes to skip. One major benefit is that this series is actually finished.

I've not seen Demon Slayer/Kimetsu no Yaiba, but it's been getting rave reviews from everywhere so that might also be something. It's got one season so far and more coming.

And if you want to show him something special I'd go with Mob Psycho 100. It has two seasons that are both fairly stand alone, and it is one of the most touching and beautiful shounen action anime I've seen about a super awkward teen boy with psychic powers and his "quest" to just live the best life he can.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 05-16-2020 at 07:52 AM.

A few less obvious recommendations:

Skip Beat: It's like a shounen for acting, with a ton of comedy as well. It only has one season, but it's well worth watching.

Haikyuu!!: Intense volleyball anime with awesome animation, cast, humor, etc.

Dr. Stone: A shounen using SCIENCE! The characters are attempting to rebuild civilization after an apocalyptic events petrifies every human on Earth. Funny, educational and with a colorful, memorable cast of characters.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

So yeah, still checking the settings of WWE 2k19 so while I'm checking that out, you guys feel free to choose which of the 30 men you'd like to back up on.

1. Ash Ketchum
    2. Deadpool
    3. Katakuri
    4. Eggman
    5. Wario
    6. Tommy Vercetti (GTA Vice City)
    7. Geese Howard
    8. King Dedede -The MunchKING
    9. Lester the Unlikely
    10. Shaggy
    11. Glass Joe
    12. Link