Page 170 of 432 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 6479
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Except...that's not how the editorial offices work.
    No one "orders" anyone to do anything. Nor are editors, writers artists obligated to "take notice of fans".

Such passion is commendable, though.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Hickman will probably take credit for how popular she is 'now' since he took over. Can't wait for his era to be over and hopefully undone.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    No one "orders" anyone to do anything. Nor are editors, writers artists obligated to "take notice of fans".

Our hope is that Hickman does have a plan for the Jean Grey character or that the character remains with another writer like Ben Percy. Hickman is not the type of writer that caters to the whims of fans. A couple years ago when it was rumored that Hickman was going to take over the X-men (see Bleeding Cool) when Marvel was still denying it, fans noticed that he had scrubbed some negative remarks on his twitter about X-fans. Hickman wasn't a fan of us before he became an X-men writer. He likes to troll the fans playfully but he also likes to take jabs at the fans too (especially those they consider rabid that post on message boards).

When Hickman first began writing the X-men in interviews he was a bit nicer about X-fans saying he appreciated the passion but since he's kind of went back to his older stance. I think it is best to leave creators alone, minimize interaction with them, and if you do interact keep it professional (even when disagreeing with something they said on social media). It is just never a good idea to create negativity and to harass (or lead to the harassment of) anyone. Of course it is good to speak out and call out problematic things (Rosenberg's Rahne story that mirrored trans panic immediately comes to mind).

Exactatiously, MJ.

CBR is my only direct interaction with the various fan-bases and all I can say is thank the Goddess for certain utilities at my disposal.

All we can do is hope. And while we are hoping...try to enjoy the positives within what is presented.
    And if we can't enjoy any of it...then...the choice is an obvious one (that does not entail attacking the creatives on social media.)
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

Eh these types of social media engagements are the only way that Marvel has to really gauge fan interest, it's not like they bother conducting any formal market research. And it's not like they're exactly known for prioritizing artistic integrity over commercial viability, and given that the X-Men have been languishing sales wise for quite some time now, I wouldn't be surprised to see another shake up sooner rather than later. The problem honestly is that this decompressed writing style that seems to be the hallmark of Marvel in the modern age means that, by the time the new writer has finished introducing the cast and setting up the plot and is ready to move forward with the actual story, fan interest and sales will already have cratered.

call me old-fashioned but I feel like the best way to determine fan interest is sales. in theory interacting w/ creators on socials in a cute idea and there are lots of fun aspects i.e. artists letting us follow their processes . but it seems very easy for both groups to fall into spirals of toxicity with one another, like fans feeling they're entitled to have their criticisms heard and even acted on by creators (they definitely aren't) and creators actively seeking out fan reactions if they aren't directly exposed to them which is totally fine and completely their choice but I'm sure it does a number on one's mental health. fan culture on social media is constantly teetering on the edge of crossing very important boundaries and tbh it falls off quite often lol

I agree with Hounds...

Social Media is not the only way to guage fan interest and it's by far the most unreliable considering the level of vitriol spewed on a daily basis.
    And especially if creatives end up blocking all the fans who are just despicable anal orifices.

From what I've read tv does a lot more market research than films, but it would be interesting to know what the majority of creators and the higher ups in comics feel about fans (or what they think they know about the fanbase - both online and the overall fanbase). I guess this is something we could only ever speculate about.

Back to Grey, I do think Hickman has some big plans for the X-men and with risk of sounding like a broken record I do think the omega mutants will be important eventually and Jean retained that status. We know Franklin is important as probably the most powerful omega mutant. We know Sinister is likely to use the omega mutants for chimeras. I'm hoping that the omega mutants will be important themselves - I would think they could be useful protectors of Krakoa (especially the reality warpers in case things go south). I think Hickman name dropping Galactus and Phoenix in Powers of X will be important especially since he's building up to a larger Phalanx involved story.

I expect big things over the next few years. There are reasons to be both cautious and hopeful.

Personally, the onus is on Percy to "do right" by Jean as she is one of set stars in his book.
    HiX-Man only writes her when she's necessary to the one story he wants to tell...as in XM 8 and 9 and GSXM:JG/EF...ie, not very often.

Yes. I hope that Percy has big plans for Jean.

BANNED

Make jean's freckles canon!

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    He better not leave the X-Men hanging... I will be so upset lol

BANNED

Which actresses would make a good Jean Grey in her 30s and her teenage?

I like Dakota Johnson for adult Jean.