Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I brought up the Menendez thing because the discussion had expanded to Democratic and Republican reactions to crimes and scandals.
    Feel free to compare Moore to Wiener, but Menendez is stretching this too far.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Feel free to compare Moore to Wiener, but Menendez is stretching this too far.
    This is what I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    People react differently to sex scandals than any other kind of scandal. Particularly sex scandals involving minors.

As I said, it's all well and good if you think Menendez should resign. But if you equate what Menendez did to what Moore did, people will react negatively to it.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    It's hard to prove, since there are so few cases of this happening with Democrats recently for them to react to. Democrats have three examples of inappropriate conduct similar to Moore who absolutely, POSITIVELY were booted from office. Two of the three were mayors, and not members of Congress. All three have been disowned by the party, which for someone math or overall fact-challenged is a rate of 100%.

• Anthony Weiner: Sent dick pics to women with their consent. Resigned, attempted a political comeback... more dick pics. Disowned completely by Democrats, who hadn't embraced him again, really, save for a few when he got caught again. Once one of the women he was still sexting was a minor, he got put on super-bonus-disowning-f***-that-guy territory.
    • Joe Morrissey, former mayor of Richmond, not just disowned by his party, but sued by them.
    • Ed Murray, mayor of Seattle, forced to resign. Democrats do not defend his actions or circle the wagons. Democrats worked to move on immediately to the next mayoral candidate.

Nice try at producing a false narrative again, it was almost as pathetic as your attempts to defend the Confederacy as a noble cause.
    Dude...

That's not really what happened.

"Largely Disowned..."? Sure.

"Disowned Completely..." Not exactly. Think about his run for mayor.

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    That "false narrative" must have really shaken you, since a while back you guys didn't want to address it any more-- and now, here you are, bringing it up when I've not said word one on the subject.
    Perhaps for the same reason nobody feels the need to address the Geocentric Model or Flat Earth Theory.
    Some things are simply incorrect. There is no argument to be had.
    If someone is bringing it up, it's probably because they're mocking you for believing things that aren't true.

There was some kind of "Impeach Trump" ad on CNN.

My mom saw it, and she's upset.

She didn't think the ad did a good job identifying the steps she could take to support it.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There was some kind of "Impeach Trump" ad on CNN.

My mom saw it, and she's upset.

She didn't think the ad did a good job identifying the steps she could take to support it.
    Tell her to vote for people who will stand up to Trump when it's time to vote instead of just when on camera, and won't be too cowardly to put their country before their political party. If she finds a better way to support it, then make sure to share the info if you don't mind.

BANNED

those ads are run by Tom Steyer

he's a very wealthy Democrat donor, has dropped about 10-20 million to put these ads everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Rep Matt Gaetz has to be on WBE's list. Watching him being interviewed on The Beat makes me want to Face Palm.
    He's on the list already. Profiled him over the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    The only "false narrative" would eventuate if no one could produce any names whatsoever.

That "false narrative" must have really shaken you, since a while back you guys didn't want to address it any more-- and now, here you are, bringing it up when I've not said word one on the subject.
    "Hey, I never brought up all the things you have previously quoted me as bringing up, and I'm going to act like the fact that your response that proves me a liar is proof it's really bothering you. Challenging my obvious deceit and not just letting it go unchecked shows that you're the one with a problem."

...Really?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Dude...

That's not really what happened. "Largely Disowned..."? Sure. "Disowned Completely..." Not exactly. Think about his run for mayor.
    For the second time... Anthony Weiner is the worst. When he mounted his "comeback" mayoral run, a few (not many) Democrats backed him. At the time of his comeback he had been caught sending dick pics to adult women two years prior. He crashed and burn when more women were like, "Hey, I just got sleazed on by Carlos Danger." Another stretch of time goes by when he's caught sending dick pics to minor. At that point, he had zero Democratic support, because he was already a revolting embarrassment.Then, he was a sex offender, which is next level sumbitch.

Do you understand how timelines work? Or are you more baffled that you can't have a conspiracy theory that he hasn't been murdered by Hillary Clinton yet?
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

For the second time... Anthony Weiner is the worst. When he mounted his "comeback" mayoral run, a few (not many) Democrats backed him. At the time of his comeback he had been caught sending dick pics to adult women two years prior. He crashed and burn when more women were like, "Hey, I just got sleazed on by Carlos Danger." Another stretch of time goes by when he's caught sending dick pics to minor. At that point, he had zero Democratic support, because he was already a revolting embarrassment.
    Exactly.

It took the guy becoming an utter and complete liability for them to completely wash their hands of him when it is something that should have absolutely happened before it did.

That is hard to excuse.

Exactly.

It took the guy becoming an utter and complete liability for them to completely wash their hands of him when it is something that should have absolutely happened before it did.

That is hard to excuse.
    Name a Democrat who spoke well of Weiner after his second wave of dick pics, but before he solicited an underage girl.

Hint: There aren't any. Even his own wife didn't defend him.

Name a Democrat who spoke well of Weiner after his second wave of dick pics, but before he solicited an underage girl.

It never should have made it to a second round.

Not one Democrat should have spoke up in his favor during his run for mayor.

Also...

The "Utter And Complete Liability..." I mentioned?

It is what you are describing in this post. It took that for them to cut the guy loose.

Not one Democrat should have spoke up in his favor during his run for mayor.
    Hadn't he completed therapy/rehab and 'gotten help' for his issues after that first dic pic scandal? Anyone who still supported him after the first round of dick pics likely was hoping he really HAD changed. But compared to where he was before the first scandal, his 'comeback' was largely a joke to 90% of left leaning folks. And then the second scandal broke, and it was the same damn thing...and then he texted underage girls...and those last few stragglers holding out hope that a former firebrand had really turned around, finally gave up. So while I agree that after the first scandal, he shouldn't have had ANY support, I understand why some people would consider giving a person they used to like a second chance.

Still, the reaction by the 'leftie' news outlets to Weiner/Carlos Danger was VASTLY different from the 'rightie' outlets reaction to Roy Moore. The reaction of the majority of the left to Weiner was, unequivocally, "GET RID!!!" The reaction of the majority of the right to Roy Moore has been...to cast aspersions on the accusers, threaten them, compare Moore to the parents of JESUS FUCKING CHRIST...and generally advocate that everyone should ignore the scandal, because Jesus, God, Ten Commandments, family values something something...
    Last edited by zinderel; 11-10-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Also...

The "Utter And Complete Liability..." I mentioned?

It is what you are describing in this post. It took that for them to cut the guy loose.
    At least Democrats jettison the scumbags in their ranks, which is a hell of a lot more than can be said for Republicans who circle the wagons around their shitstains and protect them like a mother protects her children.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

You are either willingly, or deliberately misrepresenting the facts. The first round, if I recall, was that he was sending dick pics to adult women he was sexting with and that they consented. Before his "comeback" he went through some sort of therapy or rehab, but I bolded the important details of the timeline that are eluding you.

You are comparing Roy Moore molesting a child to that. While Weiner is tacky, and I personally never forgave his attempts at online infidelity. Some Democrats did, because while skeevy and disappointing... it wasn't a sex crime.

That's a big difference between the two things you're claiming a double standard on.