Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Answers to No Master View Post
    I didn't say that talking in the 3rd person is what made him Shakespearean...I meant his dialogue...very poetic, his quotes throughout 50 plus years of comic history...and as for OUR President, we are not going to go there cause I am sure you won't like what I have to say just like I am sure I don't want to hear your bashing of him.

Then you don't know me at all. because you liking Trump and being a huge Doom fan has made my week. thank you for that!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I genuinely don't know where it went wrong in Dan's scripting but man, this was bad for him.

So we'll just take this play by play;
    1. The flashback to Victor's childhood has no bearing on what is happening. Why is it here? To show Victor won't surrender? He's Doctor Doom, WE KNOW HE WONT.
    2. The art is fine but "Big bang cannons" is so dumb of an idea I don't know why its here.

The Big bang is an event from a singularity that through explosion caused everything to disperse and create the universe over time as we know it. Sub-atomic is altered, but that's over time as the dispersed elements combined and smashed into each other. It's not a cannon. The Big bang could be weaponized in that an explosion that large would for sure be lethal, but it does not inherently alter atoms.

Also another point, GALAN WAS THERE FOR IT. Galan existed in the prior iteration of the universe, experienced the big bang first hand, and lived. This is going to do nothing to him. It should also be noted that he absorbs energy, so what the Hell is Human Torch doing attacking him if all he'll do is absorb his Nova blast? And yeah Ben, I'm sure throwing rocks at him is going to bring down a cosmic god. This is stupid.

3. Art isn't bad, but for a cannon that uses the big bang to somehow alter sub-atomic structure these look really lame. You could replace these with Iron man's repulsors and it would look no different. Also, there are people just standing there underneath the active cannon.

4. The kids are a break from the action when we not only don't know anything about the main-plot, they are a chore.

5. Galan is at full power! And yet he's easily knocked out by the newest OC and he also can't fry Ben Grimm...sure.

6.Galan is at full power! And yet he also didn't notice Reed forming his hands into the Ultimate Nullifier despite him needing to inspect closer to even know that's Reed because he's a giant and Reed is that small comparably so how he knew it was Reed and not the Nullifier I don't know. Also, The UN is an aspect of Galactus himself and woul give off an energy signal meaning that Galactus really did take his word for it. That's like me getting mugged by a midget with finger guns. That's too stupid for me not to notice what's happening.

7. So the point was making Galactus a power source? Not bringing back the lifebringer? Not showing himself a hero by stopping an oncoming threat? Doom plans to tap into untold power cosmic, just happens to have a battery to hold it, and needed the FF for that? All Doom needed to do was bring him to the cannons to weaken him and then knock him out. Why did he broadcast this to the world? Why would he let the FF help him? Why did he need Victorious for this? Why use Galactus at all if Latveria is so small and Doom just has power cosmic already considering he empowered VICTORIOUS.

__________________________________________________ ____________

This whole arc is shaping up to be an extremely dumb showing for both the FF and Doom. D-

Dan what the Hell I know you can do better than this.
    I had no issues with the things I bolded.

Johnny wasn't trying to beat him with a Nova blast. His plan was to distract him with a stronger and purer energy source so that Victorious could escape and it worked.

Ben has survived blasts from Celestials:

So it's not surprising at all for him to endure a blast from Galactus.
    Last edited by Crimz; 03-01-2019 at 07:41 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

Not finding any fault in your logic, but I wonder if the Two-In-One story where the alternate universe Galactus kills Ben with a blast and is beaten bu that Doom has anything to do with this. It's either a source for Doom's latest plot OR it's just Marvel sloppily lacking in originality. I'm hoping for something happening in the next two issues to make this more than the simple and basic story it seems.

I can certainly accept Ben's toughening up from the Lee Kirby days as well.

This is a new relaunch of Fantastic Four, a one and one quarter recap of Doom's origin is handy for people who haven't read FF Annual 2 (which is many readers of this book) and is an organic and dramatic segue back into the plot.

Galactus is not at full power nor has his senses about him because he was shot by giant lasers and was trying to restore his power. Reed says that that is the only reason his puppet trick even worked. Even if he weren't weakened, Ben throwing rocks and hitting him is not bad strategy because Ben has been swatting Galactus around which those same tactics while Galan's not paying attention to him since the first Galactus story. Also, Brevoort and Slott want to make Ben an MU powerhouse again.

Victor's plan is not complicated. He wants to start Latveria's new debut to the world stage by eliminating a well-known threat to the entire world, and then flex even more by using him to solve any energy crisis himself. To do this, he created multiple traps and empowered one of his people to act as a bait to get this all started. Through basic logic, he knew the Fantastic Four would probably intervene. So while he did not hinge his entire plan on their arrival because he's not stupid, he made it so he could work them into his plan to save resources instead of having them impede a more tightly-constructed scheme. If we assume that his idea of punishing them for coming is being played straight, then it also makes sense because he saw a further opportunity to use the team as a way of showing the world what happens to those who cross the new world power. But given that there are two issues left and not one, there's probably a swerve incoming. Still, it all lines up with what Dan said it would, that Victor was still going to be a hero, just for Latveria and Latveria first.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

iMan 42s

There's a thought in all of this. If you can just as easily drain Galactus of power in simply fighting him, what is Victor planning on getting out of this? If he expelled enough energy that a metal spear knocked him out, what use is that as a power source? Sure physics involved, but there is more to Galactus than him just being a really big human, especially considering that he only looks human to other humans witnessing him. So Victor probably gets a few lamps and his phone charged from Galactus out of this, awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I had no issues with the things I bolded.

Johnny wasn't trying to beat him with a Nova blast. His plan was to distract him with a stronger and purer energy source so that Victorious could escape and it worked.

I'll give you Ben surviving even if I do find even the Celestial attack a bit much. However Galactus is "almost restored" and with a single strike from a metal spear he goes down for the count. So he gets powered up, there is no guarantee Johnny's plan would even work and relied on Galactus dropping Victorious and her fleeing to avoid being fried. This sequence of events is dumb. Johnny powering him up (or even a combination of that and Victorious) and yet he still goes down to a spear.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I was thinking the same thing about Doom's plan. How does he plan to make Galactus a renewable power source if Galactus feeds on power?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I was thinking the same thing about Doom's plan. How does he plan to make Galactus a renewable power source if Galactus feeds on power?
    Since Galactus' thing is consuming natural resources and converting them into advanced power, then in captivity he could serve as a machine that when fed more common resources, could put out a profit of rich energy. And all you would need to put in is the bare minimum to keep him alive, his hunger be damned. I always figured the same basic idea would've applied in Annihilation when he was captured and hooked up to all those gizmos to be a weapon as well.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Since Galactus' thing is consuming natural resources and converting them into advanced power, then in captivity he could serve as a machine that when fed more common resources, could put out a profit of rich energy. And all you would need to put in is the bare minimum to keep him alive, his hunger be damned. I always figured the same basic idea would've applied in Annihilation when he was captured and hooked up to all those gizmos to be a weapon as well.
    Okay, thanks. One of these days I have to read Annihilation. I have the TPB but have to get around to it.

The point is that only to kept him alive they needs the force of the planets. If he doesn't consume planets he not only gets hungry, he dies from starvation. So Doom has to provide him energy equivalent to planets or let him die something that he already said that wasn't wanting because Galactus is needed to preserve the equilibrium in the universe (something that he hardly could do if he is imprisoned). So as far as I see, the point is not if Doom will be able to tame Galactus and made him his personal battery but how long will take to his dangerous and unsustainable plan to backfire in his scarred face.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Okay, thanks. One of these days I have to read Annihilation. I have the TPB but have to get around to it.
    Indeed the thing that flashed through my mind was Annihilation, upon reading this. I thought to myself “this is a poor man’s Annihilation”. I would recommend that story over this one in a flash.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    The point is that only to kept him alive they needs the force of the planets. If he doesn't consume planets he not only gets hungry, he dies from starvation. So Doom has to provide him energy equivalent to planets or let him die something that he already said that wasn't wanting because Galactus is needed to preserve the equilibrium in the universe (something that he hardly could do if he is imprisoned). So as far as I see, the point is not if Doom will be able to tame Galactus and made him his personal battery but how long will take to his dangerous and unsustainable plan to backfire in his scarred face.
    So if Doom has the ability to constantly keep Galactus fed.., what does he need Galactus for? If he has an energy source that's the equivalent of a planet usable to Galactus, why wouldn't he just use that than grab Galactus? Nay something that he uses as a weapon like the Big bang which had quite a lot of usable energy.

-So he has a weaponized big crunch which then has a subsequent discharge that he uses for a gun. A couple of guns actually.
    -He can just imbue someone with the power cosmic or nearest equivalent which is tempting enough for even Galactus.
    -He also just so happens to have the means to keep Galactus fed but doesn't use that as an energy source because....?

And all of this could just be a ruse and Doom really was completely banking on Galactus being a battery and if he dies causes a universal calamity. Why does the Bendis Doom seem so much more appealing right now?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Because of Secret Wars and Ultimates, the idea that Galactus needs to be Galactus for the sake of the universe is moot. What Galactus does is, he takes natural resources that contain life energy and whatnot, converts them into a consumable energy he can absorb, and transmutes that into sustenance which is the valuable and powerful Power Cosmic. If Doom or anyone was holding Galactus captive and wanted him as a power source for an extended period of time, they just need to allot appropriate resources, convert them into absorbable energy (it's not like Doom can't reproduce Galactus tech, he'd probably improve it), feed it to him, and then drain him of Power Cosmic. If your goal was to use it as an energy source for say, Earth, you wouldn't even need that much Power Cosmic.

The plan works and is completely sustainable, it's just really inhumane and cruel because you're locking someone up, torturing them through starvation, and then drip feeding them so you can milk them like cattle forever. Galactus won't die of starvation, because there's no measure of what it will take to actually kill him if he's not using any energy himself and is being fed a little to put out a little.

Also, Doom gave Victorious cosmic-ish powers, but she's only one person and not even herald-level, so clearly it's not bountiful enough for his world energy plan. But it's enough to act as a beacon to direct Galactus to Lateveria (Earth is Earth, so she alone didn't even bring him to the planet, it directed him to a point.)

Because of Secret Wars and Ultimates, the idea that Galactus needs to be Galactus for the sake of the universe is moot. What Galactus does is, he takes natural resources that contain life energy and whatnot, converts them into a consumable energy he can absorb, and transmutes that into sustenance which is the valuable and powerful Power Cosmic. If Doom or anyone was holding Galactus captive and wanted him as a power source for an extended period of time, they just need to allot appropriate resources, convert them into absorbable energy (it's not like Doom can't reproduce Galactus tech, he'd probably improve it), feed it to him, and then drain him of Power Cosmic. If your goal was to use it as an energy source for say, Earth, you wouldn't even need that much Power Cosmic.

The plan works and is completely sustainable, it's just really inhumane and cruel because you're locking someone up, torturing them through starvation, and then drip feeding them so you can milk them like cattle forever. Galactus won't die of starvation, because there's no measure of what it will take to actually kill him if he's not using any energy himself and is being fed a little to put out a little.

Also, Doom gave Victorious cosmic-ish powers, but she's only one person and not even herald-level, so clearly it's not bountiful enough for his world energy plan. But it's enough to act as a beacon to direct Galactus to Lateveria (Earth is Earth, so she alone didn't even bring him to the planet, it directed him to a point.)
    About Galactus being necessary to the universe balance is something that is mentioned in the comic itself and Doom agrees, so moot or not, is canon in this history. Also I vaguely remember that time he actually died from starvation and his death released Abraxas.

Any way my point still is, he need amount of energy equivalent at the whole life of a planet to even exist. In annihilation we saw how even when he was weaponized as a planet destroyer he was weak and starving, and he was actually eating planets! so I agree with SuperiorIronman, what could Doom give him as a energy source who can even kept him alive? And if he has something so powerful why not use it as an energy source, shouldn't it be a lot safer? and less cruel as you pointed Doom plan is inhumane and cruel, we have seen that when hungry Galactus is under a terrible pain and stress.

So I think I add cruel to the list of reasons that makes this insane plan a regression in Doom development.

Reed and Doom agree that he shouldn't be destroyed, but Reed is behind. Victor says he can be reformatted, and his idea seems to reformatting him as an energy source. Questions like how much he needs are not defined facts, they are fictional guesstimates that are also up in the air because this a new Galactus who can have rules and vague ideas changed. Questions like what he's going to be given and how does it all work are me speculating because this was the reveal at the end of an issue and the writer hasn't even had a chance to explain it himself. I think my idea of how it is does work fine, but I am not the writer of Fantastic Four and don't want to keep explaining an entirely made up plot point. As for Doom development, we are two issues into a four issue arc where the big reveals have completely recontexualized the story up to that point, so I'd recommend waiting and seeing.

Didn't Doom change Galactus? I thought he changed the way Galactus worked, similar to when he was changed to Lifebringer. He was telling Reed the truth that he was changing Galactus, but lied about what he was changing him into. If that's the case then wouldn't the hunger problem be moot as he's no longer the same Galactus?

EDIT: Snoop beat me to it.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!