Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Black Bat would be a lot better than Orphan.
    I agree, but we don't know if there may be issues with DC calling her "Black Bat".
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    . . . I did like when she was "Black Bat" prior to Flashpoint, but I don't know if there was a problem with that because of the old pulp magazine character who was called that (and who Dynamite brought back in a comic book more recently).

Extraordinary Member

DC Festival of Heroes Introduces Monkey Prince!
    “Sounds” – Detective Comics writer and Eisner Award winner Mariko Tamaki (Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass) and artist Marcus To team up to tell a story featuring Cassandra Cain, a.k.a. Batgirl. Batgirl struggles to understand words, but with her ability to read body language and uncanny fighting skills, she really doesn’t have to…until she meets someone and wishes that she had the right words—ANY words—to say to them!

“What’s in the Box?” – Cassandra Cain steps into the spotlight once more, but this time with Colin Wilkes, a.k.a. Abuse (who first appeared in Detective Comics #947, October 2008), courtesy of words and art by Dustin Nguyen. Abuse finds Batgirl sitting by a bridge, upset by a comment made by Damian Wayne.

Ultimate Member

Finally! Some damn character stories

Wow! Two stories! Awesome !

Cass and Colin! Great!

I wonder if the "person" is a crush? Or someone in danger she needs to speak to in order to warn?

I see they refer to Cass as Batgirl. I think, unlike Steph, she just no longer has an alternate name.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I see they refer to Cass as Batgirl. I think, unlike Steph, she just no longer has an alternate name.
    This is the comic to celebrate Asian characters. They would definitely use Batgirl name for that comic.

Not to mention that one of the reasons of Cassandra and Stephanie being Batgirls is that they can use Batgirl when they are in individual adventures

It will be different in an story with two (or three) Batgirls. It is pretty likely they will need to use alternate names at that time.
    Last edited by Konja7; 04-05-2021 at 06:10 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

That Cass varaint is incredible, it really is a shame how much Cass art we miss out on without her having her own book.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, we're definitely not calling her "Orphan" anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    That Cass varaint is incredible, it really is a shame how much Cass art we miss out on without her having her own book.
    It's so awesome to see Cass get her own version of that iconic cover .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if the "person" is a crush? Or someone in danger she needs to speak to in order to warn?
    Either is certainly possible. Another option that immediately comes to mind is someone suicidal who she wants to convince to not go through with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Avantre View Post
    Either is certainly possible. Another option that immediately comes to mind is someone suicidal who she wants to convince to not go through with it.
    They did something like that before - Issue 25 of her series I think? Iirc she just told him not to to do it and he ran away.

Would be nice to get a more in depth exploration of that kind of story, but if I'm being honest it's probably a love story.

Which... I'm not the only one who thinks that whoever Cassandra has a crush on is the absolute least interesting thing about her, right?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by km_sus View Post
    They did something like that before - Issue 25 of her series I think? Iirc she just told him not to to do it and he ran away.

Would be nice to get a more in depth exploration of that kind of story, but if I'm being honest it's probably a love story.

Which... I'm not the only one who thinks that whoever Cassandra has a crush on is the absolute least interesting thing about her, right?
    I first came to like Cass because she made some appearances in the old Superboy comic and he made some appearances in her comic, and because I enjoyed horndog Kon being the “guy Bruce doesn’t want his pupil dating.”

...But even I would say that Cass made a bigger impression on me because fo what she was doing in the story, and that I wound up finding the rushed but ambitious denouement of her series much better than Kon’s “Didio thinks he would be a building superintendent!” idea... and thus wound up collecting more Batgirl comics than Superboy comics.

Her slapping him before his TTK shield could stop her is still hilarious!
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

For me I feel like Cass is super interesting on her own but a dearth of significant romances during her tenure as Batgirl is something writers may feel the need to compensate on now.

I mean, I personally don't mind it, but I'm a romance guy.

I need a Cass solo series.
    I read her series a few months ago, it was badass.
    The stories written by Puckett were the best consistently written imo.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    I need a Cass solo series.
    I read her series a few months ago, it was badass.
    The stories written by Puckett were the best consistently written imo.
    Agreed, but all you get is fanfiction for now

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, we're definitely not calling her "Orphan" anymore.
    Yeah, I don't think they've called her that since she went back to the Batgirl costume in Joker War. If they're all together, Babs will probably be called Batgirl Prime, a name that's come up once already. Like how in Marvel, Rich Rider is Nova Prime, and Sam Alexander is just Nova.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman