Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    This movie is "inspired" but NOT based on the comics. It will be white washed, no Sunfire nor Silver Samurai.
    The team as protagonists has shown up in about all of ten issues, It's not a lot of material they have to work with for a a comprehensible film so of course it's going to be a loose adaptation.

Despite Hiro Hamada looking pretty dang Asian? I mean I get the Tokyo/San Francisco "San Franstokyo" hybrid complaint if that's what you're hinting at here but that largely falls into the loose adaptation critique. Until we see the finished character designs for the rest of the six calling it white-washed is premature.

As others have said, Sunfire and Silver Samurai are most likely and definitely licensed to FOX respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    The team as protagonists has shown up in about all of ten issues, It's not a lot of material they have to work with for a a comprehensible film so of course it's going to be a loose adaptation.

Despite Hiro Hamada looking pretty dang Asian? I mean I get the Tokyo/San Francisco "San Franstokyo" hybrid complaint if that's what you're hinting at here but that largely falls into the loose adaptation critique. Until we see the finished character designs for the rest of the six calling it white-washed is premature.

As others have said, Sunfire and Silver Samurai are most likely and definitely licensed to FOX respectively.
    I can understand Silver Samurai not being in the film, but I was disappointed because Sunfire is one of my favorites. Like I said, the movie is "inspired", meaning that they will change everything from the comics, i.e. San Fransokyo. Check out the comments afterward the preview

Yeah, it's inspired by the comic Big Hero 6. Disney will do their own take on it...

...just like they do with every other freaking movie they did.

Astonishing Member

First lo-res look at the whole team:

Not too big on the purple for Hiro, but I like the looks for the rest of the team.

Whoa, awesome. Where did you get that?

Really digging the team from that lo-res shot so far. This definitely looks like a diverse superhero team with multiple colors, a wide array of powers, etc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Whoa, awesome. Where did you get that?

Really digging the team from that lo-res shot so far. This definitely looks like a diverse superhero team with multiple colors, a wide array of powers, etc.
    I believe Bleeding Cool pointed me towards the Tumblr page where that was.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    First lo-res look at the whole team:

Not too big on the purple for Hiro, but I like the looks for the rest of the team.
    Awesome! Thank you for sharing. Kinda disappointed that Honey Lemon didn't wear this costume:

tumblr_inline_n48i6khUZ31s6p1x5.jpg

But otherwise, all of them are cool.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, it's pretty clear that Disney's going for a more unified team-look like Gatchaman or Power Rangers. I'm cool with that though.

I'm also pretty sure that they're going to go heavy on merchandising for this film. Also interesting to see that Wasabi has a dreaded look to his hair, and a slightly darker complexion than the rest, which makes me wonder if he's going to be mixed race.
    Last edited by Ceebiro; 06-02-2014 at 07:39 AM.

I can understand Silver Samurai not being in the film, but I was disappointed because Sunfire is one of my favorites. Like I said, the movie is "inspired", meaning that they will change everything from the comics, i.e. San Fransokyo. Check out the comments afterward the preview
    Right now, the only real clear change is San Franstokyo. Everything else is design departure and speculation going off of interviews, and so far those changes appear to very much be for the better. It's not like the BH6 comics (the very few that there were) were exactly all that good. Comic book fans generally have a hard time dealing with this but change (Especially in adaptation) is oftentimes good.

In no reality will I ever watch a Seven minute review for a One minute film teaser, it's completely ludicrous. State the comments yourself if you want them to be heard.

They do kind of have an armored looked to them. Baymax, Hiro and the two girls are probably the most spot-on as far as that goes. Wasabi looks like he has armored shoulder pads and bracers. Fred's the odd one out.

In a way, yeah, it does certainly look like Gatchaman or a team of Power Rangers/Super Sentai.
    Last edited by Xalfrea; 06-02-2014 at 08:22 AM.

As for those Low Resoultion designs? Not bad. Clearly I was already digging Baymax and the Gatchaman/Super Sentai vibe makes sense for a film such as this. Going to have to wait for some higher resolution stills and then see them in motion before passing any final judgement of course. I will say that I do think I like Wasabi-No-Ginger's design and I wonder if they're going for a more Hawaiin/Polynesian look to his character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    As for those Low Resoultion designs? Not bad. Clearly I was already digging Baymax and the Gatchaman/Super Sentai vibe makes sense for a film such as this. Going to have to wait for some higher resolution stills and then see them in motion before passing any final judgement of course. I will say that I do think I like Wasabi-No-Ginger's design and I wonder if they're going for a more Hawaiin/Polynesian look to his character.
    Had not thought of that, and that's quite possibly a good bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kencana View Post
    Awesome! Thank you for sharing. Kinda disappointed that Honey Lemon didn't wear this costume:

tumblr_inline_n48i6khUZ31s6p1x5.jpg

But otherwise, all of them are cool.
    I hope that she has her Power Purse.

I actually think they made Wasabi, African American.

Astonishing Member

I hope that she has her Power Purse.
    She does have a purse. What its contents are remain a mystery.