Page 336 of 390 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340346386 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,040 of 5845
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I don't want to lose everything that is good just because a bunch of screaming people are more wow'd by effects and by the snowball effects of peer pressure/wisdom of crowds to adore MCU and trash everything FOX ever did
    It is what it is

I don't mind Selina his post are interesting imo. And it'll just be the reverse instead of anti FOX they'll be anti MCU post now that FOXMEN is likely over.

They had a nice run.. I guess
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 01-24-2018 at 08:43 PM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Superheroes fighting pitched battles is one thing. People getting carved up and exploded is quite another. They are supposed to be heroes. Not butchers. Fox in these latter movies seems to think gratuitous violence is an acceptable form of character development. I don't need to see people losing limbs and brains flying in slow motion to feel invested in a scene. In fact, such hyper-violence actually makes me tune out.
    What exactly did you expect to happen when you've got people fighting with laser beams, lightning bolts and knives coming out of their hands? Violence isn't pretty no matter who is using it.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What exactly did you expect to happen when you've got people fighting with laser beams, lightning bolts and knives coming out of their hands? Violence isn't pretty no matter who is using it.

I don't mind violence. FOX isn't very good at it imo anyways. Deadpool had good choreography but hid alot like leaving Deadpool guns in the car. Hugh Jackman is good fighting up close but he's really stiff when he has to move long distances

Deadpool II will prob be the best now that they have a budget. The other X-MEN movies never evolved the fighting. X-MEN Apocalypse could've been in OT it was so bland with fighting . My username comes from fighting so I definitely like seeing mutant fight mutants
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 01-25-2018 at 04:27 AM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

You honestly think harttt is a troll? no you don't.
    There is a reason he/Jaddor/Selene have been banned repeatedly in the past. Most of us around here are all sick of his or her or whoever they are that keeps creating accounts' He goes around trashing MCU every chance he gets all over these boards and you don't consider him a troll?

You know you can like the XCU without taking every and I mean every opportunity to bash the MCU with the same oddball schtick he always uses (only for children, only for laughs, laugh-factory, childish, one-trick blah blah blah) all over these boards. There was some peace and quiet there for a while after the jaddor account got banned but here we are again.

And another thing, this really has nothing to do with Fox being Foxnews at least from my pov. Jaddor actually told me at one point that he refused to believe I was a conservative because I appreciated the MCU movies. lol! They just make better movies, it's that simple and it has been proven by not only critic reviews and fellow fans by the droves, but raw box office numbers. He just rejects all that outright, completely ignores it and pushes his agenda of MCU is for kids and is not good.

What I think we're seeing is a hardcore right-winger who hates Disney because they are predominantly left and that paints his entire picture regardless of what kind of movie they put out, many of which are objectively very good, and not just for kids.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Still think they should shift their attention to Mangold and Yost's X-23 script with all the issues Gambit keeps facing. A sequel to the financial and critical success of Logan, starring a scene-stealing up-and-comer off a universally-lauded breakthrough performance SHOULD be a no-brainer.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Still think they should shift their attention to Mangold and Yost's X-23 script with all the issues Gambit keeps facing. A sequel to the financial and critical success of Logan, starring a scene-stealing up-and-comer off a universally-lauded breakthrough performance SHOULD be a no-brainer.
    You don't think it's a risk to put a kid as the star in an R-rated comic book movie? I mean many might assume a big part of Logan's success was not that folks flocked to see Dafne / x23 but rather for Hugh/Wolvie's final film yknow

I mean I can totally understand the caution although sure I'd watch the hell out of it if it gets made and probably love it

A lot of people want X-23 to appear on The Gifted actually... I would love that as well and I think it's a more appropriate venue really

Also, the stuff about Gambit is just really frustrating and dumb at this point
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

C'mon that Gambit news are old.

Newer article

‘Gambit’ Production Start Delayed Until The Summer – Still Shooting In NOLA
    Read more at http://omegaunderground.com/2018/02/...esQmWU1u1Pe.99

Gambit movie has no influence on X-23 movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    They really should have given up on thisone ages ago. Some time before pitching it, probably.

BANNED

You don't think it's a risk to put a kid as the star in an R-rated comic book movie? I mean many might assume a big part of Logan's success was not that folks flocked to see Dafne / x23 but rather for Hugh/Wolvie's final film yknow

I mean I can totally understand the caution although sure I'd watch the hell out of it if it gets made and probably love it

A lot of people want X-23 to appear on The Gifted actually... I would love that as well and I think it's a more appropriate venue really

Also, the stuff about Gambit is just really frustrating and dumb at this point
    I never said it wouldn't have risk, but if it came down to a sequel to a financially successful, critically well-regarded film being written by said film's director, and centering on that film's breakout performance; or a film that's a completely unknown quantity struggling to keep a director attached, and starring an actor who while they have a name the overall reaction to their filmography is rather hit or miss, which would seem like the stronger bet for the studio?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I never said it wouldn't have risk, but if it came down to a sequel to a financially successful, critically well-regarded film being written by said film's director, and centering on that film's breakout performance; or a film that's a completely unknown quantity struggling to keep a director attached, and starring an actor who while they have a name the overall reaction to their filmography is rather hit or miss, which would seem like the stronger bet for the studio?
    That is a point but I still think people might consider Gambit to be a more sure fire thing as well as Channing Tatum. (Again, me personally I love X-23 from Logan although I have no idea how good a sequel would be, or how well Dafne might be able to cope with being the lead like that - it's one thing for her to basically play off of a super established star but very different when she has to basically anchor and center the whole film at age, what, 13 or 14?)
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Anybody remember this old X-men movie idea?

https://imgur.com/a/B89t1

Could have been interesting.

At first I was going to say "no" but after reading it I think I may remember it. This was quite a while ago.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Anybody remember this old X-men movie idea?

https://imgur.com/a/B89t1

Could have been interesting.
    That was cool. I do like that after looking at pictures of Paulina at the time, she would have been a wonderful looking British Psylocke.